Punta Cana Lowest Prices All Year

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It sure beats sitting in a traffic jam in SD in 90 degree weather……
I love the 90-degree weather. Hey SKy, are people allowed pile their plate 10 inches and bury their face in the pile of calories w/o utensils?

Jan 9, 2004
I love the 90-degree weather. Hey SKy, are people allowed pile their plate 10 inches and bury their face in the pile of calories w/o utensils?
That price $41/42 does not include any meals or drinks, etc. Some do offer breakfast free, and still others charge. Then of course the price you see does not include taxes, fees, etc. If your idea of going to Punta Cana is a spartan room ala Motel 6 with few frills, or you are on an extreme budget, then this might work.

However, this is a good time to go to PC, as its one of the "low" seasons (May-mid June), (September-October)................

I prefer Tortuga Bay......on the other end of the financial/quality spectrum.............and fyi it is not all inclusive or inexpensive.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Big

Apr 24, 2019
That price $41/42 does not include any meals or drinks, etc. Some do offer breakfast free, and still others charge. Then of course the price you see does not include taxes, fees, etc. If your idea of going to Punta Cana is a spartan room ala Motel 6 with few frills, or you are on an extreme budget, then this might work.

However, this is a good time to go to PC, as its one of the "low" seasons (May-mid June), (September-October)................

I prefer Tortuga Bay......on the other end of the financial/quality spectrum.............and fyi it is not all inclusive or inexpensive.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I don't wear crocs, sleeveless sports jerseys, acid washed jeans or go to Punta Cana.

Reactions: MariaRubia

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Slow season deals. Great to draw visitors from south of the equator.

Regards,

PJT

Jan 9, 2004
I don't wear crocs, sleeveless sports jerseys, acid washed jeans or go to Punta Cana.
To each their own.....I don't go to SD anymore except to the port for business and an occasional dinner.

If you like the beach but not the tourist masses, then perhaps the Cabo Rojo/Playa Bahia de las Aguilas area. It is what Punta Cana was 30+ years ago.......quiet and unspoiled......but not for long.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Lucifer and Big

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
A friend of mine who works in a restaurant in Las Terrenas said that this year the off season is absolutely terrible, everywhere is empty and they are sending staff home. I guess it's the same all over the country.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
"People that live in glass houses should not throw stones".. And Mr. Big lives in one...........
How did you know? My dual-pane windows are filled with argon gas. When they are closed, I can't hear the motos from the street and they are super energy efficient.

Reactions: bob saunders

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Big you would be surprised at some of the clientele in Punta Cana. Not everyone goes to Punta Cana for the "all you can eat/all you can drink" vacation. Many are the total opposite. Also, there are resorts that you would never see that behavior at. I live in Santo Domingo just as you do. We do quick getaways to Punta Cana and have not seen the behavior you constantly mention. Keep in mind a lot of it depends on the resort you choose. As Playa mentions, Tortuga Bay is a very nice resort. Try it once, you may be surprised.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
A friend of mine who works in a restaurant in Las Terrenas said that this year the off season is absolutely terrible, everywhere is empty and they are sending staff home. I guess it's the same all over the country.
Las Terrenas ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Big you would be surprised at some of the clientele in Punta Cana. Not everyone goes to Punta Cana for the "all you can eat/all you can drink" vacation. Many are the total opposite. Also, there are resorts that you would never see that behavior at. I live in Santo Domingo just as you do. We do quick getaways to Punta Cana and have not seen the behavior you constantly mention. Keep in mind a lot of it depends on the resort you choose. As Playa mentions, Tortuga Bay is a very nice resort. Try it once, you may be surprised.
Great resort, not All Inclusive. If you can stand sticker shock you will love it. Check below priced at over $800 per night in the least expensive room. And this is "low season"............

Reactions: keepcoming

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would not go to Punta Cana if you PAID me to .. Once you know the other places, you cant eve'r go back

But yes , some people Enjoy it there ..
so Snatch up the deals if this is your thing .

Reactions: Big
Nov 9, 2023
SC
True. And there are great last-minutes to be found, even high end places dump their prices. We once had 2 days at Marina Cap Cana, I think it was Ancora, the suite was bigger than an apartment, no buffets but fine restaurants included for a ridiculous low price. Almost no people, it was so quiet and boring in the marina.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
True. And there are great last-minutes to be found, even high end places dump their prices. We once had 2 days at Marina Cap Cana, I think it was Ancora, the suite was bigger than an apartment, no buffets but fine restaurants included for a ridiculous low price. Almost no people, it was so quiet and boring in the marina.
That is a great example of "not everyone goes to Punta Cana for "all you can eat/drink". I know which resort you are speaking of. True it is rather boring but if going for relaxation it definitely fits that. Sure, there are other areas in the DR to visit with beautiful beaches. But Punta Cana just makes the planning a bit easier. We have friends right now at Secrets Cap Cana who are enjoying their trip a lot. Adults only property, relaxing atmosphere, not the "all you can eat/drink" crowd at all.

Reactions: colmcb and JD Jones

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
well here goes my two cents I walked in Melia Resort and I'm going to call it like I see it. there were people with no shirts on screaming in the lobby conyo no shoes on disrespecting other folks .and in one buffet restaurant the food was piled highest can be on the plates now getting to the pool is a whole different story was sitting on a chair watch a group of 30 people drink for 3 hours and never leave the pool they must have some bladder to hold that pee. also when leaving saw three big buses pull up from Santo Domingo and the folks leaving the bus first the guys came out with open bottles of rum taking sips with no shirts on then the ladies came out not fully dressed some of them look like they have eaten a great deal of food in their past with fake eyelashes fake hair extensions ...those are facts of what I seen ... not judging just reporting

Reactions: jd426 and Big

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
well here goes my two cents I walked in Melia Resort and I'm going to call it like I see it. there were people with no shirts on screaming in the lobby conyo no shoes on disrespecting other folks .and in one buffet restaurant the food was piled highest can be on the plates now getting to the pool is a whole different story was sitting on a chair watch a group of 30 people drink for 3 hours and never leave the pool they must have some bladder to hold that pee. also when leaving saw three big buses pull up from Santo Domingo and the folks leaving the bus first the guys came out with open bottles of rum taking sips with no shirts on then the ladies came out not fully dressed some of them look like they have eaten a great deal of food in their past with fake eyelashes fake hair extensions ...those are facts of what I seen ... not judging just reporting
Again, your experience will depend on the resort you choose.

Reactions: SKY