American Caught with 3 Hand Guns at AILA

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I can tell this guy hardly ever travel through Las Americas. 90% of the time they check me coming in and going out. I remember two American guys searching my luggage asking if I am bringing in 10K in cash. I don’t know who they were but they were trying to act like law enforcement.

did i understand your writing correctly?:
when You arrive at the Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, you get your stuff searched by 2 American Guys???

Mike

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
when You arrive at the Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, you get your stuff searched by 2 American Guys???

Mike

Yes, sorry I try to keep these posts short. When I arrived at SDQ I was pulled to the side and two American guys searched my luggage and had a lot of questions concerning me carrying over 10K in cash. Two of my friends arrived a day before I did and was also searched and questioned by the same two guys. They searched our bags and questioned us; it all took about 15 minutes. Never knew who they were. I just wanted to get on my way. They acted like US Federal law enforcement.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yes, sorry I try to keep these posts short. When I arrived at SDQ I was pulled to the side and two American guys searched my luggage and had a lot of questions concerning me carrying over 10K in cash. Two of my friends arrived a day before I did and was also searched and questioned by the same two guys. They searched our bags and questioned us; it all took about 15 minutes. Never knew who they were. I just wanted to get on my way. They acted like US Federal law enforcement.

..???
And u just let 2 guys check ure 10 grand in cash without even asking for ID ?? Lucky to have got to keep ure $$.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
they will probably let him go guns back no govt not going to keep him in jail for stupid....

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

this is the DR and no american law enforcement can do anything to you without local authorities present.
no uniforms? no ID's?
and youlet them search your stuff and show your cash??

Mike

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
this is the DR and no american law enforcement can do anything to you without local authorities present.
no uniforms? no ID's?
and youlet them search your stuff and show your cash??

Mike

America has more control in different countries around the world than one might think.
From operation Cobra Gold
on the streets of Thailand, to the airports of the Caribbean. The FBI/ DEA can and do pretty much whatever they
feel like doing when it comes to American citizens, NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY THEY ARE IN.
Welcome to the 21st century.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
but even when doing their BS totheir american citizens in a foreign country i would guess they present themselfs/tell who they are, show some kinda ID.
who would a stranger let search his luggage and show a stranger any sum of cash etc?

Mike

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If you are going to bring guns into another country illegally and you get caught you deserve to be thrown in jail. If for no other reason, so that people like myself who moved down here to get away from stupid Americans don't get stuck having to deal with them when they arrive.

Pansy

Banned
Apr 14, 2009
America has more control in different countries around the world than one might think.
From operation Cobra Gold
on the streets of Thailand, to the airports of the Caribbean. The FBI/ DEA can and do pretty much whatever they
feel like doing when it comes to American citizens, NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY THEY ARE IN.
Welcome to the 21st century.
Many years ago I attended an International Conference on Money Laundering. One of the American speakers said they consider they have jurisdiction wherever the dollar is used (or passes through) which is just about everywhere. All dollars belong to The USA and they will defend it as they wish. At the end he was discussing with an Australian guy how they could help his government with a problem.

In view of the amount of dollars flowing through the DR I guess they do just about whatever they want.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The alphabet soup agencies from the US are all represented here in force. The DEA & FBI operate with a degree of autonomy that surprises me as well as in joint DR operations. Your CIA/NSA spooks are less visible but can be seen if you shine a light into the right dark corner. The US Marshals have a fugitive contingent stationed here. The coast guard has dedicated docking berths. The US military is stationed here for "training purposes" as is their equipment can we say DRONES?

The US has direct access to immigration records and real time flight manifests as well as banking records (and thanks to FACTA so does the IRS stateside). I am sure these agencies have access to a lot more than we will ever know and operate with the same ease as if one was standing in downtown Happyland Oklahoma. Your obligation to comply with the requests of US authorities here when not accompanied by their DR counterparts is questionable. Refusing to comply would probably prompt the arrival of a DR uniform in short order and would certainly create a note o\in your file somewhere prompting even more scrutiny in the future. Thankfully, US authorities around the world still tend to focus on US citizens for their poop & scoop operations unless drugs, money laundering or that all to nebulous "terrorism suspicion" come into play.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The lesser evil?

Terrorism has helped "The Big Brother" enormously to stick his nose into almost anything.
And under the pretext of fighting terrorism many countries too willingly comply to hollow out citizen rights.

It's a dilemma.

donP

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv

Mike

90% of the time? I fly into las americas a LOT. As in 30 times per year more or less. 10% is more like it and only if I have really big suitcases or a box. 90% I am just waved through.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are two 'wars' that have opened up this opportunity for attention to detail on the "traveling dollar". The war on terror and the failed war on drugs.