12 year old girl has gastric bypass surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
not exactly a short time, she's been fattened like a pig for slaughter for 12 years. incredible. what's worst the skin must have been stretched already and will not bounce back, even at that age. the bypass is just the first step, usually followed by chopping off excess skin and reshaping the body.

12 years is a short time for a young girl :(

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Smart, I didn't realize you were,......BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you just post anything that pops into your mind, or do you actually THINK first????
Obesity is a "HUGE PROBLEM" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, here in the DR!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

No, i seldom see fat kids here, not to that extent. There are the odd ovdrweight puppy fat kids which es normal, but un general in comparrisson kids have very good physiques, boys and girls alike. Women lose it and become rolly polly after 30, i havent noticed a ruling en guys.
If you are seeing to? many fat kids then get out more and see some standard population, maybe the exclusive clubs are distorting your reality.
Is obesity an issue in children here, really, i wouldnt have noticed. if it is an issue in general for some communities with thier kids then i'm glad i ,ive around healther commnities, i could stand on my street corner all morning and count the overweight kids on way to school on my fingers, and i live by a big school.

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
DV8, I enjoy your posts - I really do, so I'm not picking a fight, but there are so many reasons a person can be overweight, as Peter made mention of. Have you ever heard of Prednisone? The family member I love most in this world has a gastric lap band b/c of it, and her weight has much more to do with Lupus and Prednisone than it does with willpower or bad parenting or bad choices. Even if this girl overeats, it may be b/c she was sexually abused and is self medicating or God knows what. Life is hard, and very few of us make it through without some crutch that we wish we didn't have.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, i know what you're talking about and i understand but i still call it BS. i know many fat people and their obesity is due to lotsa food and no exercise. when i see smoke i look for a fire, not a hollywood style smoke machine. everything is possible, you gotta look for what is most probable.

May 29, 2006
yes, i know what you're talking about and i understand but i still call it BS. i know many fat people and their obesity is due to lotsa food and no exercise. when i see smoke i look for a fire, not a hollywood style smoke machine. everything is possible, you gotta look for what is most probable.

It's all relative... What's "lots"? 5%? 10%?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
My goodness! If there isn't anything medically wrong with this child then this is negligence on the part of the parents.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
This is World wide...And most, I think, its the parents fault unless its a medical issue...A lot of parents use food sources to hush their crying babies...So, I truly believe its an eating habit or so called disorder as that child grows up..something does not go their way etc, its onto food as taught by their parent(s) etc...And this girl is very tall, looks big boned as well, so it may be something else like a thyroid problem, maybe they missed something...However, that band fix does work well, can be removed easily instead of having 1/2 her stomach removed and never can go back...Perhaps we will see some great photos of her in a few Months, the transition will be a good one I think..

Ant

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
"This is World wide...And most, I think, its the parents fault unless its a medical issue...A lot of parents use food sources to hush their crying babies..." - Skynet
And then, there are some parents who have a bunch of kids and just totally abandon them in a quest for their next frolic.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Out of 34 posts which a few mentioned being the parents fault, why on earth quote mine? then you post something else that has nothing to do with anything at all...Do you have an opinion or advice on this awful epidemic or not??

"This is World wide...And most, I think, its the parents fault unless its a medical issue...A lot of parents use food sources to hush their crying babies..." - Skynet
And then, there are some parents who have a bunch of kids and just totally abandon them in a quest for their next frolic.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I have no clue what your talking about or about the other part you stated...makes no sense to me, so stop tailing me around here on the forums...

Yes, outlaw high-fructose corn syrup. I bet you can figure out the other part if you really think about it.

May 29, 2006
Yes, outlaw high-fructose corn syrup. I bet you can figure out the other part if you really think about it.

I wonder if she ever saw an endocrinologist before she was sent under the knife. You simply don't get that fat without having leptin/insulin resistance or some other issue. Brain tumors are another cause of morbid obesity.

While it was a US doctor that recommended surgery, was it done in the DR for cost or because no US surgeon would have performed it?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To any other "History Buffs" out there, who must spout the "PC Crap" about "High Fructose Corn Syrup",and how it's the "Devil's Brew", the human body just sees "SUGAR", in ALL it's forms, the same way!!!
"Honey" is just the same as "HFCS", it just has a better "PR" company!!!!
I use almost no "Sugar", in any form, but I have no "Personal Agenda" against using it in any form, in any amount, by anyone who wants some.
I am morbidly obese, but eating "Sugar" has nothing to do with THAT!
I love "Grease/fat/oil", which the human body just converts to "Sugar" anyway!
I was in a Colmado here about 20 years ago.
The owner was a woman, who was so fat,..."How Fat Was She"??????,...... that she had to sit on two chairs behind the counter.
I went there a lot on my way to/from work.
One day a young, "Thin", male customer asked her when she was going to lose weight?????
She said, "When Skinny People Don't DIE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Agree!
ps., she actually DID DIE, a few months later!
BUT, Soooooooooooooooo did lots of "Skinny People"!
Remember, "Jim Fick", or whatever,... the "Jogging Guru"???????????
Dropped dead, you guessed it, "Jogging"!!!!!
For that reason alone, I NEVER run!!!!
Same "Logic" used by SOME PEOPLE, as to why they don't consume, "High Fructose Corn Syrup"!!!!!!
"Fritos" are my favorite way to enjoy "Corn"!!!!!
"Fat, Salt, what could be better!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"WOW", Peter, NOW we know why about half of all Americans are obese, we all have "Brain Tumors"!!!!
There is an "Olde Saying",..."A Little Bit of Knowledge is Dangerous"!!!!

Want to know why 99.9% of people get FAT????
"Calories IN, Calories OUT"!!!!!!
Eat less, or exercise more!
Probably BOTH!!!!!
"Those who can't "DO",....Teach!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
One day a young, "Thin", male customer asked her when she was going to lose weight?????
She said, "When Skinny People Don't DIE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha, this is so true.

more seriously, i keep my weight in check. if i start feel my clothing too tight i don't buy bigger pants, i start eating less. if i were eating like a bird and still getting fat i would see a doctor ASAP and not let things get out of hand. one does not get fat overnight.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Have you guys ever heard of hormone imbalance issues? Maybe her thyroid is not working properly and they catched the issue too late.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
IMHO the number 1 cause of obesity in the world is our addiction to soda/pop/refresco. This girls parents should be ashamed of themselves if her weight gain was not caused by an illness.

Kola Real has been my crack since they started selling here in the country. About 5 months ago I saw a picture of myself and decided i was just getting too big. Very very close to 300 so I had to do something. I completely cut out all soda/resfrescos. Im down to 265 without dieting or exercise. Eat normally, eat fast food (omg mcribs), eat sweets (mmm oreos) but nothing in excess.

Cut out all sodas and non 100% juices and the weight slowly comes off by itself.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
IMHO the number 1 cause of obesity in the world is our addiction to soda/pop/refresco. This girls parents should be ashamed of themselves if her weight gain was not caused by an illness.

True, but is NOT the only cause, read a bit more on the hormone subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.