ARAJET

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Al of you are missing the point. No would be future passenger will perform a google search to find out about the orign of "Arajet" ! My point was;
The avarage US Tourist that looks for a Flight to the DR that can choose between BLUJET, DELTA, AA etc and "ARAJET" honestly.....what do you think they will select ?
Honestly, I really don't see that being a factor.

Reactions: aarhus

zeferus

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
February 2, 2023

A few minutes ago was the signing by President Luis Abinader of the Open Skies Agreement between the Dominican Republic and Canada. Should be noted the presence in the audience of founder and president of Arajet, Mr Victor Pacheco (behind Frank Rainieri, seen during the national anthem was playing). This took place at the Green Room in the National Palace, Santo Domingo.

Starts at 21:08.

PS. Arajet could be flying direct from Santo Domingo to Toronto and Montreal before to NYC or Miami.
It would be interesting what is different between this agreement and the one already signed in 2008
https://otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/transport-agreement/dominican-republic

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Yet this statement says if you are an customer from Viva, Air and you can fly on Arajet to Colombia for $19! That's so cheap.

"In a statement, Arajet regretted the cease of operations of Viva Air, an airline that operated daily flights between Medellín International Airport (MDE) and Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ). To help the stranded passengers, the airline offered a special US$19 fare (plus taxes) on flights from Santo Domingo Las Américas International –less than two hours away from Punta Cana– to Medellín. This fare is available for purchase until March 10 and available on trips until March 31 and applies only to passengers with a previously booked flight with Colombia’s Viva Air."

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Moments ago, Arajet filed permission to fly to US. The next cities as follows: Miami, New York, San Juan and Boston. If approved, will start flying in the Fall of 2023.

Jan 9, 2004
Moments ago, Arajet filed permission to fly to US. The next cities as follows: Miami, New York, San Juan and Boston. If approved, will start flying in the Fall of 2023.

More competition may lead to more competitive pricing from/to these cities…..if they can get gate slots…. and that is not the easiest thing to do.

Note that Boston is not included in their request.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I don't know why they don't offer their flights for free if purchased until March 19, 2023 (flights have to be within March 27 and October 28 except March 31 - April 9 and July 1 - August 15.) Starting in Santo Domingo.

70ABEC80-C89A-4CCE-9C70-12E860A195A1.jpeg

Last edited:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I don't know why they don't offer their flights for free if purchased until March 19, 2023 (flights have to be within March 27 and October 28 except March 31 - April 9 and July 1 - August 15.) Starting in Santo Domingo.

View attachment 7357
Do they fly to all those Colombian cities?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Toronto, Canada - Santo Domingo is now popping up in the Arajet website. Arajet is not flying there yet, but…

This will probably be the cheapest flight from SDQ to Toronto.

Reactions: zeferus

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Any new flights coming to pop?? But nice to see AA have some competition to Florida. Prices are getting crazy ...

singletravel

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
Tragically both Boeing 737 MAX’s went down with passengers, no survivors. Pilots could not pull out of dive. Boeing was in denial, but eventually grounded all 737 MAX’s. It was Boeing’s new passenger airline. Not long ago.
third world pilots, if they had the proper training, chances are it wouldn't have happened.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
where are the pilots coming from?, there's a pilot shortage now, so they aren't getting Brits or other European pilots, and certainly not American pilots, unless they pay competitive wages; I'm not flying with third world pilots

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
there's a pilot shortage now, so they aren't getting Brits or other European pilots, and certainly not American pilots, unless they pay competitive wages; I'm not flying with third world pilots
There is a reason for the shortage which I forgot what it is maybe because the pilots that deceased or are sick changed the cabin climate too often.
BTW: "Late last year, after the vaccine rollout, the Federal Aviation Administration quietly changed the EKG parameters for pilots in a move that’s raising concern about flight safety."

Alexander