Accusations of racism against SD bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
I mean we are not talking about government owned places. I can open a club and put a sign on the door that girls with small boobs are not allowed, only D cup and more. If you are a girl with small boobs, just go and eat or dance in another place, what's the problem? Or if I open the club for sexy people and let my security at the entrance decide who is sexy and who is not.. you are not sexy? Go to the club next door, what's the problem? So what's the difference if the criteria is the skin color?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I mean we are not talking about government owned places. I can open a club and put a sign on the door that girls with small boobs are not allowed, only D cup and more. If you are a girl with small boobs, just go and eat or dance in another place, what's the problem? Or if I open the club for sexy people and let my security at the entrance decide who is sexy and who is not.. you are not sexy? Go to the club next door, what's the problem? So what's the difference if the criteria is the skin color?

Let me guess...you're "white". I do want to get invited to your non-small boobs club though.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
OFCOURSE that's racism? What else would you call it?
I'd call it personal preferences. I have white skin, I want to have sex with white girls only. Now you call me a racist, right? Because I don't want to have sex with black girls. So, what's the difference if I want to eat or have a beer surrounded by white people only?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012

Sir, when you open a business in DR (and anywhere else for that matter) you need to get government permission, and you have to specifiy what kind of business that is. When you get government permission you are agreeing to the law. The country laws prohibit discrimination by skin color.
It is not that you can go next door and problem solved. The person being denied access to a public place suffers public humiliation and segregation, which is not only banned by the law, but also by any healthy human soul.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Let me guess...you're "white". I do want to get invited to your non-small boobs club though.

Yes, I am white. And if somebody opens the club for Blacks Only right in front of my building and if they don't let me in because I am white, I will NOT call that racism, and I will not be bitching about that.

Dec 26, 2011
Yes, I am white. And if somebody opens the club for Blacks Only right in front of my building and if they don't let me in because I am white, I will NOT call that racism, and I will not be bitching about that.

Because you want "them"(negros) separate. Because you're a racist. You don't get to change the meanings of words to excuse your worldview.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
somebody has to play devil's advocate. I think dr is a free country. And i think that white people are free to open their private clubs, restaurants and bars for white people only. I also think that black people are free to open their private clubs, restaurants and bars for black people only, and that mulatos and morenos are free to open their private clubs, restaurants and bars for mulatos and morenos only. I even think that asians are free to open their private clubs, restaurants and bars for asians only. Where is racism here???

Another point is that if security of any club don't let a white man enter for any reason, nobody cares. But if they don't let the black man enter the place, blacks start to scream about racism. This is not racism. This is personal preferences of the owner of the place. And i think we don't need that polite sh#t from us here. Here in dr blacks are blacks, or negro. Negro means black in spanish. It's normal for locals to call somebody in the street like "hey, negrita". Nobody here is afro american. If they are black, they are black.

Moron

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
They don't let a white person in and they leave to another club.
They don't let a black person in and they say its racism...

There is no such thing as bad PR...

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Really no surprise, people in DR are in their majority coloured but SOME ( specially the elite) worship whiteness, what a shame !

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
wow talk about a confused racial identity.. guess he never lived in the States..

He says he's not negro he's an indiecito...LOL!

Julio-Mart%C3%ADnez-Pozo.jpg

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Somebody has to play devil's advocate. I think DR is a free country. And I think that white people are free to open their PRIVATE clubs, restaurants and bars for white people only. I also think that black people are free to open their PRIVATE clubs, restaurants and bars for black people only, and that mulatos and morenos are free to open their PRIVATE clubs, restaurants and bars for mulatos and morenos only. I even think that asians are free to open their PRIVATE clubs, restaurants and bars for asians only. Where is racism here???

Another point is that if security of any club don't let a white man enter for any reason, nobody cares. But if they don't let the black man enter the place, blacks start to scream about racism. This is NOT racism. This is personal preferences of the owner of the place. And I think we don't need that polite sh#t from US here. Here in DR blacks are blacks, or negro. Negro means black in Spanish. It's normal for locals to call somebody in the street like "hey, negrita". Nobody here is Afro American. If they are black, they are Black.

Well sir Apartheid is officially banished in the US, and South Africa since last century...May be we should have special places for whites, mulattoes, blacks in the DR ? Smh....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'd call it personal preferences. I have white skin, I want to have sex with white girls only. Now you call me a racist, right? Because I don't want to have sex with black girls. So, what's the difference if I want to eat or have a beer surrounded by white people only?

You can decide to do that in your own home. Once you do it in a business it is part of greater society and is not allowed.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
wow talk about a confused racial identity.. guess he never lived in the States..

The joke is that he regularly goes to Colorado on vacations for skiing, and his partners always get to tease him about being the "perfect target in the snow" (blanco perfecto), lolz.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Because you want "them"(negros) separate. Because you're a racist. You don't get to change the meanings of words to excuse your worldview.

I went in to a bar in San Jose California once and it was so black I had to count guys and divide by two. The bartender told us to drink our beer and leave because it was a black only bar and if we didn't leave he couldn't be responsible for our safety. We listened two him.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Well sir Apartheid is officially banished in the US, and South Africa since last century...May be we should have special places for whites, mulattoes, blacks in the DR ? Smh....
I never said that we SHOULD have special places for any race here in DR. But if somebody opens the place like this and they don't allow people of other races there, I don't see any problem with this. I see problems with corrupted police, with electricity, crime, etc... but I don't see any problem if, for example, Haitians open a "Haitians only" disco and don't allow other people there. And it's funny, but in fact, nobody will be bitching about "Haitians only" or "blacks only" place, but everybody is bitching about "white only" place.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I never said that we SHOULD have special places for any race here in DR. But if somebody opens the place like this and they don't allow people of other races there, I don't see any problem with this. I see problems with corrupted police, with electricity, crime, etc... but I don't see any problem if, for example, Haitians open a "Haitians only" disco and don't allow other people there. And it's funny, but in fact, nobody will be bitching about "Haitians only" or "blacks only" place, but everybody is bitching about "white only" place.

Not even close.....

Moron

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The country laws prohibit discrimination by skin color.
Somebody told me that if you are a girl and you want to work in Ban Reservas, the government owned bank, you MUST have your hair relaxed. They don't allow their female employees to have curly hair. I am not sure that it's 100% true, but in fact I have never seen any female employee with curly hair in any bank here. So black girls here are forced to have their hair to look like white people's hair in order to keep their job in a government owned bank. What about this, is that a discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.