Another great eating place

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I used to like vessuvio too, but last two time i went it was very ordinary. So much better place you can eat for + or - same price

Victoria's , Pat'e Palo, Ribenero, Mitre etc...

I used to think Pat'e Palo to be the best place I have eaten in SD. I still think it's very good but Sofia is at least as good.

Feb 7, 2007
Exactly. You get to eat like a pig. Usually you just keep the green one on the table to keep the meat coming. When you're stuffed you turn it (unless they bring more lamb)

mmmm... this souns interesting...maybe worth a trip to Santiago

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I used to think Pat'e Palo to be the best place I have eaten in SD. I still think it's very good but Sofia is at least as good.

I went a few times to Sophias, seems overrated in my opinion. Its good, but not amazingly good.

Last two time i went there they rush the service, ordered wine apetizers and a plate at the same time(big mistake!) wine arrived, two mins later apetizers, i think i finished my apetizer and 2 min later our plate was there.

Pate palo is i think the best, but overprice and small portion. They have the best presentation and best food tho, in my opinion :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I went a few times to Sophias, seems overrated in my opinion. Its good, but not amazingly good.

Last two time i went there they rush the service, ordered wine apetizers and a plate at the same time(big mistake!) wine arrived, two mins later apetizers, i think i finished my apetizer and 2 min later our plate was there.

Pate palo is i think the best, but overprice and small portion. They have the best presentation and best food tho, in my opinion :)

One of the problems with many restaurants in DR is that they are not consistent. I have been more often to Pat'e Palo than to Sofia's and I must say that Pat'e Palo only disappointed me once. Sofia I think I have been three times of which the last time was the very best.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
One of the problems with many restaurants in DR is that they are not consistent. I have been more often to Pat'e Palo than to Sofia's and I must say that Pat'e Palo only disappointed me once. Sofia I think I have been three times of which the last time was the very best.

Totally agree with you on that!

Have you try ribereno? Its in piantini, mediteraeen food, very good and decent price. im sure you would like it.