American Caught with 3 Hand Guns at AILA

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Next time you go through customs refuse their request to have your baggage searched.

come on, Customs is official authority staff and can do what ever they want, i appreciate that They check the luggage of travelers. we've not been talking anything about customs, we've been talking about some foreigners without uniforms and without ID searching that guys.

Mike

Jan 9, 2004
he's out on a bail of 600k pesos: El Ministerio P?blico apela coerci?n a uno que introdujo armas al pa?s - DiarioLibre.com
note the guns he brought are not permitted for civilian use.

I think the article indicated 60k pesos bail.

Nonetheless, this should be a warning to those trying to use conventional and totally legal means to fly with guns, that its a two part equation involving the country of origin AND the country of destination.

Adding further, a cargo manifest is issued for each flight and distributed to the arriving country....indicating, among other things, any identified/declared weapons.

As a gun owner, clearly this guy should have known better.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, sorry, it said: 60,000.00. my eyes did not register. and i think that my brain did not accept the bail could be so low.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
just 60K pesos of bail, pocket money, and that fro trying to bring in 3 weapons which are considered "armas de Guerra", because they are of a caliber which is here in the country not permitted to civilians in the first place.
he got very lucky with the peanuts of a bail, let's see if we read at the end what they give him of punishment, i wish him a higher figures fine, but most likely they will stay soft on him, considering he is free for just 60.000.- pesos of bail.

MIke

Jan 9, 2004
yes, sorry, it said: 60,000.00. my eyes did not register. and i think that my brain did not accept the bail could be so low.

Bail is low because he likely declared the weapons...so there was no surreptitious action on his part to "smuggle" then into DR.

As stated previously, he should have checked/verified with the proper authorities in the DR before trying to bring them in.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
just 60K pesos of bail, pocket money, and that fro trying to bring in 3 weapons which are considered "armas de Guerra", because they are of a caliber which is here in the country not permitted to civilians in the first place.
he got very lucky with the peanuts of a bail, let's see if we read at the end what they give him of punishment, i wish him a higher figures fine, but most likely they will stay soft on him, considering he is free for just 60.000.- pesos of bail.

MIke

mike, what does fro mean?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Next time you go through customs refuse their request to have your baggage searched.

As I am walking through dr customs and an officer in uniform, behind a desk with a HUGE customs sign on the wall asks to search my luggage........all is well.
But if 2 guys that " look" like law inforcement ( what, they have suits ?? ), stop me in a hallway and ask to count my $$$........ I ll, at best, ask for ID, at worst ignore them.......

2 strange situation happened to me,

#1. Arriving in london, walked through customs, only had carry on bag, out into airport where some family was waiting for me. A small guy catches up with me ( a pakistaniin a white shirt and sleevless blue jumper ), had a badge thingy around his neck. In broken english, says he needs to check my passport again..... I ask him who he is. Customs, he answers. I told him I had just been through passport control. Could he please call over a police officer. He walked back into " passenger zone" mumbling......

#2. Departing glasgow airport, been through security and passport control, so was in "dutyfree zone". 2 guys in suits came up and asked me to follow them. I asked them for ID, they chuckled and produced. And only then I followed them........

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As I am walking through dr customs and an officer in uniform, behind a desk with a HUGE customs sign on the wall asks to search my luggage........all is well.
But if 2 guys that " look" like law inforcement ( what, they have suits ?? ), stop me in a hallway and ask to count my $$$........ I ll, at best, ask for ID, at worst ignore them.......

2 strange situation happened to me,

#1. Arriving in london, walked through customs, only had carry on bag, out into airport where some family was waiting for me. A small guy catches up with me ( a pakistaniin a white shirt and sleevless blue jumper ), had a badge thingy around his neck. In broken english, says he needs to check my passport again..... I ask him who he is. Customs, he answers. I told him I had just been through passport control. Could he please call over a police officer. He walked back into " passenger zone" mumbling......

#2. Departing glasgow airport, been through security and passport control, so was in "dutyfree zone". 2 guys in suits came up and asked me to follow them. I asked them for ID, they chuckled and produced. And only then I followed them........

that's the way it has to be.
once at Frankfurt airport, after passing Immigrations, on my way to Customs then, a Guy in civil clothing stopped me. he had right away his ID at hand when he stopped me, he was from the german Kriminalpolizei and asked 3 or 4 easy questions about my travel while reading thru my passport, took less than a minute, all fine.

Mike