Attention parents and dog owners in Sosua! New poisoning cases

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Questions to Chris:
Why you changed this thread from north coast to living? It happend on the north coast and its also an important information for tourists with childs. Does someone dont like that tourist read the thread?
Why you closed the Cabarete poison thread? It was asolutly not finished!
Please allow me...
The living section is wider reaching.
This problem may have occured only here for now, but it certainly could occur in other areas of the country, therefore these people would also like to be informed.
As for you thinking it's a tourist concern, they are hardly in the position to help.
The expats who live here, are the ones who can & will try to do something about it.
As for the Cabarete thread being closed, sometimes threads run their course, or even get out of control, so the mods close them.
If you don't already know, the mods do all this work for free and out of love for the country and their fellow DR1 brethren.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
But it was not so in this thread!
And that's why it's stil open, and will probably remain so.
I have had several of my dogs poisoned, throughout the years, and I can't even start to tell you how awful it was.
Dogs are good friends, and they are so very faithful and trusting.
Poisoning them is just plain sub human.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
ok. so leave your uncomfortable place under the rock,

Actually, I just wanted to sound the alarm to you pets owners. My apologies if I touched a nerve. I love animals myself.

zeus, (under a rock).
zeus,
and pls understand, that we here are really sad,depressed, angry and and and...
for this my reaction (my humor didn't work).
And additional while I know because of this fact that animals where
eaten, I already live here for longer time and could get some very clear
inside views whole island.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
children

Sabra, you are absolutly right, I think 100% the same!!! This madness should be stopped forever!!!!!!!

Last Wednesday was a meeting with the Assosiation Amigos Animales Sosua
where some owners of the killed dogs where also there. To some of the last posters before (I think they know hows I mean). Your posts are realy not funny and I think the owners of the killed dogs feel the same!!! Perhaps you should ask the person which were walking with there leashed dog on a public street and the dog eats something that lay on the street and 15 minutes later the dog was dead! Something equal could happen with a playing child!!
And you can be shure by a child it doesn?t last longer and the parents have very less chance to save its life!!! The poison is so strong that it kills dogs with around 60 pounds in 15 -20 minutes.

Questions to Chris:
Why you changed this thread from north coast to living? It happend on the north coast and its also an important information for tourists with childs. Does someone dont like that tourist read the thread?
Why you closed the Cabarete poison thread? It was absolutly not finished!
This I thought as well, it was not finished.
I at first wrote about the animals, because of them the poison had been
distributed so "well thought out",>>> and if any kiddy die - what will
the responsibles say ...."that's a pity"???? - same phrase was said because
of dead housedogs. We had not been sleeping here last days, had been
warning very insistently people all around because of the danger for
kids as well.And , consider, it didn't rain really last days, so still the
danger is running on, nobody can know if and where there are rests
of the poison.
And- nobody should make us believe that rats had been meant. This
would be a lie and deadly too for kiddies. BY THE WAY:There exists
boxes with poison in, where the rats go in, eat, come out,go to rats heaven. This without danger , so I was explained.And, as I remember costs less than two beer.
So, now I should finish, for to have an evening run inside our property
with the dog, round and round and round - my nervs are not for to
go out this days.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Questions to Chris:

The moderator of the North Coast Travel Forums quite rightly decided to move this thread to Living to give it wider exposure. Do remember we know which forums get read more than others. Any further complaints? Send them to me on pm please.

Perhaps you can tell me which thread you are talking about? You may read only two, I read at least 50 a day.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
danger for children and dogs-poisoning cases northcoast,currently cabarete and sosua

Please allow me...
The living section is wider reaching.
This problem may have occured only here for now, but it certainly could occur in other areas of the country, therefore these people would also like to be informed.
As for you thinking it's a tourist concern, they are hardly in the position to help.
The expats who live here, are the ones who can & will try to do something about it.
As for the Cabarete thread being closed, sometimes threads run their course, or even get out of control, so the mods close them.
If you don't already know, the mods do all this work for free and out of love for the country and their fellow DR1 brethren.
***Si, this make sense - wider reaching of the warnings/informations,
just without not forgetting to write down in title of the letters where it currently happens.
Rocky, English is not my native language, for this, please can you
tell me what means the word "brethren"

happens.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
***Si, this make sense - wider reaching of the warnings/informations,
just without not forgetting to write down in title of the letters where it currently happens.
Rocky, English is not my native language, for this, please can you
tell me what means the word "brethren"

happens.

Marco has just gone religion on us.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
Perhaps you can tell me which thread you are talking about? You may read only two, I read at least 50 a day.

Chris I mean this thread: Warning !!! new Poison-action on Cabaretebeach_take care of your children and dogs!!!

KeithUK

Feb 8, 2006
I agree that packs of stray dogs can be a problem. However the problem should be dealt with in a humane way. The indiscriminate poisoning of any animal is inhumane and irresponsible especially in this case where children and adults may also be effected. Hopefully the persons responsible will be brought to task and educated on how irresponsible and malicious placing poison on a public heach or anywhere else is. It is inhumane to make any animal suffer especially if the intended victims are someones beloved pet dogs.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

Chris I mean this thread: Warning !!! new Poison-action on Cabaretebeach_take care of your children and dogs!!!

OK, now I know which thread .. the one in DR Debates Forum. Your opinion and the moderator's decision were obviously not the same. If threads give moderators too much hassle, too much work, too many deletions, too many fights, too many personal insults, threads get closed. And that is just the way it is.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
hopefully the persons responsible

I agree that packs of stray dogs can be a problem. However the problem should be dealt with in a humane way. The indiscriminate poisoning of any animal is inhumane and irresponsible especially in this case where children and adults may also be effected. Hopefully the persons responsible will be brought to task and educated on how irresponsible and malicious placing poison on a public heach or anywhere else is. It is inhumane to make any animal suffer especially if the intended victims are someones beloved pet dogs.

Keith, this is most important do try now. And - we all here, believing
in human way of life, should speak with people
where we see, that they do not good attention for their dogs. p.e. this people
relaxing at the beach,or surfing , let their dogs alone. For some months any
domestic animal was forbidden at the beach. After an action with signs of
lots of residents, we were allowed to walk along the beach with dogs on
leash.But it seems, that it is necessary always to apply new other people which do not take care, to be more disziplinated , for not to challenge new
attacks, from this we all are in danger.
As well should be educated some house-owners with always open doors,or
no fance/walls round the property,
doggies running free in the street (I speak now p.e. from a residents-area),
sometimes the doggies attack (mostly playful) byecicles or conchos,
this as well can produce aggressions and more. In my area for this happend poisoning .
I know from what I speek. For me it is not so easy to feel like a prisoner,and
to let feel my dog like a prisoner sometimes,
but in a community with lot of people all should be considerate and
take responsibility.
Surely I like more do let my dog have fun and run and so on, but this
can be in beach parts little more far, not in cabarete-bay, where most
"beach-life and -business" is running.It's to walk just some minutes more.

ROCKY AND CHRIS - thanks for help to translate.

red angel

Jan 27, 2007
Some of you and some of restaurant-owners reportet about increasing of accidents between humans , especially children , and dogs. Most of them had to go to the doctor. I asked the doctors in the biggest medical office of Cabarete if they had to treat many cases like that. The answer: We can not at all remember that anything like that ever happened! (???) Strange?..
Now I?m gonna investigate in other clinics (also in Puerto Plata) too.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
No se...

.... I asked the doctors in the biggest medical office of Cabarete if they had to treat many cases like that. The answer: We can not at all remember that anything like that ever happened! (???) Strange?..

No, not strange.
Ask them ANYthing, they will not remember...

What do you expect them to tell you anyway....?

m'frog

G

gary short

GET THE DAMN dogs off the beach and off the streets....It seems dog owners are so clueless as to how they inconveniance everybody else.
It freaken amazes me how some GRINGOS think it's their right to let their large fierce combative type dogs roam freely and yet are surprised that someone sets out poison..............wake the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I asked the doctors in the biggest medical office of Cabarete if they had to treat many cases like that. The answer: We can not at all remember that anything like that ever happened! (???) Strange?..
Now I?m gonna investigate in other clinics (also in Puerto Plata) too.

What did you expect? That they should tell you who they treat and for what? It is not strange at all that they told you nothing.