anyone noticed how boring its got in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When people come here and ask " where can I meet girls" or "where do I find a guest friendly hotel" we don't ask them to post what their intentions are ( well some people do) so why should this be any different for gays?
I have made no such insinuation. If someone says he wants to meet women/girls/chicas, one might assume that he is looking for more than a game of dominoes.
If he says, I want to meet girls and this has nothing to do with sex/love, either he is lying, or has some special project going on, like a cultural study, or whatever, which I'm sure he would be glad to explain.
The point I am making is that there have been several posters who have asked about gay friendly hotels, or where to meet other gays, and they just about always claim it's not for sex.
If it's not, why do they want to meet only people of a particular sexual orientation?
Am I the only one who sees this?
I've tried everything I can to explain the point, and the responses to what I have said, seem to have little or nothing to do with the point I am trying to make.
Gay is a sexual preference/orientation.
To deny that it has anything to do with sex is ludicrous.

When heterosexuals all meet do they all have sex together? I hope not.
No, but if you qualify your request to say, "I want to meet heterosexual people" then there is a definite insinuation about sex.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And as a mod my point is, answer the question asked and if we don't know the answer let's stay out of those threads.

Very simple

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
Rocky, I agree with your last post.

Furthermore, I really have nothing against the gays- I just would rather not hear about their lifestyle, be it gay marriage (which technically cannot exist between two men) or any else which most feel is an immoral way of life.

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
there is no difference

This is well said- I think it is mask more or less for gay hook ups, and continued solicitations about "gay friendly" resorts/bars/people/ etc...........

What is the difference between someone asking for a gay-friendly hotel and someone asking for a guest - friendly hotel?. If it is okay to ask for guest-friendly, why should it be wrong to ask about gay-friendly?. Do you feel more comfortable with hookers?

I would assume that gay people feel more comfortable when they are in the misdt of people that share the same lifestyle. What is wrong in someone asking where he/she could meet people of the same lifestyle (if it is not illegal)?

If someone is discreet and mature with their request, why should anyone read more to it than the specific questions asked?. If a question is not directed to one specific person, why would anyone worry that he/she was being bull-****ted?

This person clearly has an agenda.

There is nothing wrong in having an agenda if you are not doing something illegal. The decision to share or not share your agenda is your perogative. You owe it to no one. There are people who come here and start making personal attacks on others and making it look like they are trying to save the world while only just going on with a personal vendetta. That is the real bull****....in my opinion.

Sholly

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow....so you realize how some of you have TOTALY proven my point?!?!

My agenda in the DR is to mainly hang out with a friend of mine and his family. He works...so i like to meet other travelers as well.

I dont like to hang out with a bunch of fat drunk chica chasers talking about this one or that one "rack" or whatnot.

i HAVE met and hung out with a couple of married couples, a couple of straight guys and some solo female travelers.

I am NOT going to be asking about museums in boca chica lol! i am there for the beach! (i have asked for some good snorkeling spots near by...and never got a reply),

As we can clearly see...there are a lot of misconceptions about people. WHen i travel i want to feel comfortable with who i am with. I am not out there hitting on every guy....but sure...ocassionaly i like to flirt (i am a gemini).

Again...i was not the one who hijacked this thread with any "agenda". I simply made a comment (yes..there was a thread here recently that got closed very quickly)...and others quickly made a big deal about it.

IF someone posts that they are gay or lesbian traveler looking for some friendly travlers...and even says they are not looking for sex...then why does that bother you? if it DOES bother you...dont read the thread!

Anyhoo...i am dropping this subject. The point has been made.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks Sholly24.

Gay folks are welcome to ask their questions. Straight folks are welcome to ask their questions.

NO MORE comments whether you like a gay lifestyle or not. Nobody is interested!

If you cannot answer the question, like AnnaC said, stay out of the thread.

Any more of this and I will close this thread. Talk about boredom!

Status
Not open for further replies.