2012 Man of the Year DR1

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Frank12 by a mile. He posts pretty pictures. BTW what happened to Chip? Did he have to go on vacation again?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I think many people have that experience. If you come across a regular joker who wants to make a meal of something seemingly innocent and well intended it can put people off DR1, infact it puts most people off DR1 board. The site traffic compared to the board users is obviously a massive difference. People don't want to come in, or when they do there is a big welcome sign on the door, but with a dozen Orcs on the other side with chipontheshoulderitis and cyber baseball bats waiting to great them.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Will Robert buy the trophy and can we have a secret ballot for DR man and woman of the year? Then Robert can throw us a party in Sosua at the bar of his liking.

I seem to have missed the Moderator awards 2012? Or did wud close it down?:squareeye

Yay right,it you don't like my moderating, then you are welcome to leave.......

yawn.jpg

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My vote would be a tie between Hillbilly, SantiagueroRD and Ringo for the work they are doing for the orphans in Santiago. May God bless them immensley and keep them and their families.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Dr1 person of the year should be Pichardo for his insightful and accurate comments on daily life here in the country....plus without him DR1 would be boring

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Man of the Year should be Mike I because -

- he is twice the man of any of us,

-has a lemon fetish that can only be satisfied by Chicas bringing him lemons from far away places,

- gives to many charities either in pies or kind but will never say which ones,

- punishes his pasola mercilessly as he cant walk far because of his weight,

- invests in local schemes and loses all his money to support locals,

- keeps Bohimia beer company in business (just so long as he has lemons)

Definitely Mike I should be Man of the Year!

Olly

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Man of the Year should be Mike I because -

- he is twice the man of any of us,

-has a lemon fetish that can only be satisfied by Chicas bringing him lemons from far away places,

- gives to many charities either in pies or kind but will never say which ones,

- punishes his pasola mercilessly as he cant walk far because of his weight,

- invests in local schemes and loses all his money to support locals,

- keeps Bohimia beer company in business (just so long as he has lemons)

Definitely Mike I should be Man of the Year!

Olly

Hahahaha

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Hey!! wait a minute.Is this just nominees for goody two shoes?

How about for not giving a sh!t what others might think,but telling it like it is!

I nominate:

Shalena

La_Barbie

dv8

And yours truly,:D ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I wish to thank you for that nomination. It was kind of you to do that. but there are too many good people here to single out one. If you all are going to create a award for lucid posts, than let it be called the Lambada Prize, since her posts were indeed among the all time best.
If you pause for a moment, you will realize that there are persons here that are contributing from all directions. PJT out in Hig?ey, Chiri in Punta Cana, and Mike Fisher in Boca de Yuna, a plethora of folks from Cabrera to POP keep us informed about things North. Matilde grounds us in the "real" world lived by people in the towns of this country.
We have adventures (Frank 12 and motorcycles> Is that right?) Cobraboy and his trips around the DR.

As for the stuff we do with Hogar Emiliano Tardif? Nah, you have to thank Ringo and Mrs. Ringo, SantiagueroRD and the English Teacher as well and many, many people outside the country. When I got to Florida the day before yesterday there was a sewing machine waiting for the kids...Now we need to teach them how to use it!! See, it is never just one person. Thanks anyway...to you all.

And to all a Merry Christmas ...

HB

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Mike Fisher in Boca de Yuna"

He is in "Cabeza de Toro", the body part was close though ;)

Merry Christmas! :)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I wish to thank you for that nomination. It was kind of you to do that. but there are too many good people here to single out one.
HB

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4aEV_sikj2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>..............

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
With HB's last remarks I would say "Nough Said".
The post started with good intention and while I've never knowingly met any poster in person I would have certainly had to vote for HB.
I've corresponded with him via PMs on numerous occasions as well as some other worthy posters and have gotten great help.
HB makes it obvious there are a good bunch of folks in the DR1 community.
I've been a member for a good while--1st under Boca Chica Dave and when that puter quit under Deyvi.
My feeling is: for any of the folks HB named and maybe others the award would (in my mind) be a something of a slap in the face. Time mag. is and has been a Zero for years!! It only gets mention at time of their award-----and lately that award has been totally BOGUS!!!
I think this Thread started off with the idea of who has best advice, most helpful, caring etc. person. If only Time mag. could again embrace that idea.

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
I have been fortunate to know Luis aka HB since 1980. i was walking through the center of Santiago as a new US Peace Corps Volunteer and Luis figured that out easily and called out to me while he was driving by in his land rover jeep. I have been a friend ever since and thank him for watching out for my daughter while she was at PUCMM. My wife votes for Luis as well so count that as two votes!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"AZB" and I were sitting at the bar, (Where ELSE?)in Sosua, at a DR1 Charity auction many years ago.
A distinguished, well dressed gentleman came up to us,looked at me, "CC", and stated that I was the "Kindest poster on DR1.
He went on to say that I gave out more great information about "Living In The DR", than anyone else, and he wanted to personally thank me, and shake my hand!!!!
I was confused?????????????????
I asked him who he thought I was???
He said,"Why Hillbilly."
After "AZB" and I whipped off the bar, where we had both just spit our drinks, I told him he was mistaken,
I am Cris Colon!!!
He was EXTREMELY shocked!
Did an "About Face", and disappeared into the crowd, never to be seen again.
I was honored to be mistaken for the "Oracle of Santiago", if only for a moment!
That story speakes VOLUMES about the GREAT Guy, we all lovingly call, "HB"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c