There was nobody even there to bluff
I'm going back to [Tunbridge Wells]
I do believe I've had enough."

Bobby Zimmerman

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

Last edited:

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
have you met her parent? has she taken you to her house? and i bet her english is not good and neither is you spanish. Dude your getting played! if any of these question you answer no, then your definitely getting played.

I have a girl in the Dom. Rep. but she lives 3 houses down my grandparents and aunts and uncle's house so if she was to be doing something I would porobably know. I'll be moving down there for a degree in dentistry this august and unlike you im doing it for me not for her. So wisen up.

jake18

May 5, 2009
look everyone, i am staying in england and getting all my qualifications, if she waits for me then i know she loves me if she dont i know it wasnt meant to be. i dont give her any money, she kept trying to pay for herself and did on so many ocassions i personally feel she dont want to choose the life of so many dominican girls but i could be wrong but i will never know. i am doing my career for my self but want to be with her at the same time seriously i need to give her a chance i cant just stop speaking with her, everynight she is speaking with me in computer and calling me and tells me she is scared i will meet another woman and also she wanted to speak with all my family because she wants to be known.

last time i was in pop i confronted her about the money thing and said to her "if you think i have money you are wrong i am poor, my family is to" she started to cry and we went back to sosua she said she is not like that and just felt sometihng for me also quite a few dominicans told me she is a "good girl" and so did one english boy i made friends with in sosua.

charlea

May 6, 2009
HI Jake

i read your post on the forums im not sure if you were the young guy that was out there in jan 09 with his dad and two sisters i think one sister was called chole ( your dad did not like there cos of the guys who were bugging your younger sister :eek:gre:) you were at the casa marina reef /beach

if it is you i dont know if you can remember me Im charlea and i was with my husband Dale we are from Bristol (Dale is a big english guy with big tattoe on his neck and he spoke very good spanish) we went out every night to the bars and clubs and i used to chat to your sister chole ) you were out with us one night in the flow bar and latinos with Rob and his sisters whos dad owns Eddys bar

if it was you if i remember rightly you met your girlfriend in the salon behind casa marina reef /beach there are two salons there and i think she worked in the first one opposite sousa by the sea and she had her own apartment

i know what a lot of what has been said on the forums is quiet harsh but its is pretty true and accurate I have been to sousa every year twice a year for the past 10 years and very little has changed you really have to open your eyes and see it for what it is fun sand sex and .........

I am of mixed race and look dominican even though i am english born My husband is english and speaks perfect spanish and people think that he has hired me whenever we go out :surprised

Anyway if it is you i hope you are doing well
if not then i hope you take care if and when you do go out there

the best advice i could give you is to learn Spanish if your planing to go out there and live
That way you will not get taken advantage of by the local s or your girlfriend and her family
its a little bit harder to rip someone off and decieve them if they can understand everything that is being said

And if you cant speak the language then its gonna be hard to get a job doing anything at all people will respect you a lot more if you can speak the language

love Charlea

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
good luck to you jake, you just have to change "the dream" a little bit. get her to think about getting married, after your education, and moving to the UK for a little while so that you can both work at making serious money in order that you both go back to build a dream villa. this worked for me 21 years ago, and although i have a beautiful penthouse in SD, i spend most of my time in the US making money, but i still have the girl. enjoy your upcoming visit, but don't put yourself in a now or never position. moving the girl may be a lot easier than moving yourself. tell her she can have her own salon in the UK.

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

dominican rep. is a "seductive" country ..the sun the breeze...u go away for vaca. and u dont want to go back to ur regular life...on a serious note...put ur emotions aside..ppl try to get out of DR not go in to the DR...it would be better if she came to where u live..ur still young remember that.

be smart.best of luck to u and ur novia

blkronin

Sep 30, 2008
Jake, what do your parents feel about your idea? I have five children. My two oldest boys are 17 and 15. I have spoken to them about the importance of making good decisions and preparing themselves for the future. I was born in Haiti and immigrated to the United States when I was five years old. My parents were from the middle class but understood about odds. In the U.S. and U.K., there are just more opportunities for young educated people then in third world countries. If you are not educated and do not have a trade then life will be difficult in the U.S. and U.K., but it will be even more difficult in the third world. Most people who move to third world countries are usually older and well established. They have money to start a business or have a nest egg. I have been a police officer for 21 years and have been in the Army Reserves for 25 years. I can retire at half pay any time I want. I also have investments, savings, and good deal of equity in my house. I would love to move to the Dom. Rep, but I want to be sure that I have enough for my family to live comfortably. I have a Master's degree and am a certified computer forensic examiner. I realize that these skills are in demand in the U.S., but do not necessarily translate into a good job in Dom. Rep. Listen to the people on this board. They will safe you a lot of grief.

Radel

Mar 3, 2008
Odds are very strong that the girl is a puta.

She sees you as the meal ticket.

Don't be a pendejo.

You know, even if that's true I dont think you foreigners have no right to be coming here to this country and label the poor dominican people as chopos and putas ,.. those words are spread alot here in dr1 by you people and it's offensive . Go call a dominican man a chopo to his face or call his girl a puta so you can see how your jaw gets broken

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You know, even if that's true I dont think you foreigners have no right to be coming here to this country and label the poor dominican people as chopos and putas ,.. those words are spread alot here in dr1 by you people and it's offensive . Go call a dominican man a chopo to his face or call his girl a puta so you can see how your jaw gets broken

Take a walk around Sosua at night and see how those women behave. If you want to put them all on a pedestal go ahead.

Poor barrios are just like poor neighborhoods anywhere in the world. Most struggle to survive honestly but there is a visible minority of vividoras who can rightly be labelled chopos and putas.

Be offended all you want. You're just another local with a chip on his shoulder.

Our presence here doesn't depend on your approval.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Take a walk around Sosua at night and see how those women behave. If you want to put them all on a pedestal go ahead.

Poor barrios are just like poor neighborhoods anywhere in the world. Most struggle to survive honestly but there is a visible minority of vividoras who can rightly be labelled chopos and putas.

Be offended all you want. You're just another local with a chip on his shoulder.

Our presence here doesn't depend on your approval.

Amen.
SHALENA

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
You are young, find something that interests you and study it in England and work very hard on your Spanish. If still feel like going to the DR then go for it. As for the girl, I wouldn't sweat it, if she is on up and up then cool. If she is trying to hustle a teenager then she is not very good a it so the joke is on her.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I met this girl in sosua and we talk on the phone and computer every night. we will make this work it may not be easy but anything is possible you put your mind to it and work hard.

"I'm in the mood for love" :disappoin

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009

I do hate stereotyping in the general sense, therefore understand your words above. On the other hand I have frequented the DR for many years as well a multitude of other countries and unfortunately this country does rate number one in terms of scamming, ladron style experiences.
The dishonesty I have seen in the DR is far beyond anything I have ever experienced. I have found that in the DR people can commit all kinds of crimes, yet offended when it is personally directed. Is a spade not a spade??
And for as saying face to face as opposed to behind a keyboard, well i have done it and the person turtled like scare rabbit, and he didnt even have a clue that i had years of professional martial arts experience behind me.

Its unfortunate that some give the country a bad name and therefore it disrespects the honest hard working individuals that I am sure you are.I love it here but one must be on guard 24/7
I do also hate the general assumption that most dominicanas are putas as i also disagree.
Anyway its good to see so many locals using the site...

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
Ok but what about the gringos that come over and take advantage of the 15 year old girls or not legal chicks,
???????

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
And i agree that there are putas and chopos in d.r., but you cant the states or europe behind!! Theres putas and chopos everywere!!
And there are many respectable men and women in dom. Rep.
Hey and if you dont like putas and chopos dont go to there hang out spots

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Puuleeeze!

This thread was about trying to get an 18 year kid from England to wake up and see the reality of what was going on...

The idea of a young guy coming here without any job skills beyond a strong back and a weak mind is, to my way of thinking, mind boggling.

Also, given the facts of life as have come to light during this thread, the odds of this not being a professional gal are kind of slim. Alternately, the fact that she clamped on this guy is just good home training, since if she can get the guy to marry her, she can then get her whole family out of the DR and moved to England where they have a pretty good Welfare System...

What it boils down to is being reasonable...

Of course not all females in Sos?a are prostitutes. Just the ones that are visible to the tourists.
Not all men are sankies; just the ones that deal with tourists. This is just a fact of life.

Now that that is cleared up, let us just hope that the young man is learning about life ....

HB