2012 Man of the Year DR1

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Robert for keeping it going. HB for well everything. CC for just being CC. Ringo for all his efforts in helping the Orphange. Mike Fisher for his devotion to his ever needed weather updates. Wud for his overseeing. Cobra for his wonderful insight on sights unseen by most (motor trips). Matilda for her wonderful stories. Chiri for her reason as well as AnnaC, Africaida, AE and all the other I missed. BB, Tambo, BelgianK and all the others for their wisdom. Shalena for keeping it real. And even Chip for keeping things stirred-up (not always correctly).. Frank12 for his stories.DV8 just because. Pollogringo, waytogo, caribemike, Ken, Bob in Sousa (?) And to all the others I may have not mentioned who help make this one of the best forums around...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
"AZB" and I were sitting at the bar, (Where ELSE?)in Sosua, at a DR1 Charity auction many years ago.
A distinguished, well dressed gentleman came up to us,looked at me, "CC", and stated that I was the "Kindest poster on DR1.
He went on to say that I gave out more great information about "Living In The DR", than anyone else, and he wanted to personally thank me, and shake my hand!!!!
I was confused?????????????????
I asked him who he thought I was???
He said,"Why Hillbilly."
After "AZB" and I whipped off the bar, where we had both just spit our drinks, I told him he was mistaken,
I am Cris Colon!!!
He was EXTREMELY shocked!
Did an "About Face", and disappeared into the crowd, never to be seen again.
I was honored to be mistaken for the "Oracle of Santiago", if only for a moment!
That story speakes VOLUMES about the GREAT Guy, we all lovingly call, "HB"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c

Hahahaha I was there that night. It was at Eddy's and I remember it well.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Robert for keeping it going. HB for well everything. CC for just being CC. Ringo for all his efforts in helping the Orphange. Mike Fisher for his devotion to his ever needed weather updates. Wud for his overseeing. Cobra for his wonderful insight on sights unseen by most (motor trips). Matilda for her wonderful stories. Chiri for her reason as well as AnnaC, Africaida, AE and all the other I missed. BB, Tambo, BelgianK and all the others for their wisdom. Shalena for keeping it real. And even Chip for keeping things stirred-up (not always correctly).. Frank12 for his stories.DV8 just because. Pollogringo, waytogo, caribemike, Ken, Bob in Sousa (?) And to all the others I may have not mentioned who help make this one of the best forums around...
I really thought HB put this subject to bed? What's your point ?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
That some may be more worthy than others but everyone plays a role...even you Deyvi.