A friend of ours needs some good thoughts

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
Bachata, fight that thing until you become victorious. Your faith in the great one will empower you. You're not alone. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You have the respect and admiration of many people who only know you through your posts on DR1 in addition to the friendship of so many who know you personally.

Godspeed.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
que te mejores pronto!

pa'lante siempre

wishing you a speedy recovery

Carlos

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have just learned that a very good friend of ours, "Bachata" here on DR1, and JJ to many of the people he served during his days as a trusted driver between Santiago and the North Coast, is in a battle with a very serious ailment. He has undergone radiation therapy and will now undergo some chemo-therapy.

So far, according to Paloma Linda (also known as Rocio), he is doing well, even better than expected.

He needs our good thoughts and if you are so inclined, some prayers would not hurt.

This great couple were planning a major move to Florida, but that is now on hold.

HB

Very nicely written post and as I am so inclined , he will be definitely in my prayers . Doubly so, because I have had the same treatment goodness knows how many times, and prayers are a great inspiration in my opinion. The greatest enemy I found was depression ,,so I hope Senor Bachata keeps very positive. .

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Very nicely written post and as I am so inclined , he will be definitely in my prayers . Doubly so, because I have had the same treatment goodness knows how many times, and prayers are a great inspiration in my opinion. The greatest enemy I found was depression ,,so I hope Senor Bachata keeps very positive. .

thanks for sharing this

I am sure he will find comfort in reading your words

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Had the great honor to meet JJ and Rocio and their youngest a few years ago here in NC. Thoughts and prayers for you and the familia JJ... Ben and Felicia

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and good wishes for my soon recovery, special thanks to Hillbilli who is my tutor in DR1 and the person whom started to recommend my taxi services from STI to the North shores of DR.

I am very satisfied to know on person many of DR1 members thanks to my ex-taxi business in the DR, some of you guys more than clients became to be good friends and part of my family.

Today I am going through one of the worse time of my life but God willing I will make it thru!

Two month ago I was completed with a six weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment, last week had more exams done the biopsy report say there are still some bad cells remaining in the area where the 19 centimeter rectal tumor was located reason for what I was referred for operation some time soon.

I have to call the surgeon next Monday in order to set up the date of the surgery, I am still strong going to work my eight hours Monday to Friday...

I am very scared about this surgery keep praying for me!

2015 Christmas eve picture, still looking good.

Thanks you all.

JJ

May 5, 2007
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and good wishes for my soon recovery, special thanks to Hillbilli who is my tutor in DR1 and the person whom started to recommend my taxi services from STI to the North shores of DR.

I am very satisfied to know on person many of DR1 members thanks to my ex-taxi business in the DR, some of you guys more than clients became to be good friends and part of my family.

Today I am going through one of the worse time of my life but God willing I will make it thru!

Two month ago I was completed with a six weeks of radiation and chemotherapy treatment, last week had more exams done the biopsy report say there are still some bad cells remaining in the area where the 19 centimeter rectal tumor was located reason for what I was referred for operation some time soon.

I have to call the surgeon next Monday in order to set up the date of the surgery, I am still strong going to work my eight hours Monday to Friday...

I am very scared about this surgery keep praying for me!

2015 Christmas eve picture, still looking good.

Thanks you all.

JJ

Hillbilly is certainly a good friend to have

You are looking well, keep up the good fight and follow Doctors orders

Best wishes