A friend of ours needs some good thoughts

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Bachata,
Thank you for taking the time to update us on DR1.
God bless you on your journey to good health.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
JJ, Delores and I especially like the pictures of Rocio and Crystal that proceeded your picture and the strange one that was following your picture.
Thank Rocio for keeping us informed and be assured that you are constantly in out prayers.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Had the great honor to meet JJ and Rocio and their youngest a few years ago here in NC. Thoughts and prayers for you and the familia JJ... Ben and Felicia

The honor was our Benjamin, my salutations to you and and your wife Felicia.

Thanks For the invitation we really had a great time with you and your family.

Thanks for the payers I need it!

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
JJ, Delores and I especially like the pictures of Rocio and Crystal that proceeded your picture and the strange one that was following your picture.
Thank Rocio for keeping us informed and be assured that you are constantly in out prayers.

Thanks for the payers, I think Rocio had recently communicated on email to Delores about what we have been going through during the last six months.

I was suppose to have a colon rectal removal surgery on November 18 but I decided to cancel, still not sure if I want to... The doctor is awaiting for my call today but still very confuse.

I have been trying others alternative treatment but doctor said i won't survive if I don't have surgery done.

Now I don't know what to do.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
The last exams results performed last week says....

CEA went down from 54 % to 2.8 % after radiation, Chemo and alternative medicine= supplements I have been taking...

Less than 5% means cancer free.

MRI performed last Wednesday couldn't find nothing wrong...

During a colonoscopy performed by the surgeon he found that the 19 cm tumor rectal treated with radiation is not longer there... It banish but the biopsy found there are still some cancer cells remaining.

Other than that I feel very well eating like an elephant, sleeping well, working normal, not pain at all, not more stool bleeding, feeling strong...

So in one word I feel well!

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

JJ

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

CEA went down from 54 % to 2.8 % after radiation, Chemo and alternative medicine= supplements I have been taking...

During a colonoscopy performed by the surgeon he found that the 19 cm tumor rectal treated with radiation is not longer there... It banish but the biopsy found there are still some cancer cells remaining.

Other than that I feel very well eating like an elephant, sleeping well, working normal, not pain at all, not more stool bleeding I feel am strong...

Thanks

JJ

JJ - I am so glad you are feeling better, you really need to get other doctor's opinions, not dr1 GOOGLE arm chair physicians sipping Brugal!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Tambo I already talked to more than one doctors, there was four of them involve in my treatment... All of them agreed the surgery is mandatory to fallow the protocol.

I would like to heard some other people that had have same or other type of cancer diagnose and see what they did.

I can find ton of info in Google search but not enough data posted by other cancer patients.

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Other than that I feel very well eating like an elephant, sleeping well, working normal, not pain at all, not more stool bleeding, feeling strong...

Thanks

JJ

i am thrilled to hear these developments. keep sending us good news, and have a Happy New Year.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
JJ.

I had a colonoscopy done at the age of 40 because, when I did my physical, they started doing other things not previously done. I questioned the colonoscopy and they said I should do at the age of 50 or if I had a family history. I told them I did not have a family history but questioned if my insurance would pay for it at age 40. They said yes so I had it done. Through the grace of God I am glad I decided to do.

They found many, many polyps. Big ones, small ones. They could not get rid of them via colonoscopies so they decided to do a colon resection and cut out 2 feet of my colon. All the lymph nodes came back clean BUT there was a tiny cancer forming in the mass of polyps. I was told that if I had waited and not have done the colonoscopy, the cancer would have spread all over. Then surgery would have been out of the question.

I had stage 1 cancer. No chemo or radiation.

I did a 5 year vigilance based on yearly colonoscopies, CAT scans, and PET scans. This was necessary as the cancer was very aggressive to them and, even though the lymph nodes were clean, they were afraid the cancer would spread via the stomach muscles. I also did a genetic test and it turned out I was one of a few that just grows polyps very fast. Apparently, I started getting them at a young age but did not know. My 2 sons will need to have a colonoscopy done at the age of 30. Ten years before the age I was diagnosed.

My doctor uses me as a poster child for all who refuse to do a colonoscopy. I guess some higher being was looking out for me or maybe I was just lucky.

No more vigilance and colonoscopies every 3 years now.

My recommendation to you is to be very careful of the surgery. I was told the cancer could spread once they open you up.

Good luck and take care of yourself. :)

Last edited:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
JJ.

y recommendation to you is to be very careful of the surgery. I was told the cancer could spread once they open you up.

My wife found some info about this online, other than having to live with a bag attached to my body this is my big concern about the surgery.

Doctor said the bag could be temporary but not guaranty until he complete the the surgical procedure.

JJ

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My wife found some info about this online, other than having to live with a bag attached to my body this is my big concern about the surgery.

Doctor said the bag could be temporary but not guaranty until he complete the the surgical procedure.

JJ

Everybody's cancer is specific to them. Only their doctors know the proper treatment. With all that said, I will tell you about my cousin's
colon cancer. He had the chemo and radiation treatment first to shrink
his tumor. Next he did have the colon surgery and a temporary bag. He too was petrified by not knowing what the outcome would be. For him it turned out to be a good decision to have the surgery. 2 months ago he was declared cancer free!
There is hope out there. Like you he kept a positive attitude and I believe that made a huge difference. The whole process for him was about 2 years from diagnosis to cure.
He is 1 of 2 people close to me (one of them is a Dominican living near Boston) who have been cured of colon cancer.
I pray for you and your doctors to have the wisdom and strength to cure your cancer also. Keep the faith. It is a very important part of the cure.
Dios te bendiga

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Dear Bachata .. I knew last december that I had a problem and I flew to London to have a colonoscopy and they found two tumours in my colon right near where I have my diverticulitis problem ..so after i was awake and told my condition , the medico said he could cut out what he could without causing problems and he could insert a radiation pellet to deal with that part of the tumour he could not cut . I agreed mainly because I am at an age where I am at closer to the end of my life than the beginning . So, here I am to tell you that everything went very well and my examination last august showed no cancer . I have absolutely no desire ever to have a colon resection and I think ,from what you write your condition is more local so you will not need one .
You really have little option but place yourself in the hands of an experienced onocologist .. but sounds as if radiation has worked well for you also

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Next Wednesday @ 12:30 pm will take effect my surgery at Red Hospital Raleigh NC, is going to be a Five hours procedure and a long recovery stay...
Pray God, cross your fingers or just wish me good luck..

Thanks

JJ

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Good luck JJ.

Godspeed. Prayers here and positive thoughts.

Stay positive.