18 year old male from england looking for career in dominican republic

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
jake, don't take that last post seriously. Obviously written by someone who knows little about how many locals are well able to do this.
Very True Lambada. I am beginning to wish that this person who writes so many conflicting & useless posts would jump on one of his self grown BAMBOO Pogo sticks & misjudge the jump somewhat ................

Oooooo, PAINFULL ! :ninja: !:surprised :eek: ~ Grahame

Reactions: drloca

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Right. Walk around Sosua at night, and all you'll see is chopos and putas.

That's because the good girls (and guys) wouldn't be caught dead walking around Sosua at night.

Very true. My professional and educated Dominican female friends refused to go to a restaurant in Sosua. Their response was no, too many hookers in Sosua!
Appearance is everything in the DR. The good Dominicans dont want to be assoicated with the low lifes that flock to that area. That should be your sign.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
On the other hand I have frequented the DR for many years as well a multitude of other countries and unfortunately this country does rate number one in terms of scamming, ladron style experiences.
The dishonesty I have seen in the DR is far beyond anything I have ever experienced......one must be on guard 24/7

To the OP I agree with this posters words. You have been warned, you cant say down the line that you didnt know!
I have been to over 40 countries and I too, have to unfortunately say, the DR rates #1 in terms of scamming and dishonesty.
I have heard of stories where ENTIRE families help to deceive a gringo/a...the mom, siblings, old grandma, children, boyfriend, friends are in on the con game.
OP its a level of deception you have never experienced before, you cant even wrap your head around it.

Before I went to the DR all my Dominican friends living in Canada 'strongly' warned me about people trying to take advantage of me. Some had left their own country because they were sick of that very same mentality and treatment towards themselves because they were wealtier Dominicans.
I thought they were blowing things out of proportion, and I thought well I have travelled all over the world to much poorer countries, and I have the added bonus that I look Dominican, so how bad can it be in comparison?

Be on your guard with this woman, just because she has not asked you for money YET, she is probably grooming you like con artists do.
She said she is very poor but offering to pay for her own meals and has access to a computer and internet all night?
Does that really make sense to you?

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
good luck to you jake, you just have to change "the dream" a little bit. get her to think about getting married, after your education, and moving to the UK for a little while so that you can both work at making serious money in order that you both go back to build a dream villa. this worked for me 21 years ago, and although i have a beautiful penthouse in SD, i spend most of my time in the US making money, but i still have the girl. enjoy your upcoming visit, but don't put yourself in a now or never position. moving the girl may be a lot easier than moving yourself. tell her she can have her own salon in the UK.

Are you serious? :p

That's even worse. Western countries give all the cards to women, thanks to feminazi lobbying and mangina supporters.

I don't know how is in England, but in U.S.A, they have this thing called " VAWA", (Violence against women act) drafted by the mangina Vicepresident Joe Biden, with this ,any scam artist foreign wife can make up a lie, saying that her husband abuses her, with absolutely ZERO EVIDENCE,and doesn't have to wait for 2 years to get a green card.

I'm pretty sure England is no different, since the West, including Australia, New Zealand also have been infested with feminazism.

And you say to take this girl to the U.K?? :p:p

The only industrialized countries that have facilitated marriage fraud are the Asian ones, like Japan, S.Korea, Taiwan,Singapore. They are not infested by feminazism.

Reactions: Celt202

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
oops, correction "

" the only industrialized countries that have NOT facilitated marriage fraud"

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
electics, telephone... thats the future... Radar, gps, repairs,etc. auto electrics is a good field....Rebuilding , troubleshooting...
Hey also remember that alot of girls come to town..Every year. Does not mean you cant stay with them,marry love etc. Just have to worry about your immediate future. Does she want to get out of d.r. sure... Does she want to be w/you? sure...

And remember the beach the world over is Expensive. Check the French riviera. Marseilles....Sosua 42nd street...
If you were a Whale kuchy .......... we could call you Mobay Dick! :ermm:;)

Just HOW MANY characters have you got going on the board at the moment? $ or 5? :ermm: ~ Grahame

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
I hate to agree my friend but I understand where your thoughts are, who hasn't been with a beautiful women and wanted it so much they are prepared to go against natural instincts?
I really hope you are able to get this right and good on you for having faith in women from Sosua, you are a 1% minority and that is for a reason, you know that reason.
Dominican women do not live in Sosua unless they have access to a better income. The majority tend to have a better income due to over time. And not overtime in the way you may think. You will struggle to meet any Dominican girls who are there who have not sold themselves, you do however get well educated women who are secure enough in themselves to stay down there with a man they have given themselves to who claim not to be whores but in reality are making an easy life for themselves.
This is something that many may not see as obvious as others, I have known people who didn't even realise the girls in Sosua were all prostitutes, and that is just naive, or denial. I think many people enjoy Sosua are in denial, and that they are the attraction. Well, maybe you are, but I would seriously bet my legs on the fact that if you met a girl in Sosua and you left her there she will have slept with countless men by now. If you hang around then she wouldn't, but you didn't, so you can bet she has. So she should it is no reality to her you will go back and as you will know, Dominicans in that area are entirely motivated by money, and many with few morals or need to leave the rutt they are in.
My advice is to follow your own dreams, but do not expect it to be useful in DR unless you are super qualified with experience. Loads of people want what you want but can't as it just is no life unless you are doing yur own thing.
Forget the love thing, they are always there, you don't want to aim your life on making the least of your life, look at a bigger picture and make some money for a few years before thinking about a long term thing.
Dominican is much more expensive than you would think!
I hope it works and you do a good thing, think about yourself, forget about your penis and take it all in your stride.
Bill

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
This dude admitted in the chat he was working in the streets. I have a hard time beleiving that if u get conned by a sosua women so easily.
smhrd3.gif

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
I didn't realize this.
I had no idea that I was so naive and in denial.:paranoid:

You silly boy, go back to Sosua school, you are not sufficiently educated!!

10,000 should gain you more than enough for the full works education, including;
1.How to grin at a gringo as if he is the only guy in the world.
2.How to leave those pesos on the dining room table, just to show she ain't after money.
3. How to call Pappi in a dropped tone, then remembering she is on a winner and start to call your name instead, should she remember it.(if she still calls you pappi she isn't planning on hanging around as she can't remember your name).
4. Constant BJ's for no apparent reason while watching TV.
5. The ignoring of her best friend as you walk down the street together and then the hand signals behind her back to those friends to show she is on a good trick.
5. The need to constantly go to her apartment during the day just to do 'things'.
6. The change in the phone calls and her lack of picking up around 30 mins after she has to go to do something important with a friend.
7. The 30-1.5 hour delay on the meetings as you arrange, obviously being held up, as the case may be.
8. The resistance to you wanting to eat certain felines of hers the moment you catch up.
9. The switching off of the phone after 9pm
10. Last but not least, the complete lack of want to go out and party!

Draw your own conclusions to the answers as to why this is standard, but anyone who knows how it works will know exactly what I'm talking about! No?

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
That here life is different. Trade your services. For life. To eat and live. What can you do to earn some $.. Girls here know. They have something of value... You want to earn a few bucks while your young? It does exist here...
Me ,,, ive never accepted or gone against my grain for $$$ reward...
Here you have to figure out how to get money(income) from either tourists or poor people. you can get lucky ... Are you in d.r.??? Bring a camera, photographers are always busy...

I sort of get what you are saying (wish I didn't) but really feel you are not living in reality!
If you mess around with that side of life a lot you will one day meet your match (or opposition) and come off worse!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
To the sock puppets on this thread: you are being unfair to an 18 year old who won't know that you're sock puppets. The rest of us have twigged but he won't have because he's a new poster. It's bad when the same person has more than one handle on the same thread and worse when that particular person is an entrant from the bozone layer. I hope I have made myself clear.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
To the sock puppets on this thread: you are being unfair to an 18 year old who won't know that you're sock puppets. The rest of us have twigged but he won't have because he's a new poster. It's bad when the same person has more than one handle on the same thread and worse when that particular person is an entrant from the bozone layer. I hope I have made myself clear.

I hope this is not pointed in my direction!
I am a one man hand.
My above post was not aimed at the young man with the OP, if you read it correctly you will see that.
If you were pointing tour finger elsewhere I apologise for the comeback on you but the 'I hope I made myself clear' clear comment seemed a little misplaced in my mind.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
Anyway, some of the best Quals to have around the Caribbean islands and to be sure to keep work and beable to move on would be.
Get as qualified in Diving as possible (always going to find work).
Get all your first aid certs (alway attractive an prospective employer).
Do a 3 week cocktail making course (loads of work in the Caribbean if you can juggle bottles as good as the local).
Volunteer for a deckhand if you can get it (another great tool and always work).
Get a TEFL qual behind you, you can do them online now and although will not mean you can teach in Caribbean is another amazing skill for the CV.
Pick up Spanish and French, try to get to intermediate level on either or both, I am not a great believer that schooling is good for this as accents tend to vary so much it can seem a different language all together if you try to go by the book, but another good thing on the CV.
All you have to do now is convince yourself and parents to help you out with the obvious ????.
None of these will pay that well but will keep you in full time work.

Either that or come on the rigs, or the fishing boats. Both pay very very well and although you will be away for quite some time, you will usually get 1/3 or more leave. These jobs pay much more than the others, and much more than most jobs anywhere.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I hope this is not pointed in my direction!
I am a one man hand.
My above post was not aimed at the young man with the OP, if you read it correctly you will see that.
If you were pointing tour finger elsewhere I apologise for the comeback on you but the 'I hope I made myself clear' clear comment seemed a little misplaced in my mind.

The point about multiple personalities from the bozone layer was directed elsewhere. There are simultaneous socks (those who sign up under multiple names & post using more than one handle on the same thread or at the same time) & there are serial socks (those who from time to time change their identity, ditch the old one, start a new one but stick to that one identity only, for a while). If you have ever posted on DR1 under a different name in the past, that would make you a sock puppet. So, have you ever posted under a different name?

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
This is interesting Lambada.

BushBaby has been bringing this up also lately.

I see it now that you two have exposed it, but what I am not understanding is the motive behind such a ruse.

Any ideas?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Let's see if we get an answer, Toober. I see the poster posted earlier today but maybe didn't see the question on this thread?

I can imagine all sorts of reasons for doing this: sometimes people get banned & come back with a different handle, sometimes people post something quite incriminating and want to divest themselves of that personality. Supposing, for example, you had let the world know via the Legal forum that you had an illegal gun, then got good advice from experienced legal gun owners to get rid of it (people like Mike Fisher who was so helpful as to post a pic of his own licence) yet decided to ignore that advice & keep your illegal gun - well if you wanted to continue posting, you might change your persona, might you not? Maybe even setting up one which spent more time out of the country than in it? Course, it's a lot, lot simpler to really learn the lesson and post that you have done so, and keep the same handle. Everyone would respect that. But not everyone is big enough to do it.

Back to the OP, jake this isn't totally at a tangent to your topic, because it is giving you insights into expat residents as well as Dominican residents :cheeky:. More importantly, it is telling you something about good advice and the other sort. I see some of the odder socks have been deleted so that should be less confusing for you. And I was delighted to see you will remain in UK to finish your education.