2016 Hurricane Season

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
not reported as a Landfall, yet.
to me it looks like Matthew's western Wall is touch Florida grounds.
neverless, this is superclose to strong populated areas, wandering along or over the shores there.
i can imagine the Storm Tides to be extremely powerful there right now.
Nicole stands still, isn't moving anywhere.
looks like it is under heavy windshear which cut off all it's northern thunderstorm activities.

the Invest which went over the Windward Islands seems to have lost most powers andorganization over the Islands,
looks like it will be just some quiet clouds moving thru the southern caribbean sea E to W.

Mike

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
concerned about both cholera and leptospirosis here as well as in Haiti , the President said to avoid walking in puddles,which is probably impossible in some areas, and to make sure all water is boiled for 10 minutes before cooking with it.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
looks like this is the year of strange/rare moving Storms.
Matthew taking the northern Antilles from S to N first and now moving along the SE coast up there where such is a strange thing. and then even expected to do a full turn again and come back as a TS or TD.

and Nicole after a day of stationary non movement is wandering south now,
it's farest southern bands almost reaching the northshores of PR and Hispa?iola.

at least nothing new in the make for the newxt few days,
but what is already out there acts strange enough on it's own.

Mike

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Prayers for our friend Benjamin DR1er for many years who lives a couple meters away from the NC sea side.
Hope he and his family remain safe during the pass of Matthew through NC coast.

JJ

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Thanks JJ. Seems to have broken up on the coast south of us, we were very lucky. Much rain and high winds in Raleigh, be safe and certainly hope you and familia are well, much love, Ben

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks JJ. Seems to have broken up on the coast south of us, we were very lucky. Much rain and high winds in Raleigh, be safe and certainly hope you and familia are well, much love, Ben

Glad to heard from you, it was raining all day long here in Raleigh, the winds and the rain just stopped tonight.
Thanks, like wise for you and Felicia.

JJ

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we had a heck of rain from yesterday Noon til this early morning here at my place.
that was more than any storm brought us since a long time.
nice fresh air, no drought period this year, looks all fine.
cam and sunny again now.

at the moment no dangers to locate out there from the East

Mike

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
we had a heck of rain from yesterday Noon til this early morning here at my place.
that was more than any storm brought us since a long time.
nice fresh air, no drought period this year, looks all fine.
cam and sunny again now.

at the moment no dangers to locate out there from the East

Mike

Overnight it rained really hard in the city but this morning all clear and sunny

Is it selfish of me to like sleeping through a rainy night? I was kind of disappointed when it stopped

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
lol,
to hear strong rain coming down over night makes for perfect conditions for a relaxed good sleep for myself, too.

Mike

yeah a perfect guilty pleasure...

and Nicole has grown, nice she's a perfect cat 4 hurricane, who would've thought it!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
nothing bad awaited to form on the highway for the next many days,
it could even already be the end for our Big Cape Verde Thingies Season.

keep an eye on the System over the Bahamas.
doesn't look like a Storm brewing up, but it is a rain collector and drifting EAST'wards.
a lil southern touch to that drift and our NW could get some pants wet.

have a great sunday everyone.

Mike

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
yeah Mike, I agree it could be an early end to the season. I'm heading out into the middle for a.couple of weeks of sailing, *so I will take this opportunity to thank you for this years forecasting. You have a very good grasp of the Caribbean weather cycles, and I trust your forecasts. I was lucky this year and although my gear was prepared, I never took it out of the locker. I hope you will continue next year and again, Thank You.*

Jsta_Rebel*

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
good Sailing, may the wnds be perfect for the ride.
Mike, Playas de las Aguilas sounds great, been many years that i visited, many.
from now on, what ever comes up, will very likely form close to the Islands, as usual for late season.
that doesn't mean it couldn't become a Storm, but proximity and the short time before a touch does usually such late storms not make the big monsters.
like every year, we keep the eyes open til close to christmas.
when our dominican wifes put their sweathers on and complain #tengo frio Papi",
that's when we are on the really safe side of Island Storm Life, lol

Mike