2020 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The below is NOT an appeal for funds, only to let other know what's happening now in Nicauragua. It's from La Mariposa Spanish School in La Concepcion (la concha):

Paulette and the staff at La Mariposa would like to respond immediately to the crisis for people hardest hit on the coasts by shipping in drinking water, food, etc., and are asking for all of us to join them.
Below is an update from Paulette as of this morning (Tuesday), and an invitation (desperate plea!) to give:

Donate to the Hurricane Relief Project

Enter Donation Amount (USD)
pixel.gif

• Respond immediately to the crisis for people hardest hit on the coasts by shipping in drinking water, food, etc.
  • Assist with ongoing relief efforts
All gifts in the USA are tax deductible.
We are a 501c3 organization. Checks can be sent to:
Mas Mariposas, 12955 Old Lincoln Way E, Orrville, OH 44667

As I write, Hurricane Iota is wrecking terrible damage to the Atlantic coast and the gold mining triangle. There are winds of 260 mph and the intensity of the rainfall must be seen to be believed! This comes as recovery from Hurricane Eta two weeks ago has barely begun.
In La Concha at 7:00am Tuesday, we are getting high winds and heavy rainfall. We are scheduled to get our worst hit at this time tomorrow. It is scary enough here to keep us awake all night – so I can only imagine how it must be for people in Bilwi and Siuna on the Caribbean Coast.
Of course the links with climate crisis and ecological destruction go deep, but right now I think we must focus on doing all we can to alleviate immediate suffering. That is why today we are issuing an appeal for funds to buy food and potable water which we will get out there one way or another!
Please do two things to help:

• Donate through www.masmariposas.org and tell us how much you are able to give so we can spend the money IMMEDIATELY (I mean today!) on relief for those hardest hit.
  • Share this with your family and friends on Facebook/other social media platforms and ask them to give. If they have not seen footage of the damage, just scroll down my Facebook page (I will put some more up today) or do an internet search for “Hurricane Iota”.
PLEASE PLEASE THIS IS SERIOUS, thank you.”
201115_wn_marciano_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

It is painful to see a beautiful country whose people, places, culture, and language we all enjoyed and learned so much from, being devastated with so much destruction in such a short period of time. Help Mas Mariposas be a part of bringing what small level of relief we can and aid in Nicaragua’s recovery.
En la amistad y solidaridad,
(In friendship and solidarity),
Tara Steiner, Mas Mariposas Board

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, teh erally sad trueth of it.
but she has to change "Atlantic coast" into Pacific Coast, as she is on the Pacific coast of Nicaraguan 's West.
but such geographic detail is absolutely no important in any way.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The "Atlantic coast" is what that region is called in Nicaragua. One of the towns she mentions, Siuna/Gold triangle are a few hours inland, but the region is still known as La Costa Atlántica.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
The "Atlantic coast" is what that region is called in Nicaragua. One of the towns she mentions, Siuna/Gold triangle are a few hours inland, but the region is still known as La Costa Atlántica.
thanks for that, as it is a area which i personally never visited.
i was "thinking" about "where the heck Nicaragua touches teh Atlantic Ocean", lol.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How terribly odd that both central America and the US gulf coast were struck in the same place - TWICE!!

Exactly the same path......each time...... terrible , terrible misfortune - or fate
Devastating

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes,
and Central can await more hevy rain for next week, out of the Disturbance in teh SWern Caribbena Sea.
it looks like they get a "bit lucky" on this one, it is likely that most rainloads will enter the continent a bit more South, for Southern Nicaragua.
but such could also easily push a tad bit up and rain over the same areas again.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
How terribly odd that both central America and the US gulf coast were struck in the same place - TWICE!!

Exactly the same path......each time...... terrible , terrible misfortune - or fate
Devastating
from everything I read..this could become the pattern of the years to come...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
warming and cooling are normal nature changes, every some hundred and thousand years it goes up and down.
of course our science has still most of those things to learn, but those changes do not happen within just a few years, not even within just a decade.
we humans do not have enough experience/knowledge about that stuff, yet, we need much more time to observe and learn.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How far down was the Ice Age glacier-- to Paris I think

You could walk from Alaska to Russia across a thin strip....and across Lake Huron
Water levels were low.....

Some of the oldest cave drawings known to man are in So France

Then it warmed up.....
Not much press/scientific reporting back then..........but it happened

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
How far down was the Ice Age glacier-- to Paris I think

You could walk from Alaska to Russia across a thin strip....and across Lake Huron
Water levels were low.....

Some of the oldest cave drawings known to man are in So France

Then it warmed up.....
Not much press/scientific reporting back then..........but it happened
and it it did not hppen due any human interference, aside of some nightly campfires, lol.
it is mother nature's cycles.
we have phases getting colder and we have phases getting warmer.
every few lil kilometers circling closer to the sun heats us up like hell, and a few further away will provide us with a new ice age.
in between those extremes we always go up and down on temps ever once in a while.
and "a while" is not something depending on hman measures like some years or such, nature has it's own measures and metrics,
we humans as a species are over all a completely unimportant one on the planet, we are here for only a very short period of time compared to the planet's age.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Absolutely true....

As Mother Earth says -
been there done that

Nothing new in the world..... and it repeats... over & over...Millenniums apart

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
and it it did not hppen due any human interference, aside of some nightly campfires, lol.
it is mother nature's cycles.
we have phases getting colder and we have phases getting warmer.
every few lil kilometers circling closer to the sun heats us up like hell, and a few further away will provide us with a new ice age.
in between those extremes we always go up and down on temps ever once in a while.
and "a while" is not something depending on hman measures like some years or such, nature has it's own measures and metrics,
we humans as a species are over all a completely unimportant one on the planet, we are here for only a very short period of time compared to the planet's age.
great anaolgy . Adds to my investigation of changes after the full eclipse August 21,2017 . Ain't no sunshine when...........

Status
Not open for further replies.