And on Pedro Clisante

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Because we are not living in caves. If someone hits you, you call the police and they deal with it. You don't take a baseball bat and hit them back. That's how civilised societies work in any case.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I was raised differently, probably a generational thing 😊

IMG_2578.jpeg

Big

Apr 24, 2019
This guy is not a concierge at the Ritz. He is a bouncer at a hooker bar in a seedy hooker town. Oh yea, sure, I can see it now. "Pardon me Senor, could you kindly unhand me and exit the establishment."

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
This guy is not a concierge at the Ritz. He is a bouncer at a hooker bar in a seedy hooker town. Oh yea, sure, I can see it now. "Pardon me Senor, could you kindly unhand me and exit the establishment."
Exactly right. He did EXACTLY what was expected of him and what he is paid to do, regardless of who the obvious misbehaving patron is.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
Because we are not living in caves. If someone hits you, you call the police and they deal with it. You don't take a baseball bat and hit them back. That's how civilised societies work in any case.
Do you even really LIVE in the DR ?
Civilized Society ? lol

You think a Big DOMINICAN Guy who is Paid to Handle Himself is going to call the POLICE ? to handle his business ?
Are you joking . Please tell me you are joking . cuz thats actually pretty funny if you are .

David B

Aug 31, 2017
I can only say that three years ago, during the height of the quarantine when there weren't a lot of options, my girlfriend and I were frequenting King's for the diversion (watching the flights of hookers when the Popo arrived, for example. Actually, the food was pretty good, too.) and Juan was very gracious and even funny, and always treated my girlfriend with the utmost respect (the owner of King's is another story).

Reactions: cavok and jd426

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
The problem is that when you are old there is not longer a lot of anergy so you will have to sort it out quick 😁

JJ
Ah , somebody who gets it .
Us older guys are not looking to go 10 rounds with anyone, for any reason , and we got no one to impress.
We hold back as much as possible, and always walk away when possible .
But if we go in , it will be all in, and it will be Quick and with as much force as possible to completely disable the other person..
Like Mike Tyson used to say .. " everybody is a tough guy, until they get punched in the face, hard" or something like that .
It only takes one well placed shot.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You may be looking for a 'hybrid' type of life.... bit of campo with a few conveniences

Lots of'em

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I was raised differently, probably a generational thing 😊

View attachment 7771
I remember coming home from school one day walking with my sister and two of the well known junior high school thugs came up behind us.
The larger one decided to kick me in the back (unprovoked) - I turned around an he immediatley jumped me. But he had on a big coat which I reached around his back and pulled up over his head then gave him a UFC knee to the face, through the coat, and he stayed down.
Then I turned to his smaller partner and asked him if he wanted to join the party. He took off running (just like my sister had done when it started)

I was left alone by the school toughies after than as word that I took out the biggest bully spread around school.

Reactions: bachata

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had a friend in High School who always wore those hard pointed shoes that were in style at the time. Any sign of trouble he would always get in the first lick. A strong upward blow with his right foot to the nuts. He never lost a fight...............

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Do you even really LIVE in the DR ?
Civilized Society ? lol

You think a Big DOMINICAN Guy who is Paid to Handle Himself is going to call the POLICE ? to handle his business ?
Are you joking . Please tell me you are joking . cuz thats actually pretty funny if you are .
You have a point. Especially in such seedy town as Sosua.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I had a friend in High School who always wore those hard pointed shoes that were in style at the time. Any sign of trouble he would always get in the first lick. A strong upward blow with his right foot to the nuts. He never lost a fight...............
When I was a kid we used padlocks, especially when it came to the bullies and there was plenty
of them around where I grew up.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I fought every day when I was a kid, but we all grew up and spread all over the world, still keep in touch in FB, sadly one of our team leaders passed away last week.

JJ

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Ass-whooping or Ass-whoopin'. Also acceptable "a can of whoop-ass" 😂

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

Lol Urban dictionary. Some folks like to stretch it . Carry on!