Another rat problem (maldito rat)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Chip, is this the gigantic mouse trap? I have one, but am afraid of my fingers trying to load it... lol....

I think that trap will snap them right off...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The problem is, I am going to NY and if the rat gets killed while I am away, the ants will take over my bedroom. Yikexxxxx
AZB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The problem is, I am going to NY and if the rat gets killed while I am away, the ants will take over my bedroom. Yikexxxxx
AZB

If you had a nice dog and a good cat your problems would have been over long ago!!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Chip, is this the gigantic mouse trap? I have one, but am afraid of my fingers trying to load it... lol....

I think that trap will snap them right off...

My suegra gave us one of those to catch a pesky rat that we watched squeeze under our front door and run into the kitchen [never to be seen again] . First we tried the poison, and when that didn't work we tried the trap. It looked like an oversized tostonera, and I stayed far away from it belgiank - I think it could cripple a bear.

Mr.Ego baited it alternately with cheese, peanut butter, longaniza. The thing he liked the best was bananas - we'd find a big hole in one in our fruit bowl every day - GROSS - but hard to use as bait. Either we didn't tickle his tastebuds or he snuck back out under the front door because we never did see him again.

AE

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I think the rat ate the poison and went nuts with thirst. I am sure he ran outside to the nearest colmado to buy a fria.
Good thing about the rats poison which makes them dehydrated is that the rat doesn't die right there in between a hidden corner or under the bed, he runs away to find a water source and usually goes outside of the house if its raining. There he dies.
AZB

Reactions: mike l
May 5, 2007
He's back.............

Nah, he is just waiting until you least expect him, then....

Just think , while you are laying in bed tonight he is peering at you with those beady little eyes, gnashing those sharp little teeth, just waiting until you fall asleep, and then...............:cheeky:

I think the rat ate the poison and went nuts with thirst. I am sure he ran outside to the nearest colmado to buy a fria.
Good thing about the rats poison which makes them dehydrated is that the rat doesn't die right there in between a hidden corner or under the bed, he runs away to find a water source and usually goes outside of the house if its raining. There he dies.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
maldito rat the diablo. I was sick like a dog yesterday. I had a huge headache and vomited. Do you think this Hijo de Puta rat put the rat-poison in my food while I was away?
AZB

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Be careful.......

maldito rat the diablo. I was sick like a dog yesterday. I had a huge headache and vomited. Do you think this Hijo de Puta rat put the rat-poison in my food while I was away?
AZB

You are dealing with a non-barrio Rat, lol. No only did he try to poison you, but he sold some of the rat-poison to other rats...

For the first time in you life, you wish you were around some poor, lazy, barrio rat :cheeky::cheeky:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You are dealing with a non-barrio Rat, lol. No only did he try to poison you, but he sold some of the rat-poison to other rats...

For the first time in you life, you wish you were around some poor, lazy, barrio rat :cheeky::cheeky:

I guess you are right. I better make some friends with barrio rats for a change.
AZB

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I have seen the size of the rats in DR so I wouldn't want one in my house either LOL my first rat sighting was one afternoon while gazing off the back patio at the beautiful scenery, the mountains, the mango trees, the plantains, the neighbors pasture full of goats...the giant brown rodent running across the back yard...wait, giant brown rodent, what is that animal I ask ...thinking its a gopher or a possum only to find out its a rat. Yuck! (The spiders are big too in case nobody else noticed) ;)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
if it was that large I would say it was a mongoose, the rats here are actually fairly small and quite cute looking - they just need a better image promoter

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
AZB

I didn't know that my telepathy with rats was that good!!!!!!!! Hope you soon feel better though....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I didn't know that my telepathy with rats was that good!!!!!!!! Hope you soon feel better though....

Thanks whirley, I am feeling better now, thats because I am in santo domingo. I bet the bastards have taken over my home in santiago. Who knows what they are planning for me at this exact moment.
AZB