Any good inexpensive hotels in Santo Domingo

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
That is one of my favorite blocks. I always pass to walk down that one with my dog. Beautiful trees, Amazing quite. And then up the next block which has some of the prettiest houses in Gazcue. The new park is indeed lovely. They did a good job with it, even though it took forever. But it is also a very lively people watching place at night. Over the weekends, particularly, in the afternoons and evenings, the park across the street, with the "little houses" is filled with families and kids flying kites. You can sit across the street and have a great Cubano and people watch.

Good set of old time photos of Santo Domingo (and Boca Chica) arranged by decade, starting from the 1890s to the 2000s;

Santo Domingo Retro Photos by MisterTimor | Photobucket

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
Photo Park Ramfis 1930s, today is Park Hostos.

119762f.jpg

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
for 20$ id like to try a pension....used to stay at a place for $8 night but that was not in the cap. and 15 yrs ago...no hot water tiny room and finally moved out because of the generator next door...it was like being in a tenament apt..

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
too bad, i have stayed in the capitol a few times and was always overwhelmed...the only good thing was i was refered to a friends house and there was never a problem they where always happy to have a guest..(paying) us cash everymorning or afternoon...didnt know where any hotels were... and was driving and always had a wild time getting back... it was similiar to a b+b in the 20$ range...short on service. but very enjoyable...

Dandman

May 17, 2004
I frequently stay at the Duque de Wellington. It is clean, safe and has good service. Not fancy but pleasant and the location is ideal. Ask at check in about a 10% discount for payment in cash.

j. jetson

Banned
Aug 27, 2014
too bad, i have stayed in the capitol a few times and was always overwhelmed...the only good thing was i was refered to a friends house and there was never a problem they where always happy to have a guest..(paying) us cash everymorning or afternoon...didnt know where any hotels were... and was driving and always had a wild time getting back... it was similiar to a b+b in the 20$ range...short on service. but very enjoyable...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1331565?s=sZGZ