ARAJET

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The "no jet experience is obligatory" definitely does not instill confidence. Actually, I find it quite odd.

Reactions: AlterEgo

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The "no jet experience is obligatory" definitely does not instill confidence. Actually, I find it quite odd.
They are going to receive further training from the pilots currently employed by ARAJET. Right now there is one Dominican, the rest are mostly Latin Americans. The idea is to fase the foreign pilots with Dominicans once the latter gain enough training.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Additional positions at ARAJET. Go to the web address at the bottom of each flyer or use the QR code.

C6905CEF-86B1-498B-A4D9-98B6A08C39F0.jpeg

CAPTAIN
- 5,000 hours of flight
- 1,500 hours as pilot in command (aircraft of at least 45 tons)
- Prefers pilot in command of B-737 NG or Max
- OACI ATPL | FAA | EASA
- Valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- English OACI Level 4
- Maximum of 62 years old
- Dominican nationality

-------------

27E676D4-B776-42BC-89D2-E7E6759CA066.jpeg

FIRST OFFICIAL
- 1,000 hours of flight.
- Jet experience desired
- OACI CPL | FAA | EASA
- English OACI Level 4
- Maximum of 50 years old
- Dominican nationality

Jan 9, 2004
Additional positions at ARAJET. Go to the web address at the bottom of each flyer or use the QR code.

View attachment 6456
CAPTAIN
- 5,000 hours of flight
- 1,500 hours as pilot in command (aircraft of at least 45 tons)
- Prefers pilot in command of B-737 NG or Max
- OACI ATPL | FAA | EASA
- English OACI Level 4
- Maximum of 62 years old
- Dominican nationality

-------------

View attachment 6457
FIRST OFFICIAL
- 1,000 hours of flight.
- Jet experience desired
- OACI CPL | FAA | EASA
- English OACI Level 4
- Maximum of 50 years old
- Dominican nationality
Now this post makes more sense as to their requirements as a pilot.

Notice the huge differentiation between Captain and First Officer.

Additionally the bracketed (121) listed in each requirements is the FAA 121 regs............which are substantial to qualify for the various positions that also include the flight attendants.

In order to service the ambitious schedule they are posting, they will certainly need to poach Dominican pilots from other airlines. Otherwise they will spend lots of time and years trying to get a majority Dominican pilots.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Now this post makes more sense as to their requirements as a pilot.

Notice the huge differentiation between Captain and First Officer.

Additionally the bracketed (121) listed in each requirements is the FAA 121 regs............which are substantial to qualify for the various positions that also include the flight attendants.

In order to service the ambitious schedule they are posting, they will certainly need to poach Dominican pilots from other airlines. Otherwise they will spend lots of time and years trying to get a majority Dominican pilots.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
If Dominicans pilots do not quilify or the group of attendant to the request do not reach the amount of pilots they need IDAC will issue a permit to hire foreing pilots, actually they have pilots from aboard working.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Has the agreement been officially signed yet?

Would be interesting to know what the 17 cities are.
Not yet. The reaching an agreement is extraofficial, so expect the president to mention it and/or sign it some time next week.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just came back from Guatemala, no complains for being an Ultra Low Cost Airline, planning now next trip with them to catch cheapest price, thinking in a destination that I can fly friday and comeback sunday so no need to buy carry on.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It has been said in an unofficial way that within the plans of ARAJET is the construction of a new terminal at Las Américas International Airport. This will be entirely financed by ARAJET.

I think this will be the third passenger terminal built in the history of this airport.

1. The original terminal built by Trujillo that gave beginnings to this airport in 1959, at that time named Trujillo Airport (hopefully no one is surprised by the name.) After 1961 with the end of the Trujillo dictatorship it change its name to Cabo Caucedo International Airport and then to Las Américas with the PRD government under Hipólito as president (2000-2004) adding "Dr José Francisco Peña Gómez" to the official name, making this the longest official name of any Dominican airport (Las Américas Dr José Francisco Peña Gómez International Airport.)

2. The new larger terminal built by Balaguer in the 1970's. (Basically everything north of the control tower area.) This one replaced the Trujillo terminal for passengers, now the cargo terminal.

3. An identical looking third terminal built by Balaguer in 1992 (this one includes the distinctive satellite since it's the only Dominican airport with one and made the control tower appear in the middle as seen today.)

4. The new terminal that will be built by ARAJET will be the first built at this airport by the private sector and not the Dominican government. It hasn't been revealed where on the airport's property (basically everything on the western side of the Caucedo peninsula) exactly will the new terminal be built or its architectural design, if it will be connected with the current ones via busses or monorail or both, whether this terminal will be for the exclusive use of ARAJET or of all Dominican airlines or some Dominican and some foreign airlines, how many gates it will add, when will the new terminal be built, etc. It also isn't known if a new taller control tower will be built or if the current one will be used. I think the entire airport property can be seen from the current one. If a new one is built, that would make this the only Dominican airport where a third control tower is built.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’m looking forward to their NY NJ PA routes 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 We really need some competition, looking for January flights and the prices are ridiculous.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I’m looking forward to their NY NJ PA routes 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 We really need some competition, looking for January flights and the prices are ridiculous.
I scanned through the articles quickly, but did not see anything in reference to NY/NJ/PA. Can you point me to that, or was it just wishful thinking when you wrote that?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I scanned through the articles quickly, but did not see anything in reference to NY/NJ/PA. Can you point me to that, or was it just wishful thinking when you wrote that?

There will be 17 USA routes, cities not revealed yet, but you know NY has to be at least one of them. Probably Boston too. Philly is very needy, no direct flights.

Reactions: reilleyp

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
There will be 17 USA routes, cities not revealed yet, but you know NY has to be at least one of them. Probably Boston too. Philly is very needy, no direct flights.
Philly would be great, but I spent more time waiting for a gate than time spent in the air. It is as if they never expect any planes to arrive on any given day.

Reactions: AlterEgo