Airfare deals

E

Ecoman1949

West jet is cheaper when you book early as seats sell price goes up never seen down...I paid two month in advance $560 round trip same flight two weeks before $1025 friend paid

I’m guessing that $560 is a bare bones price. Tack on luggage fees, seat selection fees, in flight meals, and the price increases significantly. Last fall West Jet changed their airports where I live. Prior to that I could get a return ticket for under $600 CDN.
Best I can do now is $750-800.

B

bigbird

I know this may not apply.. but Jet blue is having a Flash Sale today

.. not sure how long its going to Last ..
9/1/19 to STI & SDQ , from Boston and NYC (there may be others on that list)
$90 one way... Just scored one ticket ..

https://www.jetblue.com/deals/flash..._55kKxNEsAoUpPXdPfDcZXgsgkN6Bkg5WYz7yhgTyazkM

Yeah that is a bargain if JFK is easy to get to and you don't mind arriving at 2:30 AM.

United has six dates in September with a low price of $153 but you either arrive at 11:30 AM or 2:30 PM

If you have your own place to stay arriving in the middle of the night would be no problem. On the other hand for a tourist it would create a few problems.

September always seems to be the month for good deals to la rep dom.

Z

zoomzx11

Never understood why but every person who ever sat next to me paid less for their ticket.
I try and look for deals and sometimes think I got one but nope.
I have given up, pay the fares and stopped asking my seat mates what their ticket cost.

C

ctrob

Never understood why but every person who ever sat next to me paid less for their ticket.
I try and look for deals and sometimes think I got one but nope.
I have given up, pay the fares and stopped asking my seat mates what their ticket cost.

It's doubtful any two passengers on any plane paid the same price. The algorithms that set the seat pricing are constantly playing games with the numbers.

A

Africaida

It's doubtful any two passengers on any plane paid the same price. The algorithms that set the seat pricing are constantly playing games with the numbers.

Yes and no, they have fare buckets though. So a bunch of people pay the same fare, while others in another buckets paid the same.

Z

zoomzx11

Yes, try in all ways possibles, sometimes buying 2 tickets one way also is cheaper than book a return flight using same dates.

The fly in the ointment on the two tickets one way idea is that the airlines will charge you the baggage fees for each ticket.

Z

zoomzx11

I am screwed anyway. A few weeks ago while flying alone my wife got upgraded to first class.
Naturally she loved it. Ate and drank her way to the DR and met some interesting people.
Now she no longer wants anything to do with coach.
Always wondered why the airlines give the free upgrades.
Now I understand.
It is like the drug dealers handing out samples.
I tried telling her that sitting in the front means she dies sooner in a crash and the safest seats are in the rear of the plane.
She said "rather die happy, half drunk and with a full stomach".

B

bigbird

EWR - SDQ $261 RT

4j9n5v.jpg

1z1ejrq.jpg

This will be one of those Spirit Airlines type of no frills seat.

This is the first time I have seen United having three flights a day to SDQ.

W

william webster

Very small fee to up....to normal...$ 40-50

Bigger seats - plus category.... about $60 each way.... so add $200 and you have it
Back to normal

The old (new) bait & switch - airline style

3 flights a day...
they need that many to transport the dead bodies back !!!