any one have any good domincan recipes

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Linamia and others: On measuring

It is not just measuring. It is reading about how different ingredients function together. It is how to substitute one ingredient for another. It is how to learn about new foods.

I am considered by a few people to be the best Chinese cook in Santiago. The first few times, I go by the books, then, like you, I go by feel.

And remember, I said that to make the bandera, you don't need a book. A good momma will do. I mean, fry meat, sautee onions, boil rice, boil beans, slice cabbage and tomatos in not that hard...

As for being a chef, I would never, ever take that title unless I had studied at a place like C.I.A. or someplace similar, or conversely spent a few years with a Cordon Bleu chef out of Paris....

And, finally, I will stand by my declaration that there are not 84,000 well read and well trained cooks in the DR. While there are pleanty of good cooks, and believe me, at 286 lbs., I have seen my share of cooking-from MonteCristi to La Romana, from POP to Santo Domingo and Barahona, I have eaten fine meals prepared by good cooks-they didn't read, but they could cook...

HB