Attention parents and dog owners in Sosua! New poisoning cases

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
free running dogs

GET THE DAMN dogs off the beach and off the streets....It seems dog owners are so clueless as to how they inconveniance everybody else.
It freaken amazes me how some GRINGOS think it's their right to let their large fierce combative type dogs roam freely and yet are surprised that someone sets out poison..............wake the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE
This is the big problem, exctly this dogs owners of large special ones not taking care . You shouldn't say DAMN dogs, better say D A M N O W N E R S.
The animals basicly are what to educate to them. It seems a never ending work,to apply to this kind of humans,for to feel respect and do all the best with running their animals. Fences, closed entrance-doors, leash and and and.
I do it always, although it is a hard work sometimes to reach really any
spirit of lots of this people. Some of them mean," now I'm in this
new world, "freedom completely", can do what I want". 'That this is a
complete stupid wrong thinking, of course. Freedom ends there, where you
bother, endanger the next.
BUT - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ;M A S S M U R D E R like it happend
now, is an answer and a solution.Precisely for that reason, that
*little kids are in danger,
*lots of other "good" dogs-owners are affected,
*really not all dogs are danger, exists a lot of really lovely dogis, like best and beloved friends of us humans >>>
what do i say - n e v e r this cunningly murder-way is to be accepted.
Maybe there should be a law, to be allowed to have special typ of animals
and to do before a very hard examen and be controlled time by time (the
humans first, I mean).
Last year in Cabarete there was a dog arrestend from the police, staying
in jail, because of hunting chicken. The owner had to come and take
after some days. Maybe this is another way of educate stupid owners,
by paying a very big multa.
hopeful that any human way to solve all this will be able.
sabra

Not all large dogs are danger, I feel sometimes more danger from humans.

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
"I feel sometimes more danger from humans"

Good point, how many of the recent murders have been committed by the local dogs?

G

gary short

"I feel sometimes more danger from humans"

Good point, how many of the recent murders have been committed by the local dogs?

WHOA........good point.....I feel sometimes more danger from humans.

red angel

Jan 27, 2007
I was very surprised about the answers to my last post. Why should doctors, that me and my family know since many years lie to me ? An information like this is not under medical secret.
It?s the same if I would ask if we have many cases of Dengue-feaver here. I know it precisely
because I come from this profession! Beside this it is very new for me, that we have so many dog-haters here. If i walk my dogs everybody tells me that they never expectet to see such quiet dogs in so beautiful conditions here. Many people made fotos of them to have them in their computer or as a picture in their cellphone. It was also new for me, that a well cared dog, that gets his yearly vaccinations and regular desparasitation has many deseases and bacterials and is a risk for public health. This is simply not true!! I?m a responsible dog-owner. My property is surrounded of high walls and the door and the gate are always locked. My dogs never!! go out alone, the reason is, that I love my dogs and I don?t want them to die under a car, be stolen or poisoned and not why thei?re attacking people. And I don?t let kill my best friends and protectors by anybody!!! ( By the way: Pitbulls are not very protective and I don?t have one).
Have you ever seen the pain in the eyes of that poor lady who walked his dog leashed on the street and her dog got poison and died?
Whenever I go alone to beach and I met tourists that I know is the first question:?Where are your dogs and where are all that lovely beach-dogs?
Think that over!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
What have the last posts got to do with dogs and possibly children being poisoned in Sosua? I know many threads deviate from the original subject so understand the system now but just want to mention a few facts. We brought our 5 dogs (3 black Labs and 2 GSD's) here with us from England last June and also our 2 cats and we now have 3 additional young Dominican dogs. The cats don't wander far and the dogs are all within our 1 acre compound, not even allowed in the fields of the finca unsupervised or one of two of them may chase and kill chickens which is their natural instinct. Just like children, dogs need kind discipline - they need to be trained to know what is right and wrong and then life is easy.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
just like children, dogs need kind discipline......

What have the last posts got to do with dogs and possibly children being poisoned in Sosua? I know many threads deviate from the original subject so understand the system now but just want to mention a few facts. We brought our 5 dogs (3 black Labs and 2 GSD's) here with us from England last June and also our 2 cats and we now have 3 additional young Dominican dogs. The cats don't wander far and the dogs are all within our 1 acre compound, not even allowed in the fields of the finca unsupervised or one of two of them may chase and kill chickens which is their natural instinct. Just like children, dogs need kind discipline - they need to be trained to know what is right and wrong and then life is easy.
*I don't know which last posts you exactly mean, whirleybird . I think, all have to do with the poisoning horror in Sosua and before highly in Cabarete
(the thread because of Cabarete was closed, as you see, but I still feel
danger). We apply in different ways ,trying to touch the heart of the people, and to explain facts.>> To train the dogs to know what is right and wrong that goes without saying for many owners, but to reach this ones who are irresponsible, indifferent is one of the possibilities to avoid actions like the last ones, I hope, and I still hope that with reading in this thread maybe some
lazy people will change into a better way.

BigRich

Mar 31, 2007
What?

Most of this is just jibberish.

I feel it as a maxi crime. And it tells me,I'm long time resident, that as every year before special events or holidays the beaches had been "cleaned", so that they meet the well coloured pictures in the prospects for tourists, means
what some selling people here means to have to present them.This last
murder-work now again in Cabarete and as well Sosua was the biggest I know.This was done in other well known tourist places as well, p.e. playa dorada. The very problem is, that Cabarete is not an isolated holiday park with beach, this as a mixed community as we all know. Most residents have dogs, some long time tourists come with their dogs ,and lot of tourists like to see and to contact dogs as a part of natural life, what they often miss in their homearea.
We where used always before this events to stay for a while at home with our
animals or went by car (in case existing, I don't have) to other places.
But now it is really enough, I am full with beeing angry/helpless/sad and so on,but hopeful to find together with other's a way to reach maybe a rest of
human feeling in the killers which are thinking to have to place the poison in their interest. To explain them how stupid *deceitful *cowardly*they acted, knowing nothing what nature is .They meaned primary the straydogs (had been at last just 4 here and always the same, protecting the area, doing good work), and a lot of housedogs of us died. This is an absolutely inexcusable intervention in life of others.
For some people here:>>>a word to our housedogs: not all are"waepons", as
described,in the last "poison"-forum, but our good beloved and vigilant friends.

red angel

Jan 27, 2007
May I ask what qualifications you have to make that statement?

Bravo, 100 points to you for this answer, whirleybird!
What I wanted to explain with my last post, that you found deviated was, that the reasons of killing so many dogs ( and in the worst case children too) are invention. And a Lady that walks her dog leashed on the street shurely educated her animal . To know what is right and what is wrong and to do it unfortunately doesn?t make life easy ( for nobody).

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
No, not strange.
Ask them ANYthing, they will not remember...

What do you expect them to tell you anyway....?

m'frog

how can you write this, do you know this person??? Whats its name? I know this person also, its a reputable person!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A bunch of you are gonna land up hating each other from this thread, and this, on the day of the biggest DR1 social gathering ever, up at Las Canas, and here's me with deathly fever missing it all.
You'd be surprised to find out just how nice some of these folks are, in person.
The bottom line is that nobody wants to see dogs indiscriminately poisoned, and everybody recognizes the dangers of a bad azz dog biting a kid, and that dogs should be kept under control, and the nasty dogs just shouldn't be brought out in public, and we all know that a dog's a man's best friend, specially in this country, where they are often life savers.

Franz

Dec 30, 2006
GET THE DAMN dogs off the beach and off the streets....It seems dog owners are so clueless as to how they inconveniance everybody else.
It freaken amazes me how some GRINGOS think it's their right to let their large fierce combative type dogs roam freely and yet are surprised that someone sets out poison..............wake the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!

just some questions:
...do that all dog owner or only some?
is it your beach and are they your streets? Are you perhaps a member of the Assosiation of Bar + Hotelowner? (because sometimes I have the feeling that some of them think its there property and they deside sometimes what happens in Cabarete and some of them think they can do what they want (for example pump the toilettwater on the beach and .....)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
just some questions:
...do that all dog owner or only some?
is it your beach and are they your streets? Are you perhaps a member of the Assosiation of Bar + Hotelowner? (because sometimes I have the feeling that some of them think its there property and deside what happens in Cabarete and they think they can do what they want (for example pump the toilettwater on the beach and .....)
Franz,
As you are a relatively new poster and don't know who's who yet, I might mention that Gary likes to stir up shyte, just for fun at times.
He does not live in Cabarete, nor in the DR.
As it happens, his post that you quoted was actually quite reasonable.
He wasn't condoning dog poisoning, he simply said that people shouldn't be surprised.
Mass dog poisonings has been going on for many many years in this country, in particular in this area.
Hopefully we can catch the perps and punish them.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
sorry, I cant nothing see whats funny!
I didn't say it was funny.
I know just how not funny it is.
I've had some of my dogs poisoned, some even died in my arms.
When I said he posts for fun, that does not mean it's funny.
It's another way to say that he posts unusual things, seemingly just to entertain himself.
If you search out his posts, you will see that he likes being controversial.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Franzens Missverstaendnis

how can you write this, do you know this person??? Whats its name? I know this person also, its a reputable person!

Lieber Franz,
das hat doch nichts mit der Person zu tun.
Da hast Du etwas ganz falsch verstanden; mag an der englischen Sprache liegen....

mountainfrog

G

gary short

Hey Rocky I don't see what me living there has anything to do with not liking large dogs running freely on the beach or in the streets. In fact that is one of the reasons I don't visit Sosua or Caberete more often. As far as living there.........would never happen.......dogs being the tip of the iceberg. But hey thanks for the defence.....