AZB+Ipod touch 3rd generation = eternal love

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB, does that mean you could run flash on an iPad with the jailbreak?

good point. I am not sure. i am still reading up on new tricks.
I will let people know about my findings as i do some more research.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Flash is history for Apple and a jailbreak isn't going to help on future models.

The OS 4 multi-tasking is a lot more sophisticated than the current jail break implementations.
They current jailbreaks eat up a lot of resources that are not needed and you don't have any control of the resources these apps are eating up.

The new multi-tasking in OS 4 is also the reason they have now moved away from supporting Flash, as 3rd party foreign cross-compilers mess too much with the new OS.

The downside of jail breaks is if you update by mistake. Apple prevents you from downgrading, so you better make sure you have backed up your SHSH blobs.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was able to download a dominican app which enables me to listen to all the good radio stations of dominican republic in good quality. So if you guys who live away from DR can now listen to all the good radio stations, right from your ipod touch. Connect a x-mini speaker and you are all set.
My ipod touch is jail broken with the new program called "spirit" and I download all my apps from installous. Can't thank enough the hackers.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I pre-ordered my HTC Evo 4G, they say it is an I-Phone killer so I'm really anxious to try it when it comes out. Will put pictures and reviews here.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I pre-ordered my HTC Evo 4G, they say it is an I-Phone killer so I'm really anxious to try it when it comes out. Will put pictures and reviews here.

man o man, I am so jealous. Evo 4g is a killer to all smartphones out there. I would love to have my hands on one. It will be super fast with 1 ghz snapdragon chip, super fast internet and a whopping 4.3 inch giant screen; Not to mention, Andriod 2.1 software.You are all set. It will a chick magnet in usa and a baja panty automatico in DR.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
AZB it is a big deal for me as I make a living maintaining the first 4G network in the USA and this is the first phone capable of using it so I'm really excited to say the least. I think this phone along with others Sprint can launch before the end of the year will bring Sprint back in the map of the big carriers. It will come out with Android 2.1 but with Android 2.2 right on the corner it will be even better. It also have a Wifi router capabilities, so you can connect your Ipad & your laptop to the 4G network through it anywhere you are in the city.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB it is a big deal for me as I make a living maintaining the first 4G network in the USA and this is the first phone capable of using it so I'm really excited to say the least. I think this phone along with others Sprint can launch before the end of the year will bring Sprint back in the map of the big carriers. It will come out with Android 2.1 but with Android 2.2 right on the corner it will be even better. It also have a Wifi router capabilities, so you can connect your Ipad & your laptop to the 4G network through it anywhere you are in the city.

I know, its an amazing phone. If I can get my hands on one, I will lock myself at home and won't leave for 4 days. This toy is better than sex.

Reactions: ExtremeR

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know, its an amazing phone. If I can get my hands on one, I will lock myself at home and won't leave for 4 days. This toy is better than sex.

I have been having Android sex for the past few weeks with my new HTC Incredible, it's not quite as good looking as a Mocana, never asks for anything but more battery. The 1GhZ Snapdragon processor is pretty fast on 3G. It comes with 8GB internal memory and I added another 16GB Micro SD for my Daddy Yankee collection. I have to figure out how to tether it this week via Bluetooth to my laptop.
:bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have been having Android sex for the past few weeks with my new HTC Incredible, it's not quite as good looking as a Mocana, never asks for anything but more battery. The 1GhZ Snapdragon processor is pretty fast on 3G. It comes with 8GB internal memory and I added another 16GB Micro SD for my Daddy Yankee collection. I have to figure out how to tether it this week via Bluetooth to my laptop.

You guys are having all the fun up north. maybe I should move back. HTC incredible is very good, just as fast as evo but evo has the extra bonus of bigger screen. I would settle for either one, but too bad, non of the 2 models are GSM.
AZB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
The strange thing about Bluetooth that sometimes devices do not match for some reason. For example, I was able to see and add my blackberry phone to the Bluetooth system in my car and import the list of contacts. But, as soon as I got a free Samsung phone from Sprint - Bluetooth in my car can see it, but is not able to add the device and import the list of contacts. :( I am also waiting for the Sprint 4G phone to come out. Then, I hope, my laptop and my car will be able to recognize it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ipod touch (unlocked) + backgrounder + gizmo5 + Googlevoice (opera browser version) = free phone to call all over usa and canada plus receive calls. You have multitasking and you can do whatever.
example: now you can connect with yahoo messenger, msn messenger, facebook chat, google talk messenger, skype and even a sip telephone, all at once through nimbuzz program. now you can talk via voice chat with your skype buddies or googke talk contacts. You can receive calls on your sip device (example: gizmo5+google voice or ipkall number). You can even surf the web (multitasking mode). In simple terms: you can have almost a full working laptop and full functioning american phone, all for free via ipod touch. I didn't even take my laptop to usa this time around. I was ok with my ipod touch. Now I have radio station app, connected to my x-mini speaker and wow. I have the world stations with me when I am in wifi zone. I even have an app for dominican radio station. tambo, you are all set with your daddy yankee hits and not to mention, el chopo frank reyes, 24/7. hehehe
ir7tko.jpg

my next move will be ipad when it becomes more advanced in the following generations.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
hey Tambo, I am about to pull the trigger on the Incredible, mainly for the 8 MEGAPIXEL camera....but am deathly worried about a 4hour battery life..( i have heard)

that would mean id have to tote around a second battery, or have a dozen chargers every place i would possibly go!!

and i d want a phone on me...not someplace on a charger...

sooo how bad is it???

if i didnt have hourly updates on the apps, would it last longer??

i seldom need to look at my email more than 3 or 4 times a day...max

bbad bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Great phone

Bob:

It lasts 6-10 hours depending on the your surfing/texting.
Generally I make it from 8:30AM until 3PM with moderate/heavy usage.

Carry the charger, or buy a second battery!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
so i guess one charger at work, another at home and then a one in the car. Ummm, something to think about.
AZB

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
hey Tambo, I am about to pull the trigger on the Incredible, mainly for the 8 MEGAPIXEL camera....but am deathly worried about a 4hour battery life..( i have heard)

that would mean id have to tote around a second battery, or have a dozen chargers every place i would possibly go!!

and i d want a phone on me...not someplace on a charger...

sooo how bad is it???

if i didnt have hourly updates on the apps, would it last longer??

i seldom need to look at my email more than 3 or 4 times a day...max

bbad bob

Bob if you want to change over Sprint, wait for the Evo, pre-order in Best Buy for only $200 (50 on the spot) and a $80 monthly bill. The Evo is way better than any phone you can name at this moment.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Evo is the best but HTC incredible is not bad either. Too bad both are CDMA. Real men use GSM. Hehehe
AZB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
K lindo!

This is out this week via Vodafone.
HTC Legend in Brushed Aluminum!
htc-legend-test.jpg

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Bob if you want to change over Sprint, wait for the Evo, pre-order in Best Buy for only $200 (50 on the spot) and a $80 monthly bill. The Evo is way better than any phone you can name at this moment.

I can't wait to get it on June 4th!!!! Do you, guys, think I could test it with my car before I buy it? Has there been any research on its Bluetooth compatibility with various types of vehicles?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I loved my iPod Touch so much that I upgraded to an iPhone 3Gs yesterday - my son was happy to get my Touch.

I'm assuming I will not be able to pop a DR chip in there and use it when I'm there...???

AE