Adding to the What to Bring list.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Just received a box of Shreddies bought on Amazon as a treat for my son. It cost me the best part of US$20 incl. shipping and courier fee.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Are you moving permanently? Or is this just a vacation. :) Either way have fun!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
It always amazes me how some people are so prepared!!

LOL...
Why does that not surprise me?
I seem to have a vague memory of some video that had you and your better half packing in Van. for the big move to the D.R.
Like I said ......
lol.
But seriously though, I agree with you.
I'm the sort that has all the great ideas but when it comes right down to it......I find myself packing with hours to spare and usually in some form of "hungover" condition.
Packing at the last minute is a theme of one of my many recurring nightmares.
Holy high stress levels.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
drro, forgive ?XO?, he doesn't read posts like yours, or understand them, he just posts!!!!
Note to, ?XO? if you can read the post, the idea is to put US stamps on mail here, that someone traveling to the USA can post for you when they arrive THERE!
drro must have cheap friends!!!!!
Hand sanitizers available here.
I noticed nobody is bringing their wives, good choice, ?Rent A Wife? flourishes here!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
Lingerie is also on my list to bring as gifts. I understand that 90% of all Dominican woman have a bra size of 34B regardless of what their actual measurements are. Now if I can only find a Dominican with the same body type as Kylie Minogue:

[video=youtube;YHood00sNJU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHood00sNJU[/video]

But when it comes to shopping, I'll prob get Leg Avenue..

Aug 6, 2006
the idea is to put US stamps on mail here, that someone traveling to the USA can post for you when they arrive THERE!
==================================================================
That seems to be a rather strange custom to me. I have not found the mail in the DR to be all that incompetent. I would imagine that the best way to write someone in the US would be to e-mail them. Photos can be sent as well via e-mail. This would be faster than waiting for someone to deliver your mail for them.

Is it that I am supposed to read your mind, or what?

May 29, 2006
Are you moving permanently? Or is this just a vacation. :) Either way have fun!

Just vacations for the next couple years. I won't move done permanently until my father dies, which could be in a month or ten years. He's 84 and one of those old goats. I'm hoping I get him down for a visit. He loves to travel and got me interested in the DR more than 40 years ago.

May 29, 2006
Just received a box of Shreddies bought on Amazon as a treat for my son. It cost me the best part of US$20 incl. shipping and courier fee.

It's shocking what cereals can cost. Had a GF who wanted me to buy her son Frosted Flakes as a special treat. It was at least double the cost of the US price, where you can often get a small box for a buck or so.

Mountaintrout

Feb 9, 2013
Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear

I have been using these for years to line the inside of a backpack to form a portable cooler. I also have a large one that the entire backpack fits in for rain protection. Both together fold up to about the size of a candy bar. Great for traveling light. They also work as a portable sink, grocery and laundry bags.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Underarm crystal - never seen them in the DR. Works better than any deodorant than I've ever used.
Gold Bond powder and anti-itch cream
I agree on the underwear
socks - cheaper and better
Pepper - claro
Curry powder

Mountaintrout

Feb 9, 2013
Great idea/ Do they come in extra large for a Presidente Jumbo?

Funny, that was my first thought too. There are also wrap around magnetic that slap onto a can. My 2nd thought was I would love to buy BB one with "passions" on it complete with logo.....:)

Mountaintrout

Feb 9, 2013
Underarm crystal - never seen them in the DR. Works better than any deodorant than I've ever used.
Gold Bond powder and anti-itch cream
I agree on the underwear
socks - cheaper and better
Pepper - claro
Curry powder

Gold Bond powder

Never leave home without it!