27 Waterfalls

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
OK guys so what's the story then. I'm currently in The DR with the family. Would like to do this excursion, but have some reservations as I keep hearing different things about it. The party would be ME (Afraid of jumping from really high altitudes), my wife who is a strong swimmer so no worries there and two boys (18 and 19) who are not good swimmers at all. What do you think? Also how long does this really take?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
OK guys so what's the story then. I'm currently in The DR with the family. Would like to do this excursion, but have some reservations as I keep hearing different things about it. The party would be ME (Afraid of jumping from really high altitudes), my wife who is a strong swimmer so no worries there and two boys (18 and 19) who are not good swimmers at all. What do you think? Also how long does this really take?
DO IT!

You'll have no problems.

If you're in decent shape and it hasn't been raining much, to the whole 27. Figure 4 hours.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
go now when it's hot like hell and there has been little rain. the water will be slower and less deep. less cold too. when you do it as a part of excursion it's maybe 6-7 hours in total, including all the driving, lunch and peddling of "goods" to buy.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You can chose to do only 7 waterfalls, 12, or all of them. Your group will have two guides, one in the front and one in the back, and you can do it at your own pace. Once you arrive there, it takes about 45 minutes to walk up (12) and about an hour to 90 minutes to come down. If you dont want to jump down, you can either slide or walk down. As long as you are in decent shape, you dont have to worry about this. In any case, the guides can take you back over the steps anyway, if one gets scared.

DO IT! It is SO MUCH FUN and so beautiful!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Thanks for the replies guys...I'll plan to do it next week. Will probably spend two days in PP area and make this part of that trip.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
The problem with 27 waterfalls is that I think for the most part the guides probably aren't too concerned about your safety. If you break a leg, you break a leg. No big deal to them. I don't trust them. That said, I did it and it WAS fun. I would do it again, and I'm sure will do it again soon.

If you want an adventure where the guides DO care about your welfare, and there have been no serious injuries or deaths, try kayakriveradventures.com in Cabarete. I went twice and really a much better experience than 27 waterfalls. The guides are trained in rappelling, and the jumps are 3X higher. You can walk around the higher cliffs. Here is a video: Canyoneering Supremacy Tour Dominican Republic - YouTube

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
dr is to far to hurt your self i dived off some rocks before because if i didnt jump my dominican friend was going to push me off i just said ok just let me do it safety is not the thing out there but i wont mind doing the water fall