Are you cold? You ought to be!

Aug 21, 2007
I am still considering spending about 30 minutes sitting in my car in the driveway with the engine and heater on.....but I am led to believe we will have some sun tomorrow on the north coast. So, maybe instead I will just try to tough it out for one more night.....

Lindsey

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am still considering spending about 30 minutes sitting in my car in the driveway with the engine and heater on.....but I am led to believe we will have some sun tomorrow on the north coast. So, maybe instead I will just try to tough it out for one more night.....

Lindsey

Love your idea but am just glad we have a nice, jacuzzi bath - oops, can only use it when we have power though as runs on 220v!

Also hope we get some sun and warmth back tomorrow...

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

carib

Jul 16, 2002
ice

There is ice in my pool in Punta Cana (well almost)
In 10 years in DR I never saw this Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Carib

PS is this global warming??????

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Hey, Hartley!!! Nice bit of photo shoping!!! But good humor.

I just got back from downtown Santiago, and it was almost totally deserted> 30 de Marzo, deserted; Las Carreras, almost deserted; Sabana Larga, maybe 15 cars; and 27 Febrero, like Easter Week....IT WAS WONDERFUL...

HB bundled up and watching NASCAR...

HB

Did you see me there? I was the dude on the corner of Independencia and Sabana Larga in the grey long john shirt who was talking to himself joyously, jumping up and down kicking my heels that it was so "cold".

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The Pot Roast in my slow cooker is keeping my groovy bachelor pad all warm and cozy.

Now I can clean my fan !

Reactions: Tamborista

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The cold weather is all my fault !

Murphy's Law:

After I buy stock the value goes down.
After I sell stock the value goes up.
Two weeks ago I got the air conditional fixed in my car!

Here's a picture taken of my testing the car air conditional in Santiago last week.
2urxzr9.jpg

Reactions: Tamborista

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
lol....
After I wash my car it always rain.:cool:
On Sunday morning I turned on my car's heat for 5 minutes I could not believe it my eyes, but I was cold.....( In Santiago, DR)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Typically when I go back to the States I get a cold on returning home from either the ac systems or because it's winter and it dries up my sinuses/throat at night. I can't believe it but the same thing is happening here. Whatever happened to global warming?????

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I'm going to activate my long dormant business plan of the first snow blower distributorship in the Caribbean.

I'm going to be so rich I"ll have one of those houses where you need a butler with a PhD to explain what each room is for.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Snowblower

I'm going to activate my long dormant business plan of the first snow blower distributorship in the Caribbean.

I'm going to be so rich I"ll have one of those houses where you need a butler with a PhD to explain what each room is for.

I will gladly donate my snowblower in exchange for a week in the DR LOL When I returned here from my trip in February it was minus 31 and we had a huge snowstorm in Ottawa LOL. Now that you guys are having a cold snap it's warm and sunny here :cheeky: I was able to go shopping and strolling around yesterday in just a polo shirt and it felt great!

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Glorious day in Cabarete today finally!
However the past three days were COLD. Two blankets on the bed, socks on my feet and my cat wouldn't leave my lap. She's Persian, lots of hair....
We've had cold spells here before, but this was definitely the coldest I can remember.
Hoping for more sun tomorrow.