AZB+Ipod touch 3rd generation = eternal love

Sep 19, 2005
Bob if you want to change over Sprint, wait for the Evo, pre-order in Best Buy for only $200 (50 on the spot) and a $80 monthly bill. The Evo is way better than any phone you can name at this moment.
dont want to change carriers...satying with Verizon..

I really am not into all the bells and whistles yet of the smartphones...

but i do love the 8 MP cameras...

I bought the HTC Droid Incredible....

and an extra large battery!! and three chargers !! ha ha

bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I can't wait to get it on June 4th!!!! Do you, guys, think I could test it with my car before I buy it? Has there been any research on its Bluetooth compatibility with various types of vehicles?

Wouldn't it make more sense to go to one of the many Android forums to research this?

Android Forums

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Wouldn't it make more sense to go to one of the many Android forums to research this?

Android Forums

Thanks, I will! I actually already did some research online. One of the most useful links I found was this one: Bluetooth car compatibility wizard - CNET Reviews. Another advice was to contact the vehicle manufacture which I also did. I am still waiting for their response. The problem is that Bluetooth devices installed by car manufactures very often older versions than the ones that come out with the new phones and that is why they end up being incompatible. :(

So, if you, guys, want to use Bluetooth technology - do some research and testing before you buy!

Silenus

Mar 20, 2009
Hey everybody.

Love tech talk, had to post. ;)

I started with an iPod Touch 1G and got hooked.

I have an iPhone 3G, I wont go back to regular phones never again.
Can't wait for Steve Jobs to show the iPhone 4G or HD (whatever the name) on June 8th.

Although I don't like Apple politics, like leaving some common features on their devices to implement them on the next iteration, but they make great products.

I use my iPhone with a fm transmitter in my car, would love that someday a good navigation app be implemented.

Btw AZB is your jailbreak tethered or untethered, a heads up you could use Spirit (new jailbreak) to use your ipod touch to be untethered.

The major difference between both methods is that when your device is tethered you can't restart it as it will get stuck on the restore and you will have to jailbreak again.

I'm dominican, just lurking around. ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
apple ipod and iphone products are worth the extra cash.
by the way, the new jailbreak 'spirit" is untethered and it will jailbreak both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmwares in both ipod touch 3rd generation and iphone 3gs.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have just programmed my siphone to callcentric sip and forwarded ipkall pstn number to it. I can receive calls in perfect quality from any phone in usa. No lags and clear voice. I am using it with google voice and now I have a perfect free phone over wifi to call and receive calls from usa, unlimited minutes. Viva google.
the reason i am using callcentric with ipkall is because gizmo5 is not allowing new members to sign up.
AZB

Silenus

Mar 20, 2009
Yeah I read gizmo5 was bought by google, so we might see it implemented on google voice one day.

I hope that the next iPod touch will have 3G as the iPad, that will make it way better as people wont have to be at the mercy of open wifi spots.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Now vonage has an app "vonage mobile for ipod touch". It seems to be giving away free calls to usa if you are connected via wifi. Just download the app and register yourself if you don't have an vonage account. When it asks for depositing money in the account, just close that part and turn on vonage app and make a call.
It will give you free calls to usa numbers.
AZB