Punta Cana Lowest Prices All Year

Big

Apr 24, 2019
well here goes my two cents I walked in Melia Resort and I'm going to call it like I see it. there were people with no shirts on screaming in the lobby conyo no shoes on disrespecting other folks .and in one buffet restaurant the food was piled highest can be on the plates now getting to the pool is a whole different story was sitting on a chair watch a group of 30 people drink for 3 hours and never leave the pool they must have some bladder to hold that pee. also when leaving saw three big buses pull up from Santo Domingo and the folks leaving the bus first the guys came out with open bottles of rum taking sips with no shirts on then the ladies came out not fully dressed some of them look like they have eaten a great deal of food in their past with fake eyelashes fake hair extensions ...those are facts of what I seen ... not judging just reporting
such a lovely visual. Exactly what the majority of P.C consists of and is marketed towards. Although some report distinguished gentleman and ladies sitting poolside in linen suits wearing matching Panama straw hats enjoying high tea discussing the differences between the Napa grape and the Burgundy grape.

• Love
Reactions: jd426 and Tarheel

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
A friend of mine who works in a restaurant in Las Terrenas said that this year the off season is absolutely terrible, everywhere is empty and they are sending staff home. I guess it's the same all over the country.
yes this is the beginning of the ecomomic black hole from the pandemic... that was predicted

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
such a lovely visual. Exactly what the majority of P.C consists of and is marketed towards. Although some report distinguished gentleman and ladies sitting poolside in linen suits wearing matching Panama straw hats enjoying high tea discussing the differences between the Napa grape and the Burgundy grape.
No Big that is your visual. Punta Cana is what it is, a resort town. However, it is not some free for all food/drink fest you insist it is. Yes, there are party resorts, resorts that appeal to the masses for cheap drink/food. But there are also resorts at the other end of the spectrum. It is all about what you are looking for, how much you want to pay, etc.... In the end it is a "beach vacation". That is what people are looking for.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
No Big that is your visual. Punta Cana is what it is, a resort town. However, it is not some free for all food/drink fest you insist it is. Yes, there are party resorts, resorts that appeal to the masses for cheap drink/food. But there are also resorts at the other end of the spectrum. It is all about what you are looking for, how much you want to pay, etc.... In the end it is a "beach vacation". That is what people are looking for.
Either way if you like Punta Cana or not it’s the industry that is holding the country up.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Either way if you like Punta Cana or not it’s the industry that is holding the country up.
I respectfully disagree, Look up exports: precious metals, Pharma?med and Ag. It is an important portion however it is not propping up the nation.

Reactions: MariaRubia

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I respectfully disagree, Look up exports: precious metals, Pharma?med and Ag. It is an important portion however it is not propping up the nation.
I am not sure. I am not an economist but the tourism industry must be the most important.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
been there, played golf there rdknight was spot on for 85% of that theatre. The parallel would be Sosua. A large portion of the visitors fit a specific niche market for that area.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
been there, played golf there rdknight was spot on for 85% of that theatre. The parallel would be Sosua. A large portion of the visitors fit a specific niche market for that area.
I would disagree with you about the 85% but there is definitely a percentage that would somewhat reflect RDKNIGHT's post. However, when hearing/reading what many look for when choosing a resort in Punta Cana, it is the exact opposite. Most ask about the quality of the beach/pool, clientele type, etc... I honestly do not see/hear people asking about food/drinks, etc... Also, you have a lot of repeat clientele, so they know what they are looking for. Golf is also what many ask about when inquiring about which resort to choose.

Reactions: colmcb
Jan 9, 2004
I am not sure. I am not an economist but the tourism industry must be the most important.
It is.....and by a wide margin......

Tourism alone is 16% of GDP, but when you factor in the service industries that cater/supply to tourism that figure jumps to over 50%.

Think about how many condos/hotels have been bought/built and the people they employ.

Think about the jobs created by the infrastructure (roads/bridges/airports) built to accommodate those tourists.

The downstream ancillary financial effect is enormous.

The closest rival would be the free trade zones.

Mining is 2% of GDP.

Agriculture is 5%.

Remittances is 10%.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008

Tourism alone is 16% of GDP, but when you factor in the service industries that cater/supply to tourism that figure jumps to over 50%.

Think about how many condos/hotels have been bought/built and the people they employ.

Think about the jobs created by the infrastructure (roads/bridges/airports) built to accommodate those tourists.

Mining is 2% of GDP.

Agriculture is 5%.

Remittances is 10%.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
My favorite is agriculture. That industry is probably also affected by tourism.

Jan 9, 2004
My favorite is agriculture. That industry is probably also affected by tourism.
Certainly it is.....but note that if there was no large tourism sector.....much of that going to tourism would likely be exported.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
My top favorites are (resorts I have stayed at, although there a few more I have tried):

Tortuga Bay (not all-inclusive as others have pointed out)
Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana (adult only side)
Secrets Cap Cana (adults only)
Sanctuary Cap Cana (adults only)
Finest (Excellence Club-adults Only)
Excellence El Carmen (adults only)
Dreams Macao (good with kids)
Royalton Bavaro (good with kids)

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Mining is 2% of GDP.

Agriculture is 5%.

Remittances is 10%.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
It is certainly a component as it is in many countries. Medical devices, manufacturing, big Ag, the D.R is hardly a one trick pony. That was proven during the pandemic. The tourist industry employs many hands down. They however are not paying the salaries mining, manufacturing and big Ag pays. The ones that occupy all the condos in Belle Vista as an example are not front desk clerks and waiters at tourist hotels.