ARAJET

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Philly would be great, but I spent more time waiting for a gate than time spent in the air. It is as if they never expect any planes to arrive on any given day.

Agreed. But Philly is our closest major airport, so I’m hoping! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Reactions: reilleyp

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Agreed. But Philly is our closest major airport, so I’m hoping! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Have you guys ever used BWI? I liked that airport as opposed to going into the bowels of DC. I remember in the early 2000s some Philly sportswriters traveling on SWA with us to see the Eagles play the Rams in St. Louis. They said it was cheaper.

Jan 9, 2004
There will be 17 USA routes, cities not revealed yet, but you know NY has to be at least one of them. Probably Boston too. Philly is very needy, no direct flights.
17 USA routes on top of the other international routes they are showing? Quite the ambitious schedule.

Good trick with only 5 current aircraft. Without a doubling of their fleet size, there will be nothing but delays and cancellations in their future..........and an angry customer base.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Have you guys ever used BWI? I liked that airport as opposed to going into the bowels of DC. I remember in the early 2000s some Philly sportswriters traveling on SWA with us to see the Eagles play the Rams in St. Louis. They said it was cheaper.
I like BWI but I do not see any direct flights to SDQ and the low cost one is Spirit which I hear too many bad things about. If it was just me, I would not mind a connecting flight, but with a kid and lots of luggage, stopping once or twice is not that much fun.
The drive into JFK is long, but they have many flights per day that are direct, so if there is bad weather or some other problem, most likely I can find another flight in a few hours.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Not yet, but we’ve considered it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I like BWI but I do not see any direct flights to SDQ and the low cost one is Spirit which I hear too many bad things about. If it was just me, I would not mind a connecting flight, but with a kid and lots of luggage, stopping once or twice is not that much fun.
The drive into JFK is long, but they have many flights per day that are direct, so if there is bad weather or some other problem, most likely I can find another flight in a few hours.

I live not far from Atlantic City International, a Spirit stronghold. I’ve flown them multiple times to Florida and Chicago, never an issue. If they had direct flights I’d use them to DR, but I hate connecting.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I live not far from Atlantic City International, a Spirit stronghold. I’ve flown them multiple times to Florida and Chicago, never an issue. If they had direct flights I’d use them to DR, but I hate connecting.

I don't like connecting either, but when I have to I try to space them out at least 2 hours. I hate missing the connection and standing in line with 100 others to see how they can get us out of the airport. I think I've only missed 2 in over 40 years of flying. It does make for a long day though.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I scanned through the articles quickly, but did not see anything in reference to NY/NJ/PA. Can you point me to that, or was it just wishful thinking when you wrote that?
USA routes are starting next year.

Reactions: Neargale

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Now Arajet flies from Santo Domingo to Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena, and Cali, Colombia.

Arajet doesn't fly between any Colombian destinations. All four are direct non-stop flights from Santo Domingo.

Wingo is no longer the cheap option to go to Colombia from the DR.

D68D62CC-9A7D-47A5-9C50-8142C2AEC358.jpeg

1A10608F-C8DA-4853-9066-CA61F1AAC1E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Riva_31

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Now Copa keeps sending me by email offers under 350.00 dollars to travel all destinations where Arajet is present, they also put Wingo to fly between BLB Pnama to Santo Domingo. In the last report I saw the Ocupation for Copa dropped to 75% from SDQ. Lets see what happend when Arajet start to connect flights and open USA new routes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Arajet will do a number on Copa routes that they fly direct to. Unless you are going from the DR to Panama you cannot fly direct from here............

Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If you thought ARAJET is a low cost airline, well this is low cost on steroids. Until New Years Eve flights from Mexico, Colombia, and Ecuador to Santo Domingo are selling for less than US$10 with taxes included.

7ECE8DAF-18C5-4103-AC25-2990C8185C1E.jpeg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
From today a review in English. Review covers two routes: Mexico City - Santo Domingo and Santo Domingo - Mexico City.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
From today a review in English. Review covers two routes: Mexico City - Santo Domingo and Santo Domingo - Mexico City.

The only comment that they could make on the flight was that the credit card system wasn't working so you couldn't pay for drinks and snacks unless you had cash. No tengo sistema mi amor, how very Dominican.

They mentioned that load factors were 30%. No doubt that's why they are offering those $9 fares from MEX to SDQ but they will need to have very deep pockets to continue at those types of load factors.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's temporary. The goal of the company is to become a connecting airline for the region using SDQ as a hub, similar to what Copa Airlines does using Panama.