Another great eating place

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
been to a lot of pork roasts here and it seems like all I ever got was fat ? you can kind of read their minds ,here comes the stupid gringo give him fat .

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I am curious about Picanha Rodizio place in Santiago.
Do they really serve decent meats???
I mean DECENT!
I had been gone though a bad bad rodizio before and it really sucks when the restaurant's only edible meat is a chicken.

I am sick of cooking meat myself and seeing funny look on a boy at the meat counter every time because I am asking to cut my rib eye at least 3" thick. I want to have decent meal without having our house smell like a cooked meat for hours.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
talking of stupid, I was looking for distilled water in the ferreteria, and the shelf was empty. So I asked the guy did they have any more distilled water, and he walked over to the shelf, looked at it and turned to me and said................No.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Had dinner at Applebee's last night. It's not different from TGI, outback or Tony Roma's but much better priced.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Hard Rock Cafe, KFC (for the wife, like she doesnt eat enough pollo,) and Taco Bell for me. Aside from that its Dominican Restrunts. I like El Madera off the autopista for steaks.

May 5, 2007
Is Vesuvio's (sp) on Malecon in SD still operating? Ate there, maybe 10-12 years ago, wonderful service, great steak and impressive desert cart

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can't believe someone would list KFC under "great eating place" tag. what the hell.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Santiago Carnivore "finds":

Balvikiu - Corner of Calle Estado de Israel and Prof. Federico Izquierdo, across from the basketball court at Centro Leon Park. Dominican Parilla Restaurant...excellent babyback ribs for $200 pesos...more than decent Dominican Filet de res for under 300 pesos...Taxes Included!

Tried the babyback ribs there. They're really really good.

i can't believe someone would list KFC under "great eating place" tag. what the hell.

OR Taco Bell.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ate in taco bell in SD. what a load of crap. i ordered a salad in a taco. no salt. ok, i go and ask, can i have some salt? no. they do not have salt. in a whole f**king store. they said everything arrives per-packed, pre-cooked and pre-cut. all they do it warm that s**t up. or not. this ain't cookin', mama.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there still that all you can eat meat brazilian type place by the monument? It was like 700 pesos.

Tried the babyback ribs there. They're really really good.

OR Taco Bell.

ate in taco bell in SD. what a load of crap. i ordered a salad in a taco. no salt. ok, i go and ask, can i have some salt? no. they do not have salt. in a whole f**king store. they said everything arrives per-packed, pre-cooked and pre-cut. all they do it warm that s**t up. or not. this ain't cookin', mama.

That is the exact reason I like it so much! JAJAJAJAJA!! NO salt is STUPID! I hate when places don't have CONDOMents!!!

May 5, 2007

It's kind of like McD's, haven't you ever been traveling in a strange part of world and simply wanted something that you exactly how it would taste? KFC isn't half bad, their sugar filled Cole slaw is addictive, instant taters (the teaspoonful you get) and pressure cooked fall off the bone chicken is better than many

But I agree, it hardly rises to fine eating establishment

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Is there still that all you can eat meat brazilian type place by the monument? It was like 700 pesos.

Yes, it's still there, it's called Picanha. Haven't been there though. I still need some time to recover from the last time my husband and I went to a churrascaria in Rio. I've never eaten that much in my life.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, it's still there, it's called Picanha. Haven't been there though. I still need some time to recover from the last time my husband and I went to a churrascaria in Rio. I've never eaten that much in my life.

is that one of those restaurants with about two thousand types of meat, where they give you that little red and green stick? when you need more meat, you put the green side up, and when you have enough, you flip it over. am i correct?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Is Vesuvio's (sp) on Malecon in SD still operating? Ate there, maybe 10-12 years ago, wonderful service, great steak and impressive desert cart

Still there. Went there a few weeks ago. My opinion is although it is good to me not as good as it was years ago. Still good service.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Still there. Went there a few weeks ago. My opinion is although it is good to me not as good as it was years ago. Still good service.

I used to like vessuvio too, but last two time i went it was very ordinary. So much better place you can eat for + or - same price

Victoria's , Pat'e Palo, Ribenero, Mitre etc...

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
is that one of those restaurants with about two thousand types of meat, where they give you that little red and green stick? when you need more meat, you put the green side up, and when you have enough, you flip it over. am i correct?

Exactly. You get to eat like a pig. Usually you just keep the green one on the table to keep the meat coming. When you're stuffed you turn it (unless they bring more lamb)

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
yes thats it Picanha Rodizio Grill was pretty good. Any others like that in Santiago or north coast?