6 Down in 24 h

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
No, the police just need to identify or target the former Police officers that have been fired from the force ... investigate and kill them if the are up to no good.

The police should also go through the list of the people deported from the US.... If they committed violent crimes in the US... persecute them and kill them... no questions asked....

But, that is just what I would do...

Calm Down!!! John Gotti

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Dog..spoken like a true christian....yes i know you have an opinion on just about any subject

If I were to only share a Christian view on life I would never have any relevant opinion on anything.
Christian opinion is so redundant they only gave it one day of the week, the day everything stops.
Sorry if my opinion annoys or upsets you, or even the fact I have an opinion on most things. But if all it is, is it's not Christian and I do have an opinion then I'm doing alright!
Dog.
:classic:

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Don't tell me you never heard of this living in southern Flordia? The police do this sort of thing in the USA also. I know MILLIONS of guys that the police robbed in the USA.

Once a bunch of my friends and I was in a car and the police stopped us. They search the car and found some medicine( you know the kind you smoke) if we did not want to go to jail and have the car impounded we had to give them all the money in our pockets. It was around maybe 300USD total.

BTW I know guys in southern Flordia get shaken down way more then in Illinios. Guess how many women are driving around in the USA that had to preform some sex act on a police officer because they did not want to get into to trouble.

I'm white dude.. sorry :)

Wow.. I didn't know it happened that much.. I do know that US police love to abuse their power for more of like a rush I guess, not to get your money or anything but they just act like they can do whatever they want to you and there's nothing you can do about it.

One thing I will NEVER understand about police anywhere in the world.. Why does one of the professions that requires the least education and training provide its employees with the MOST power of nearly any profession.. odd..

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
But is this a known issue, do cops continue in the face of it knowing their superiors and the general public know or even expect it?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I understand your drug fear thing but I think it's pretty unrealistic honestly, much more likely to get robbed or something by them since it doesn't benefit them directly to get you arrested and put in jail.. HOWEVER, I know for a fact that the DNCD does plant drugs on people they know are dealing drugs and have their own "puntos".. They would never catch these people with drugs in their house or on them so once they get tired of them/they stop paying the right people, the DNCD plants something on them and takes em down... This is where the rumor of the DNCD going around planting drugs on people comes from.

The DNCD agent arrests you and then plants the drugs ( sometimes the other way around), then he/she tells you that if you don't come up with some good cash, they will open a case against you and present you before a jugde who will lock you up. That's how they benefit from planting drugs!

But yeah, you're righ, they usually do this with people who are known to be in the drug business or have been involved in some other type of illegal activities in the past. That way it all looks more authentic and everyone else believes the person did it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I believe it used to be common place in certain North coast towns on longer term visitiors and regular returning weekenders. Never actually make it to the station, as you are driven past the cash machine.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I believe it used to be common place in certain North coast towns on longer term visitiors and regular returning weekenders. Never actually make it to the station, as you are driven past the cash machine.

Yea it was probably common because a lot of visitors come here to actually engage in that activity.... They were probably lucky to only have been taken to the cash machine, I've seen the same exact thing happen in Peru and Argentina.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It would be interesting to know what the charges and action that would be taken if a foreigner actually did make it to the station for possession of just a couple of grams of coke. I don't know nor have I ever heard of anyone being arrested on small possession charges, and actually making it to the station.
You get that used to the weekly hauls of Kilos here and there it is easy to forget there are people who must be arrested for small amounts, somewhere, some time and actually processed.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
It would be interesting to know what the charges and action that would be taken if a foreigner actually did make it to the station for possession of just a couple of grams of coke. I don't know nor have I ever heard of anyone being arrested on small possession charges, and actually making it to the station.
You get that used to the weekly hauls of Kilos here and there it is easy to forget there are people who must be arrested for small amounts, somewhere, some time and actually processed.

Apparently that was what the owner of the belgian bakery was caught with, and he was out within a month so it must not be too bad.

Dec 26, 2011
If I am stopped in my car and checked out, I want to be checked out and told to go on my way, I don't even want a smile. Not have my papers held until I offer a propina.

I refuse to stop. I smile and wave. I stopped for the last Dominican cop years ago, when I was younger and dumber. My BIL at the time told me never to stop. He was right.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I always stop coz I have the family in the car most of the time and I don't trust these pricks not to shoot at us.

The difference in stress changes, but the level always stays the same. Since I've been out of DR I have been living between Spain, Bulgaria and UK, there are no police stresses, very few criminal stresses, but for some reason the load on the shoulders in general seems to stay the same, it is a strange world/life. I need to work on that, I think I adapted a mode of mind from living in the DR so long that I can't shake it even when I'm not in the country.

Last edited:

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I refuse to stop. I smile and wave. I stopped for the last Dominican cop years ago, when I was younger and dumber. My BIL at the time told me never to stop. He was right.

You ever scared some crazy young cop could shoot at your car? I've never heard of it happening but everytime I drive by, smile and wave, I have a little fear inside of me that some idiot just might do something like that some day.

Dec 26, 2011
You ever scared some crazy young cop could shoot at your car? I've never heard of it happening but everytime I drive by, smile and wave, I have a little fear inside of me that some idiot just might do something like that some day.

Agreed. But it's in the eye contact, the non-threatening facial expression and the way in which you drive through. Speeding up, avoiding their gaze, or looking angry, perturbed or nervous are all bad moves. El que no tiene hecha no tiene sospecha.

Maybe I'm more afraid of how it would down if they tried to harass us. That could get bad.

Last edited:

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Sayonora I have heard of the drug plant on lots of tourist on the North Coast I remember they stopped me one night and i had a candy wrapper on the floor of my truck and they tried to say it was a crack cocaine wrapper I told them they where crazy it was a candy see its in my mouth ! It happens dude. Also yeah other police in other countries abuse thier power Im sure but not like here also when you need a Police they are there to help not to ask for money then maybe help you !! Like the tiime I needed a police report for ATM fraud in Cabarete years ago theyu asked me fr 10,000 pesos for a report I told them they where crazy walked out! If my house gets robbed Im not even calling the police I am going to talk to my local tiguere guy I know and find out where my stuff is and who did it !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Agreed. But it's in the eye contact, the non-threatening facial expression and the way in which you drive through. Speeding up, avoiding their gaze, or looking angry, perturbed or nervous are all bad moves. El que no tiene hecha no tiene sospecha.

Maybe I'm more afraid of how it would down if they tried to harass us. That could get bad.

The other day I was going throigh La Vega and they where in some remote location 2 guys pulling cars over I just sped up and he waited to long to flag me doiwn I was going to fast !!! Plus I was reading the law is they have to set up road blocks for suck things at the police station or in well populated areas ? Do not know if its true or not !

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Very scary to think you are actually a policeman in NY instead of DR :paranoid:

I don't need to defend Frank. He can do that himself. Neither would I ever claim to speak for him.

But I believe Frank is speaking from a vantage point very few of us can relate to.

A "mano dura" approach has it's problems, and I'm not a proponent of officers going around shooting every bad guy they encounter. But a police officer in a country where the rule of law means nothing and the court system is weak and corrupt has very little recourse in terms of actually battling crime.

This is what I believe Frank is alluding to.

It says something about our justice system in comparison to the DR that police officers in New York don't go around pulling their guns out and gratuitously shooting people who are in the midst of committing a crime.

Regardless of the inherent faults of our justice system, even the most brazen criminal knows that attacking a police officer in any way shape or form is a one-way ticket to either a very long jail sentence or the morgue. Does this exist in the DR? The morgue part yes, the jail time maybe not.

Then there are the ones who are out there terrorizing the communities in which they live who would never get into a confrontation with a Dominican cop who circumvent the criminal justice system in a way that makes chasing and capturing them an absolute joke.

Hence the "mano dura" approach as a short-term solution.

Rio de Janeiro is in the process of cleaning up their slums for the upcoming Summer Olympics and World Cup. Know how they're doing it? Not the way London did it, and their police officers don't even carry guns.

In Rio, community policing AND a mano dura approach is what's quelling the violence. The criminals know they will get crushed, and have been getting crushed for quite a while now. And the ones who refuse to get the message are being forced to stop, the hard way.

So maybe after the dust settles, community policing will take precedence over the mano dura. Only time will tell.

But the DR is nowhere near that right now, and its' citizens are crying out for protection.

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Gang in Uniform

... confrontation with a Dominican cop who circumvent the criminal justice system in a way that makes chasing and capturing them an absolute joke.
Hence the "mano dura" approach ....

I have no problem with "mano dura".
However, to me some of those "intercambios" could as well be "un ajuste de cuentas" between the gang in uniform and a rival gang... ;)

donP