best hotel to stay in sosua

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
What is your budget? Do you want all inclusive or would you prefer to eat in restaurants?

Jul 28, 2014
Casa Marina for the All -Inclusive route, Casa Valeria or Seabreeze for a decent general motel, Rockys for the cheapest option

May 29, 2006
Important things to list as priorities for Sosua Hotels:

Need for TV/AC, kitchenette, in room WiFi~ minimal amenities
Monger/Chica Friendly: Good, bad or a must
Price: Min/Max
Location, distance to beach and downtown
Need for quiet night, typically in contrast to being downtown
Onsite restaurant and close by dining
Can speak English or other language than Spanish

May 29, 2006

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Sosua by the Sea was all inclusive when I stayed there. It was good value but not chica friendly as most of the guests were parties of US bible bashers who don't approve of that sort of thing - at least not publicly!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Very good list Peter. Only Villa Chessa missing.
Sosua by the Sea has both options with or without board drstock.

May 29, 2006
I left Perla de Sosua off until things are cleared up there..

I really liked Romanoff back in the day. Eddy's was still open about a block away and Dominoes(?) next to Four Roses wasn't far and hopping. Nice pool enclosed by a square of rooms, the bartender was super sweet and they had a TV with CNN on all the time. I think they've been through a couple owners since then. I think the only complaint I had was some damn rooster nearby, but that's life in the DR.

If I hit that part of the North Coast again, I'll prob stay at Kaoba in Cabareta again. Lots of options for rooms there and just across the road from the beach. If not there, then some place farther down the coast away from the mongers/chicas.

Hotel Kaoba

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I left Perla de Sosua off until things are cleared up there..

I really liked Romanoff back in the day. Eddy's was still open about a block away and Dominoes(?) next to Four Roses wasn't far and hopping. Nice pool enclosed by a square of rooms, the bartender was super sweet and they had a TV with CNN on all the time. I think they've been through a couple owners since then. I think the only complaint I had was some damn rooster nearby, but that's life in the DR.

If I hit that part of the North Coast again, I'll prob stay at Kaoba in Cabareta again. Lots of options for rooms there and just across the road from the beach. If not there, then some place farther down the coast away from the mongers/chicas.

Hotel Kaoba

PB - it's 2014, not 2004!

May 29, 2006
Yeah, I know. It's making me dread the thought of coming back.. I got some serious sticker shock when I saw how the rates had changed at Rocky's.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua

The Romanoff is old and cheap. They have basic rooms with shower for 800 pesos a night. The owner lives in the hotel. The owners did not change from the time the Romanoff was the very first hotel in Sosua some 25 years ago.