AZB.....I need your help!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Geez AZB......why didn't ya say so sooner!

AZB said:
I live 10 mins away from Harry's market in atlanta (actually Marietta, GA).

We coulda met up last time I was there (you were there at about the same time)!

Is it the one near Sat.Boulevard (off Jimmy Carter) out Suwanee way where you live? I think there are a couple of Harry's in the Altanta area. (it's now a "Whole Foods" market).

I read in another thread you were going to be there the 23rd of this month. Would you be interested in picking up a direct from India "culture" for "curd (aka yoghurt)? I just made contact with someone in the Atlanta area who would be willing to part with a few tablespoons full but it needs to be picked up and my son is now in Tampa - just in time to get hit by Hurricane Francis!
It can be kept frozen until needed.
Let me know and I'll put you in touch!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Haven't seen any in my travels Barnabe but I haven't been looking either! :)

Barnabe said:
You can probably find Moringa in DR.

http://www.fs.fed.us/global/iitf/native.htm

It is also mentioned in TRAMIL (farmacopea caribena)

Maybe it is palo de tambor o palo de aceite in RD. In Haiti it is zoliv or benzolivier.

Barnab?

I'll have to check around when I'm there (and ask a couple of Haitian neighbours if they know of any in my area!).
It's easy to start from cuttings but I'm thinking of ordering some seed to take with me as it if easy to grow from seed also. The leaves can be used in salads and even the bark and roots are used for teas and topical application. It is quite high in protein as well as many other desirable nutrients. I'm surprised it isn't widely cultivated as it would certainly improve the diet of the poorer people with almost no cost and easy maintenance.
Thanks for the link......

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I may cancel my trip to atlanta on the 23rd. there is a wedding in november so I will wait till then.
AZB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Even better as I will be in the DR in November!

AZB said:
I may cancel my trip to atlanta on the 23rd. there is a wedding in november so I will wait till then.
AZB

That way I'd have an excuse to make the ole man drive to Santiago to pick up my share of the culture!
So....are you interested???? I might be persuaded to cook you an Indian dinner if your kitchen is suitably equipped!