A warning to all with cars or trucks

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Presuming you don't need to take your vehicle in to another city for inspection, that is.

J, for that Placa Sticker the vehicle doesn't get any inspection, you do not even need to bring/present the vehicle.
you just bring a copy of the vehicle's Papers/Matricula as described quiet often in prior posts here on the same topic, pay your 1200/2200.- pesos(depends on age of car) and away you go, placing your sticker on the windshield.

Happy New Year

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the inspection sticker is a different one, named Revista, you guys seem to confuse the 2 very different things.
the one which expired december 31st is the simple receipt/Sticker that you paid your Cars annual Tax, which does not require any inspection.
the Revista sticker is the one for inspection, you get it at the various inspection places, and yes, for that P.I.T.Azz procedure you need a lot of time and have to bring your car, lol

Mike

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
the inspection sticker is a different one, named Revista, you guys seem to confuse the 2 very different things.
the one which expired december 31st is the simple receipt/Sticker that you paid your Cars annual Tax, which does not require any inspection.
the Revista sticker is the one for inspection, you get it at the various inspection places, and yes, for that P.I.T.Azz procedure you need a lot of time and have to bring your car, lol

Mike

Or, you can get your on the street without an inspection.....there is a taxi guy in Cabarete that sells them for 400 pesos, (YES LEGIT). You need to bring a copy of your insurance and metricula and he will sell you one.

If you go to Puerto Plata by the stadium, they do a quazi inspection.....do your lights work, signals work, or something else and then you are good to go....not a real inspecion as we are used to anyway......

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's DR1 News:

Over 1600 vehicles have been impounded as of yesterday, for not having a marbete. Ouch.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
I came back from Santiago to Sosua to day, and saw the traffic police lining up cars to inspect their sticker all over Santiago, and in front of the police station here in Sosua as well.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
same here on the East now. they run their check points all day long and change locations for the checkpoints often. where ever they start the checkpoint, the parking lots nearby fill up quickly with impounded cars.

Mike

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
6-700,000 cars x 75$ adds up...and the govt needs money... to build new hospitals (oh i forgot that is being paid for by others) and how much is the fine??? and towing

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Not everyone who lives here is retired and does nothing day in and day out, some of us are extremely busy!!

( I am retired but way busier here than when I had 3 jobs and - 97 yr old
to take care of!)

I am not retired and work more than 70hrs a week, has nothing to do with time but everything with setting priorities.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
I came back from Santiago to Sosua to day, and saw the traffic police lining up cars to inspect their sticker all over Santiago, and in front of the police station here in Sosua as well.

How many more special stickers, tags, taxes, types of insurance and hoops are they going to invent -- all under the threat of impoundment.

I hope I don't need all this when I buy my up-armored golf cart.

The DR needs to stop emulating the US Empire way of doing things and get back to being the real DR before all the gringos pack up for Cuba.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Cars have just a total of 2 stickers, and to renew that Placa(it is the payment of your yearly Car-Tax for christs sake, nothing else) is so easy like nothing else. and you have every year a 3 months long lasting time window to do so, without any line-ups, without any hassles. what do you await from the government to do? to forfeit all that tax income and say "hey guys, we will find an other way to pave those roads you are driving on"??
pack and go to Cuba, what holds you back? there is also Mexico, there is also Vietnam, there is Syria, .... there are so many beautiful countries where Free People can decide to settle in and spend a life. choose the one which fits best for you and where you do not have to pay any taxes for anything.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
How many more special stickers, tags, taxes, types of insurance and hoops are they going to invent -- all under the threat of impoundment.

I hope I don't need all this when I buy my up-armored golf cart.

The DR needs to stop emulating the US Empire way of doing things and get back to being the real DR before all the gringos pack up for Cuba.

you know that a Golf Cart has no license plate and is that way not allowed on public roads?

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Probably because Dominicans understand the concept of impoundment. They would just laugh at a ticket and never pay it.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the marbete is the 45 pesos one. you pay 45 pesos on the bank and get your sticker at the Car inspection point or from a street seller.
and the actual sticker, which is the Placa, the 1200.- sticker.
nice actual example of lazyness from this morning.
my neighbours, spaniards, been for 2 weeks over christmas/New Years in spain on vacay.
i picked them up at the airport monday night. they took 2 days off tuesday wednesday, not leaving the property. today she went for the first time after vacay to their business(the drunken chicken restaurant in Bavaro/PC, and bang, on her way from the biz to Veron to do shopping for the kittchen they stopped her at the usual checkpoint at the police station on the Veron crossing, and she had to hand over the car keys. been left on ft to get the sticker. lucky for her was the location there, as a bank which sells the stickers is right there around the corner, across the street of the Shell Station. so she got her sticker there, paid a fine(dont know how much) and went back to the checkpoint. they still been there without the car mounted on the tow away truck, which is very busy all day long, so no cost for the tow truck. she got a ticket from AMET, too(again, i did not ask how much this fine was neither), put the sticker in the windshield and away she went to tell her story here, lol.
they are not kidding, they Keep your Car, as simple as that. so it does not matter if you like it or not, as fact you have to purchase the tax sticker and put it in the window of your car. to get the sticker is easy and hassle free, sold at many many different banks in the area, whats the problem lazy car owners have with that? if such is handled easier in Cuba or other countries, hey, Free people can live where ever they prefer the tax collecting customs of the government.

Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Revista is the Inspection sticker for 45 pesos. The Marbete is the license plate renewal.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
a Marbete is a Sticker. all stickers are a Marbete.
but yes, the license plate one is locally named the Placa and the inspection sticker is locally named the Marbete/Revista, agreed.

Mike

Last edited:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
the marbete is the 45 pesos one. you pay 45 pesos on the bank and get your sticker at the Car inspection point or from a street seller.
and the actual sticker, which is the Placa, the 1200.- sticker.
nice actual example of lazyness from this morning.
my neighbours, spaniards, been for 2 weeks over christmas/New Years in spain on vacay.
i picked them up at the airport monday night. they took 2 days off tuesday wednesday, not leaving the property. today she went for the first time after vacay to their business(the drunken chicken restaurant in Bavaro/PC, and bang, on her way from the biz to Veron to do shopping for the kittchen they stopped her at the usual checkpoint at the police station on the Veron crossing, and she had to hand over the car keys. been left on ft to get the sticker. lucky for her was the location there, as a bank which sells the stickers is right there around the corner, across the street of the Shell Station. so she got her sticker there, paid a fine(dont know how much) and went back to the checkpoint. they still been there without the car mounted on the tow away truck, which is very busy all day long, so no cost for the tow truck. she got a ticket from AMET, too(again, i did not ask how much this fine was neither), put the sticker in the windshield and away she went to tell her story here, lol.
they are not kidding, they Keep your Car, as simple as that. so it does not matter if you like it or not, as fact you have to purchase the tax sticker and put it in the window of your car. to get the sticker is easy and hassle free, sold at many many different banks in the area, whats the problem lazy car owners have with that? if such is handled easier in Cuba or other countries, hey, Free people can live where ever they prefer the tax collecting customs of the government.

Mike

That Restaurant has great Chicken.. Yum..