Bad News

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Jefe

Keep the spirits up and fight it back as hell. I know people who have been diagnosed with worst scenarios and are still alive and kicking. Good Luck and hope to see you at CMS sometime.

TW

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jefe
You will be in my familys prayers every day and night ,your will to overcome will keep you safe.
John

JROD

Jan 3, 2002
Hold has with God

Jefe, hold hands with God and averything will be OK!. After all, who could me mightier than God. As our father, he' ll always be with all his children.. Just remember, 'as is in heaven, is on Earth'.
'como arriba es abajo, como abajo es arriba. Quotes from 'El Kybalion'.. try to get a copy and read it. It will do you good.

We're all with you !!!!

JROD (primus inter pares)

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
To El jefe....

Stay strong, man! I will definitely have my homeroom class pray for you. You have never seen anything like 14 year old boys praying...it's awesome. Our God is powerful with limitless strength. He'll lift you up--he'll carry you through.

We have a teacher at my work with breast cancer. Last week all the 5th grade boys shaved their heads. She was able to take off her hat for the first time and share her baldness with them.

These are life lessons for us all.

Stay strong!!

bobnoxious

*** Sin Bin ***
Jan 2, 2002
Jefecito,

May God guide the hands of the Doctors and all involved in your recovery. My prayers are with you.

As the only Colorado brethren of this board (to my knowledge), I've always had a great deal of respect for your insight and contribution. Good to have you back in the saddle.

Kuda

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Se?or Jefe,

Although I may not be a 'regular' here, I see how others share their prayers and love with you. And as Butthead said many years ago, "I'm there, dude." We are praying for you.

Jose?to

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
El Jefe,

Geez, I hadn't checked the board for a few days and was really taken aback by this news. Rest assured that my wife and I are sending our prayers along with our best wishes to you.

I also plan to email you in regard to Carol Morgan. Your mention of the school has triggered a long-forgotten memory I want to ask you about.

Take care of yourself! :)

Swede

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Just got back tonight to hear that our cousin's husbands cancer is inoperable and he has refused to undergo chemo again having just finished a round in Sept. He's chosen to fight back in other ways and enjoy each day with his family as best he can. He is well at the moment and has a lot of ppl praying for him.
I say a prayer daily (as I have for the past year) for him and I will definitely add you to my daily plea. I have seen the power of prayer at work and even if you don't believe in it yourself it still seems to have a positive effect.
Also this may be just what I need to get my buns in gear again and see if I can connect our genealogy lines.
Take care and know that God goes with you!

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
UPDATE:

Good News!!! CT Scan yesterday showed no spread to other organs...cancer is localized to the tumor...we are going for a cure not just prolonging life. It will be a bitchy nine months of treatments and operation but it is much easier knowing that the cancer is not terminal.

Thanx to all who have responded here and by email.

A personal note: Please, do not wait for testing until the insurance companies will pay. For colon cancer thety normally start at 50. My original cancer probably started when I was about 45. If I had been tested then I might have caught it before it became cancerous...look at your family history...insist that the doctors fight for you.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Jefe
Gracias a Dios
Glad to hear the great news for you.My personal thanks for the advice as I am past the 45 mark and have never cosidered a prosta cancer or any other type of test,the reality of your case has prompted me to feel mortal and I have scheduled 9a full complete checkup
J.H.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Jefe, you are one of my favorite posters. I had become a bit sad when I heard about your cancer, but now I feel better already about you. Lets just cut that useless lump of tumor and lets start a new lease on life. When you come to SDQ, please do visit santiago. Me buy the cold one for "mi Jefe"!!!!!!!

Carol

Jan 2, 2002
Hi Jefe

Hang right in there, I'm thinking of you. If it's any consolation, I've beaten it twice now, the last time was 1990 and I've stayed clear since then and I thank God every day for that. I will be praying for you. It's such a shock when it comes back. I know you have many friends on the board, and elsewhere, no doubt and I am sure that every single one of them will be praying for you. As we say in England: 'Chin up!!!'

Carol