Be careful, Bamboo Bar Prostitues

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
Unless they kite then they should stop whinging about hookers!

Like I stopped visiting Cornwall because of the pasties???

LOL

i stopped visiting blackpool, cause i couldnt cope with the rock anymore,

you also wanna guess why i stopped visiting brighton? ;-)

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
Bamboo has an RD$100 cover charge in place already (one free drink). I talked with one of the owners last week. He said if the girls pay, he's got to let them in but is controlling now how many they are allowing at a time. According to him, no more than 6-8. What he cannot do is prevent them from staying close to the entrance. The beach is a public place, that we know, and prostitution is legal. Politur cannot take a prostitute to jail because they're soliciting.

Isn't it odd that "he's got to let them in" when the other nightclubs don't have that same issue. And how can he limit it to 6-8 if "he's got to let them in"? (Sniff, sniff, what's that smell, is there livestock in here?) I haven't heard anyone who's very familiar with Cabarete disagree with the OP's comments. Except Bamboo.

And, I think some of you might be missing the point. They're not whinging about hookers. They're whinging about aggressive hookers that won't leave them alone when they're out with their wives and families, and pickpocketing the men who aren?t experienced enough to punch or kick them.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
and pickpocketing the men who aren?t experienced enough to punch or kick them.

Well for starters if you kick or punch a girl/woman or even show any sign of aggression you can expect to be carted off along with the girl and end up paying either the local so called 'on the spot, get out of jail' fine (and walking before you get to the station), or taken to the station where you will end up having to get a lawyer that will cost you at least 10,000pesos who will need to go with you to the court in Pto Plata, if lucky the same day morning(usually)to be told you have to pay the puta compensation for assault on top of the lawyer fee. Hitting putas in public only ends up in disaster for gringos.
Just a little bit of advice.

As far as the OT goes, I think the problems are so limited that it isn't really worth anyone getting flustered about. You surround yourself with party people, drink and putas and the occasional bad thing might happen, for the most part I think people have fun.

dr_dreamin

Jan 20, 2010
Anastacio, thank you for the correction, you are absolutely right, I should never have sounded like I was advising anyone to punch or kick a female. I was completely wrong to have stated it that way. However, I think it depends on your definition if the problems are limited; I have heard many (ie more than 30) direct stories from men about being pickpocketed on Cabarete beach / nightclubs (so, not counting stories about, only stories directly from). I consider that a sufficient number to warrant a warning to men. Personally, I advise them to carry a limited amount of cash and nothing else and to go out and have a good time. BTW, this is very gender-specific; I have not heard any stories from women about being pickpocketed in the nightclubs / beach at night.

Anastacio, thank you for the correction, you are absolutely right, I should never have sounded like I was advising anyone to punch or kick a female. I was completely wrong to have stated it that way. However, I think it depends on your definition if the problems are limited; I have heard many (ie more than 30) direct stories from men about being pickpocketed on Cabarete beach / nightclubs (so, not counting stories about, only stories directly from). I consider that a sufficient number to warrant a warning to men. Personally, I advise them to carry a limited amount of cash and nothing else and to go out and have a good time. BTW, this is very gender-specific; I have not heard any stories from women about being pickpocketed in the nightclubs / beach at night.

Well if you let the young lady play with the little head on the beach, the big head loses its capacity to think correctly and by the time the big head recovers, the young lady is long gone with the wallet. Moral of this story keep the little guy in check until your back in your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.