All inclusive POP

hazrae

Cliff & Cove
Aug 27, 2009
The Deep South
www.cliffandcove.com
Lifestyles/Confresi is probably the cheapest all-inclusive you will find in Puerto Plata. I said cheapest, not best. We have stayed there several times at crazy inexpensive rates. But take it for what it is - there will not be amazing cuisine, good drinks, or up-to-date rooms. But it will be a nice pool, free food and drinks. Insider tip: go to Bravo and stock up on wine and bring your own to dinner.

You can get the best rate on Groupon for $80/night for 2 people - minimum 3 nights. Not a bad deal at all. Also, this deal is only good for people with US or Canadian citizenship.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Lifestyles/Confresi is probably the cheapest all-inclusive you will find in Puerto Plata. I said cheapest, not best. We have stayed there several times at crazy inexpensive rates. But take it for what it is - there will not be amazing cuisine, good drinks, or up-to-date rooms. But it will be a nice pool, free food and drinks. Insider tip: go to Bravo and stock up on wine and bring your own to dinner.

You can get the best rate on Groupon for $80/night for 2 people - minimum 3 nights. Not a bad deal at all. Also, this deal is only good for people with US or Canadian citizenship.

That Bravo 3 x 2 for wine always strikes me as a decent deal for everyday wine drinkers.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

That has to be the resort with the ugliest beach in the DR. You find nicer beaches in the Northeast of the USA taking into account that beaches isn’t the forte of that area. The best thing over there is Ocean World and that’s not even part of the resort. lol They need to do something with that beach, maybe change the sand for white ones.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Maybe this will give you an idea of what is available. Seems per this article many if not all the resorts are in need of updating.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
That Bravo 3 x 2 for wine always strikes me as a decent deal for everyday wine drinkers.
Mureda is our daily wine, red ánd white are decent wines, not the best in the world of course.
We buy them at Marinero.
We have bought this wine so many times in mayor quantities that we have our special price.

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

mcdonald1992

Sep 4, 2020
Kingston, Canada

mcdonald1992

Sep 4, 2020
Kingston, Canada
tks Hazrae, I just need to clarify one thing with the Groupon. 'Each booked room must present valid proof of US or Canadian citizenship at check-in;' The group is my wife(Canadian) sister(American) sister9Dominican) their mother (Dominican). According to their wording we should be good because there is one Can/Am passport for each room. But in the R.D. you never know.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Just be aware the resorts (I’m not sure if it’s one or more than one) isn’t next to a “wow” beach.

Also, not that it’s that big of a deal since I don’t think it happens a lot. The only time I’ve been there was with a group and one looked very much lije a typical white gringo except he was Dominican, always lived in the DR from a family that goes back to colonial times. He wasn’t even the son of a gringo, that is simply how he came out. lol Probably one or several of the ancestors looked similar to that. You can’t get more Dominican than that! One of the night several of the group was walking by the edge of the beach and at a certain point a security guard stop them and ask if they were suppose to be there. Keep in mind this group was composed by typical white Dominicans and what in the USA are considered “light skins” but everyone knows in the DR they are looked as white too, except none of them had the gringo look except one. Well, the guard stop all of them but never bothered the gringo looking one who continued wakking as if he didn’t know the group. Lol The guard didn’t do anything to suggest he was bothered that he didn’t stop. What if he wssn’t suppose to be there either? He was along with the group, but you wouldn’t know that unless you asked him or whomever knew him.

Moral of the story, not everyone is treated equally ar least some of the time.

hazrae

Cliff & Cove
Aug 27, 2009
The Deep South
www.cliffandcove.com
tks Hazrae, I just need to clarify one thing with the Groupon. 'Each booked room must present valid proof of US or Canadian citizenship at check-in;' The group is my wife(Canadian) sister(American) sister9Dominican) their mother (Dominican). According to their wording we should be good because there is one Can/Am passport for each room. But in the R.D. you never know.

Yes, it would be smart to check with the hotel directly. It's been years ago, but we have friends where the husband his Dominican, and the wife American, and they wanted to charge a surcharge for him. It would be best to get the right info before you arrive to avoid a very frustrating situation. Make sure to get the name of the person you speak to at the hotel.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Nope. It’s a problem. Mr AE and I went there awhile ago, he left DR in 1976 and is a USA citizen. They looked at his US passport (shows born in DR) and there was a big hullabaloo. He had to show his NJ driver’s license to prove he lives in USA. They were going to reject entire reservation

• Wow
Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Nope. It’s a problem. Mr AE and I went there awhile ago, he left DR in 1976 and is a USA citizen. They looked at his US passport (shows born in DR) and there was a big hullabaloo. He had to show his NJ driver’s license to prove he lives in USA. They were going to reject entire reservation
After all of that, thinking this place must be very special. Then you get in… On top of that you then see the super ugly beach… 🥺

They need to rename this place to the Deception Resort.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Isn't it also correct that you will be hounded to death to buy a timeshare package in that place? Hardly a relaxing vacation when someone is constantly trying to sell you something.
Surely it would be better to get a room in a non AI place and just buy nice food and drinks locally. And probably cheaper.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Isn't it also correct that you will be hounded to death to buy a timeshare package in that place? Hardly a relaxing vacation when someone is constantly trying to sell you something.
Surely it would be better to get a room in a non AI place and just buy nice food and drinks locally. And probably cheaper.

Yes it’s true. We’ve never returned because of it, but someone told us to give the assigned sales person 2-3,000 pesos first day and tell him to leave you alone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Yes it’s true. We’ve never returned because of it, but someone told us to give the assigned sales person 2-3,000 pesos first day and tell him to leave you alone. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Why not tell them in straight but kind Anglo-Saxon terms to not bother you anymore ínstead of tipping them. I know americans like tipping but this is too much.

Reactions: mcdonald1992

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
First thing is pull the plug on the room phone. No one will be calling to give you anything other than aggravation. Next you tell the guy to get lost in NO uncertain terms as you got swindled before like this. When he gets the picture he will move on to another sucker...............And if he has your cell just block him........