Another robbery at gun point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Nalowls",There You Go Again!!!!!!!!!!

The reason that we don't post "Crime Statistics" from "North America" and "Erope",is BECAUSE,this is NOT,"USA1",or "London1",or "Italy1"!!!!!!!!!!!It IS,"DR1!"
Dominicans never seem to be able to recognize their OWN problems!!!!!!!!Just saying that "Things are "worse" elsewhere!" ,will NEVER improve things HERE!
You are not alone!!!!!!!!! Dominican Suprem Court Justice Jorge S.Isa,said yesterday(DR1 Daily News Archives from Today!)that:"The Dominican Justice System(Is THAT an "Oxymorin??) is the best in Latin America." end quote.
He goes on to "challange" the USA and "others" to point out a Latin American Justice System that is "Better" that that of the DR.
"What an IDIOT"!!!
Please go read the entire article(Especially "Nalowls") and see what a few "Enlightened" Dominicans have to say about the "Judge"!
And if you want to read something optomistic,"see"what President Leonel Fernandez has to say about the sorry condition of the DR's "Education System"(Another "Oxymoron"?) At least your President(American Educated,that must be why!)sees problems as something that must first be recognized,ACKNOWLEDGED,and eliminated! If "Nalowls" were "President" :cry: ,he would just say that "Other Countries" have a "worse" system than here!!! :cross-eye

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
They're all on drugs! It's the only explanation.

Criss Colon said:
Dominican Suprem Court Justice Jorge S.Isa,said yesterday(DR1 Daily News Archives from Today!)that:"The Dominican Justice System(Is THAT an "Oxymorin??) is the best in Latin America." end quote.
He goes on to "challange" the USA and "others" to point out a Latin American Justice System that is "Better" that that of the DR.
"What an IDIOT"!!!
Please go read the entire article(Especially "Nalowls") and see what a few "Enlightened" Dominicans have to say about the "Judge"!

Like the politicians and their metro dreams, I want some of whatever he's smoking. I couldn't believe that this farcical, moronic statement was applauded by the editorial in yesterday's El Nacional. I have noticed that particular journalist often displays staggering ignorance, so maybe it should have come as no surprise.

Back to topic: there is no doubt that things have become more dangerous. I plan to go to the Mirador picnic this Sunday with no more than my car keys and ice-cream money.

thepiper

Jan 25, 2005
Hey Criss Colon, Dominicans recognize our problems. We just don?t like them pointed out by anyone else. That's why you see a response like this:

"I agree that crime is up compared to years ago and everyone living there will agree. We have to 'thank' Hipo for that, wrecking the DR economy and impoverishing his own people even more, giving a free hand to corruption and drug trafficking etc etc. But don't make it sound like the crime situation is worse than in Colombia or Brasil."

Made by what a guess is a Dominican. He complains about an ex-pat saying he was rob at gunpoint. But goes way beyond what was said by the ex-pat, that supposedly bothers him.

Basically what we Dominicans bitch about is not that you are posting crimes being committed, but that you are saying it and not us. I am truly sorry on behalf of all Dominicans.

I believe that no bad deed should go untold. It's like cons. If everybody hears about them, then more people would be able to protect themselves.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
The News has Played out.

I'm closing the Thread, because it is played out.

But on another note....

I encourage all of the posters with something left to say, to start a Thread in that direction.

Thanks
Tim H.
:smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.