2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Passing to the north is the usual path - historically.

it looks close but it's normally 50-100 miles offshore
The last two were that way....
wind but not disastrous....

let's hope for a repeat
Passing to the North side of the Dominican Republic is VERY unusual and only in the last couple of years, 2 storms have done so.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I suppose I should have said --recently -- rather than historically

We can agree - the 2 most recent storms have behaved that way

Things change
NYC is now considered 'sub-tropical'
Warmer winters - hotter summers...........look it up , recent news

The French Champagne wine makers are buying UK vineyards
the French is less conducive to good grapes recently... UK is better

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
EeDcRFbXkAA1bMp

Feb 7, 2007
11 PM NHC update moved the center of the storm south which shifted the whole path south. It's center will now be passing south of Punta Cana and south of Santiago. Winds and rains see on the northern quadrant.

PS for those who speak Spanish I also recommend updates by CMGCaribe - a Puerto Rican guy

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yup.

Hurricane Tracker App

@hurrtrackerapp

I don’t see #PTC9 gaining as much latitude as forecasted in the next 24 hrs. If I had to draw a cone, it would look something like this. More W than what the NHC is showing. Center south of Puerto Rico and scrapes southern coast of Haiti/DR. We will see how well this holds up.

EeEu9RhWAAA7nCk

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wonder the models do not consider the path deflection that PR and our mountains cause -
Affecting the route of the storms........

It happens every time - the deflection - but seems never to be taken into account

Reactions: GringoRubio

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Speaking from my experience as the starter of the DR1 weather forum... and having lived through many many storms in the DR... my advice for accuracy in forecasting is to follow the weather reports that generate from people following weather in Puerto Rico. In 80% of the cases, what happens in Puerto Rico will determine what happens here.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Found this one:

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
guy knows his stuff. Some of the professionals disdain him because he sticks it up their arse at every opportunity.

Reactions: Auryn

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
guy knows his stuff. Some of the professionals disdain him because he sticks it up their arse at every opportunity.
BTW, Tropical tidbits on Mike's page have the spaghetti models completely missing PR, and headed directly through hispanola.

Status
Not open for further replies.