A Kinder, Gentler Forum ... for Newbies

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Be polite.

If you don't get the answer you're looking for, don't argue.

If you were smitten on your first trip, forget about trying to solicit information on your new found love ... more than likely he/she is a sankie(tte), just read everything in the Sankie Forum.

Remember you're the new kid, so be prepared to take it like a man or woman. ;)

If you're a 135 IQ English speaking prat, you'll get it real good. :)

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How do I make a new post?

Do you mean new thread/subject?

You need to go into whatever forum you want your new subject in and at the top left you'll see the "new thread" icon

Moderator it's the newbie's fault that I went off topic ;)

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
If you ask "Where can I find Girls" in one thread, don't place your resume on the board in another thread. You've already lost all credibility.
I don't get this one. Does seeking gainful employment necessarily preclude an interest in the opposite sex? As it happens, I'm looking for a job myself, but I'd still like to know where I can find girls.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
....Does seeking gainful employment necessarily preclude an interest in the opposite sex?

I hope not. But, it is all in the eye of the beholder. If you're looking for a job, make sure your request for girls is one of meeting girls ... not ladies of the night... How would your prospective employer view your request?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Otra mas.....

Whatever you do:

Do not try to pull our legs trying to make us believe that you are posting for a friend of yours. We WILL find out that you, yourself, are the "friend".

AND (PLEASE read this VERY carefully):

Under any circumstances DO NOT, EVER, call Miguel an axxhole!.

You need to have more than 500 posts in order to say it to him and make him so happy, wahahahahahahaha!!.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For newbies, please learn to use the "search" function at the top of this page.

It is so cool. Just type in what you want and hit ENTER. You will get all of the threads dealing with that subject.

For example: Type in Damajagua Falls....

enjoy this new toy...

HB

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Please do not hijack a thread, especially when your question is irrelevant to the original topic. When we answer on a thread it is normally to a specific question asked and when one starts throwing in their own agenda, it could become confusing for the person who asked the original question, as well as for the rest of us!

This rule should be followed out of respect for the OP. (Original poster)

I know this has been said before, but I agree wholeheartedly - you do not need to quote the previous post each and everytime. Most of us are intelligent enough to figure who you are agreeing with, disagreeing with or what you are alluding to. Like Chiri said, we usually read all the posts so it is usually not rocket science to figure out what post you are referring to. ;) This goes for pictures too- we have seen it once, it does not need to be quoted and viewed numerous times in the thread!

Also - take personal discussions and/or arguments to a private message- we do not need to hear it.

Marlie

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
How do I make a new post?
LOVED it chauncey!!!!!! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

You have made SIX posts already, came on to make your new one without any problem (& by design) & ask how to do what you have just done (most successfully)!! VERY cheeky humour - & so few picked it up??? ~ Grahame.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
And now to all "experts" who posted here....why not get off your fat or flat a$$es and go out and enjoy the D.R. instead of wasting your time. The newbies are out enjoying this country while you all sit in front of a comp pretending to be important. Life is to short to get upset about grammar or spelling on a chat forum...sheeeesh.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Newbies should read the rules and adhere to them. It's obvious you didn't, so you'll get what's coming to you. :rambo:

And, why aren't you following your advice? ;)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Prime example! Maybe if you didn't resort to mudslinging and actually get to know some of us you would probably realize that a few of us are not even in the DR right now. Some of us are just winter residents, some of us are ex-pats that don't live there anymore, etc., so unfortunately, we cannot heed your advise!:tired:

But....thank you for giving us an example that we can quote now when explaining what you should not do after only 14 posts!!!!!!!! (I know, I know - it is not gramatically correct to start a sentence with "but"! LOL

Marlie

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think heliace has a point...........;) I have made a note never to attempt to answer any question he poses since I'll be too busy upending my slim posterior. Maybe we should all do the same and put him on the 'don't answer' list? :) :)

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
If you are a female newbie

Act girlie. Don't get angry when sexist remarks are made. Know your place.