2 Canadian Girls Wanting to move and work in the dominican

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
credentials........

what are vyou skilled in girls?and what type of work would you idealy like to get involved in?
dont expect to get paid (unles someone knows different)anything like the money you would be paid for ANY work up in canada.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
EASY BOY....Just asking.....

Did someone say it was easy? Do you think it is easy?

No, but I am assuming you made the suggestions because this might be the easier route for a grigo/a trying to work in the DR...Plus, you mentioned PC, not me, so I guess there is a demand for this...but nevermind....

jzkbbi

Mar 1, 2007
No, but I am assuming you made the suggestions because this might be the easier route for a grigo/a trying to work in the DR...Plus, you mentioned PC, not me, so I guess there is a demand for this...but nevermind....

Property is hot in PC, right? Realtors work on a 6% commission. It just seems to have more potential than pure labor like at a resort.

Sadams

Feb 23, 2007
I am looking for a few native English speakers for customer service jobs in San Pedro de Macoris.

We are a manufacturer for a New York company and moved our customer service functions here about a year ago. We deal with US customers who sell our products. Taking orders, answering pre-sales questions, providing order status and similar things.

I will not be offering any jobs to people "planning" to move here. Once you are here, please contact me. If you have good people skills, are well organized, good with computers and are looking for a job that pays pretty well then contact me.

Regards,
Jim

Jim,
When you say a job that pays pretty well, may I ask how much is pretty well?
Thank you
susanne

thaliacruz

Mar 10, 2007
Heyyyy...

If you are interested in moving to the east of the country maybe you can try La Romana, it is in the middle of the two most important spots in the country at the moment: The capital, Sto. Dgo. and Punta Cana.
La Romana is a small city but with enough to get all your basic needs covered, the beach is very close and you can get a job as an English Teacher very easy. if you are interested in more details let me know and I will sure give you more details
Your offer for more details is very tempting, I would love to teach English or French in La Romana...please tell me more.

abduke23

Mar 7, 2007
If you guys plan on living in or near any of the major cities (Santo Domingo, Santiago, Puerto Plata) there are tons of call centers battling over english speaking employees. As long as you have your dominican paperwork up to date (cedula mainly) you shouldn't have a problem finding a job at a call center. The pay is ok compared to what most Domincans make, you can make about USD$3 an hour (100+ pesos) and you will have plenty of job security depending on what call center you choose to work for and your performance/behavior. A couple of places to check out in Santo Domingo are Stream, STI, Results/Roccoco, Language line (these 4 are located at the San Isidro Zona Franca and Stream runs the most reputable operation. They have 24+ centers worldwide). Vimenca, Verizon International Teleservices and another one which I can't remember it's name but it's located on Ave. Tiradentes accross the street from a "liquor store" are located closer to the main part of the city but generally pay less because of the added convenience. Oh, Stream also has a site near the airport at ITLA for those of you living in the boca chica/juan dolio area. Night transportation is usually provided but you have to find a way to get to work on your own unles you work the graveyard shift. If any of you would like the phone numbers for any of these places just let me know and if I dont have it I'll look for it and maybe I can even help you get an interview or something... Good luck and enjoy the DR, I've been here for 11 years now and counting... :D

Jenna

Mar 12, 2007
looking for a job?

Do any of you know french? at the moment resorts seem to be swarming with French Canadians. Knowing French might help! I just spent 2 months down there. I did a little research on how hard it would be to get a job. Please be prepared when you go down there. I made sure I had enough money to survive for the amount of time I planned to be there and if I was to find a job to extend my stay it would have been a bonus.

I wish you all the luck!!!