Beef and booze

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
From the states to your door

The chefpepper ships in directly from the states.

Same supplier to the restaurants you listed.

They will - or already do - have a very simple recipe that comes with every order.

It's designed to be simple, all the ingredients you'll need are common household items.

Basic barbecue, honey, Montreal marinade (or something like that).

Cooking instructions included I believe.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Buy and use,a "Pressure Cooker"! Best of both worlds!

You get the great flavor of dominican beef,and it will melt in your mouth!Brown some beef,brown some cellery,onions,carrots,garlic,peppers,throw them in the pot with 2 or 3 "Caldo de Gallinas",a can of tomatoe sauce,water to cover the meat,1 hour under pressure,serve over rice,or pasta!With "Pecho" at 15 pesos a pound,you won't belive how it tastes. Great Stuff!Cris

Last edited:

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
big fat beef eaters....

I hope you all feel good gloating over the poor miserable animals that gave their all so your pleasure could be so profound

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
neil thomas said:
Monaco,Apparently you are a victim of some sort of new age miss information.Ive raised my own beef for years,never used anything not even antibiotics.The thing that makes beef tender is two fold,One is grain, preferable corn. usualy about 1500lbs over 90 days The other is the amount of time the beef is aged in cold storage before it is eaten.We like to age our beef for 2 weeks.Carribean beef is not grained and is packaged as soon as it is slaughtered.Or if your really a coniseur try some Kobie beef from Japan,about $60 us a pound,These lucky bovine are fed beer,live in a sterile inviornment,are fed no bios,and are messaged daily.And by the way Monaco,see those pointy teeth on either side of your smile,those would be canine teeth used for,you guesed it,tearing flesh.

So scientific....

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Santobanao: We were commenting on how tough the beef is in the DR..not the price.

ArJay : God put Cows on this Earth so we could eat them.

Larry (moo)

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Conoces que yo soy gringo? bueno. Esta que ellos hablan me enferma. Por que yo no soy eso gente. perdoname mi lingua. Yo soy gringo

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Montreal Steak spice!!! a few days in the fridge,

a sprinkle of all natural "ablando carne" or just plain papaya pulp and ANY Dominican beef steak on the grill is great.
I've a zillion marinade recipes (Italian beef is also eaten on the day it's killed- or at least used to be, which is partly why veal is so popular) that will give you a mouth watering tender steak or just about any other cut of beef.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
IF......................

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

neil thomas

Jun 10, 2003
Camden,Was just about to pen the same sentiment.Its not meat that causes obeisity,its carbs,so belly up,and have a bowl of grain

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Has anybody read any of the books about eating for your blood type?
Along with most grains, it says red meat is not healthy for my blood type. But my son can eat it.
It is recommended that I eat more fish, and some chicken along with the usual fruits and vegetables.
DR sounds like a great place for that kind of diet.
mk

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
I had some steak from Rancho Steak House and it was delicious, tender and it was freakin' leftovers from the night before so imagine what it was like when my family went to the restaurant in the first place........try that place

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Me gusta

I tried some chefpepper this past weekend and it was delicious. I believe what I had was the Churasco.

I've never been much of a red meat person, so perhaps my sampling is limited.

It was marinated for 12 hours in worcestershire sauce and sprinkled with some Montreal seasonings.

Also had a burger patty - naked - (the burger was, not me) and it was also very good.

Two hoofs up!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Cleef

If you liked the beef marinated in the worchester sauce try a steak marinated for a day in worchester and Italian salad dressing. Then throw it on the barbeque.While its Barbequing, drink a nice cold manhattan ( seagrams 7 and sweet vermouth with a cherry) Then have steak with a good glass of California or Australian red (actually any good red thats not French).
Larry

Last edited:

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Every resturant I worked in in USA used some MSG based stuff to make the cheep cuts of meat seem like good cuts. Even the chicken was filled with crap. I couldn't believe it when i read the boxes that came from Sisco.
Anyone ever eat in a Hoss's Steak House in USA? They use this stuff called Hoss Dust. Along with the fried barbie doll(if any of you remember reading about that in the paper a few years ago)..its all no good for you.
I'd rather have a piece of meat that you have to chew a bit and know its free of all the crap than have a melt in the mouth piece of hormone injected flesh.
Also if you get the steak cooked rare its going to be much easier on the gutt. Gimme a bloody hunk of MEAT and I'll suck it down! Even tho I don't eat meat that much...love a good natural hunk of raw MEAT!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think rest. Bologna has the best steak in Sosua, try the pepper version. Much better meat there than it was in the old Alexandras
steakhouse, that has been mentioned.

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Enough on the beef

Okay, Okay we all know that Canada has the best beef (regardless of what the news says:angry: !

Beef in the DR sucks, so stick to the chicken! For the rest of you stick to your veggie sticks and let the rest of us enjoy our red meat!

But.... What about the whiskey??!! I did not have a rye and pepsi for the entire two weeks I was there (enjoyed the rum a whole lot tho;) )

I even enjoyed the crap they serve on the plane on the way home! For next time I am in the DR, are there any CDN whiskeys available?
My preferred choices are Crown Royal or Gibson's finest, Even Wisers deluxe would be appreciated?? Anyone??:cool: