Adding to the What to Bring list.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you guys are a bit strange. things i bring:
cosmetics (no decent face creams here)
food (oh yeah)
sweets (a must in every household)
contact lenses (i am virtually blind without 'em)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
o, you reminded me: underwear. i cannot buy my size here. not to mention low quality.

May 29, 2006
I have not found them to be twisted off. I bring a small opener because otherwise I have to watch a friend use his teeth, which is hard to watch.

Keychain bottle opener added to list..

That's the kind of crap they need to sell in the tourist shops. Something with Sosua printed on it for a couple bucks. Same goes for the beer cozies.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All my clothes and shoes
Toiletries
M&S undies (brand loyalty taken to the limit)
Hot lime pickle
Indian spices
Shreddies and Weetabix
Marmite

Aug 6, 2006
A small speaker for use with MP3 player or phone tunes, and one of those Lithium battery packs to recharge a phone with in case of apagones. Two sets of headphones and a splitter.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'd add postage stamps in case you need to mail something back via someone to mail in the states. Forever stamps work for me.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
The gift shops in Bavaro sell fridge magnets that are also bottle openers. The decoration will probably fall apart after the second or third use, which means the "handle" will probably be useless. I bought one at Super Lama that has held up for over 6 months at this point. Corkscrew and bottle opener FTW!

May 29, 2006
I almost included a decent pillow on the list, but it takes up a lot of space. When the pillows suck (as they often do), I use a towel for a neck roll.

The solar phone chargers remind me some kind of surge protector is a must if you bring down a laptop. Lost a PDA about ten years back when the charger was fried and it was discontinued. I use the internet cafes myself..

Oh another thing, a dollar store tap light. When you're in a hotel room, the switches aren't always easy to find or near the bed and they work when there is an outage. A night light or two is nice if you have extra space.

May 29, 2006
Actually, I'll be bringing down a whole bunch of carpenters pencils and golf pencils for the kids and maybe a case of Composition books. Only fifty cents each now for the books.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Peterinbrat,
And you always led us to believe you lived here !!

Olly and the Team