Annoying Dominican Habits

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here's another annoying Dominican habbit I dislike.
Grown men turning kids into mother's and leaving them by themselves to deal with the pregnancy and child care afterwards. It's far more common than I think most people are aware of.
I agree that it is too common, but I have observed that many children are dropped off and picked up their fathers at the school and often they are the ones called if there is an issue with the child. I also know of a number of cases where the child lives with the father and not the mother. If a woman has four children from four different guys, is it the guy's fault for not sticking with her?

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
VERY VERY VERY VERY....VERY Sensitive. Have no problem telling you about yourself but as soon as you tell them about themselves. It's like you threw a grenade...complete meltdown, offended, hurt, victim and much more.
Also cannot handle any kind of sarcasm. Listening to some people from other Caribbean islands, they are super sarcastic and tease everyone. Tease a Dominican and they get pouty, give the silent treatment, and act like you murder their mother.

Reactions: Auryn

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Also cannot handle any kind of sarcasm. Listening to some people from other Caribbean islands, they are super sarcastic and tease everyone. Tease a Dominican and they get pouty, give the silent treatment, and act like you murder their mother.
Facts!!! Complete meltdown!!

Say you are spitting darts at them lol hmm thats the point!!!

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I think it’s not commonly used therefore poorly understood. I’ve noticed this but hadn’t thought about it before. You’re definitely right about the reaction.

Generally speaking the sense of humour is more obvious, in your face, even slapstick type.

Reactions: AlaPlaya