Animal Slaughter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
When you leave the familiar surroundings of your own culture, it is ridiculous to be shocked, outraged, disgusted and all the other tabloid exaggerations when you are confronted by something which you consider to be outside of your 'Normal'.

If you are, then you should stay where you are comfortable.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Guys, I had never tasted anything as good as puerco asado before I came here in the campo.
So much that I breedeed pigs for a bit less than 2 years. Not many, one mother pig, she has piglets twice a year. I feed them and than sell them near xmas time ( cos prices go up) . And guess what, every so often I use a long pointed knife on one..... Does it make me a criminal???? Or are the criminals the ones that" humanly" kill animals after having them souped up with steroids and hormones, and than conditioned with preservatives and chemical colouring and flavour, so as to present an end product to the consumer so sterile that u could never guess what animal it came from.

I ve stopped having pigs in conuco because of the smell( and the hard work), but I still buy my meat "alive".

When my family was over from the uk, they comented on the aspect more colorful, and the better taste of chicken here in the dr. U should have seen their faces when I told them it was because they were home grown with love.

I encourage people to grow vegetebales, wheat and corn to feed their own pigs, chicken, ducks........ that is what food is about not all 4hat junk u find in supermarkets back in us and europe.......

Ok I m off to,prepeare sunday roast......... bon apetit!!!!!!!

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
I think you should watch the movie (Deliverance) a few times .
Specifically the scene with Ned Beatty.

This should desensitize you to the screaming of the pig.

Ask them if they are using the ribs , have a barbeque.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I'm a really, really picky eater.
So I guess you could put me in the "I'll take my ribs, bacon or pork roasts with the styrofoam skin, thank-you.".
What gets me every time are all those stubbly hairs that get left behind on the hide when the pig is prepared for roasting....eghhh. (referencing the downhome slaughter approach)
I've always preferred a clean shave especially when I'm eating. ;)

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
I'm a really, really picky eater.
So I guess you could put me in the "I'll take my ribs, bacon or pork roasts with the styrofoam skin, thank-you.".
What gets me every time are all those stubbly hairs that get left behind on the hide when the pig is prepared for roasting....eghhh. (referencing the downhome slaughter approach)
I've always preferred a clean shave especially when I'm eating. ;)

I can relate to that statement !!:classic: