Best Pizza In DR...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you watch them closly, the folks at Pizzarelli and at Pala Pizza will do a bang up job for you....

When I was young-18-the then legal age for drinking in New York State, we would go up to Suffern, NY, just across the line for pizza and beer. I have to say that the "memories" of those sojourns are the greatest...

HB

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Best pizza in Cabarete!!!

If you are in Cabarete, the best place I know of in town is PIZZA E VIA!!! It's on the east side of town on the north side of the road. Loads of toppings, wood-burning oven and the most expensive "deluxe" is 90 RD.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Pizza

I recommend Antonio's Pizzeria in Plaza Brisas de Bavaro in Bavaro. Best real Italian style pizza in the area, made in a wood fired oven. Just downed a great "Pizza Siciliana", RD $85, and it always goes well with a cold Presidente. Regards, PJT

MrBean

Mar 24, 2002
Cappucino!!!!!

One of the best pizzas ever!

The thing I miss most about the DR is pizza at Cappucino, just across the street from the Teatro Nacional in Santo Domingo. Thin crust, great funky toppings and half-decent atmosphere... Nothing like that here in Tokyo that we could afford on a weekly basis!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
My vote goes to:

PALA PIZZA at Churchill Avenue. Try it outdoors in the evenings when it's cool breeze weather sitting atop their wooden mezzanine with a view to the avenue.

Now, word of warning. This is not NYC. Nothing like a New York City slice with all the trimmings.

Don't try Dominican hot dogs for that matter. If you have eaten Chicago Hot Dogs(best in the world) and try our Dominican brand you might get sick. They are also very expensive. For instance, at the hot dog stand at Nunez de Caceres with Romulo Betancourt they charge $40 pesos for a lousy, messy hot dog.

TW

lucas08

Sep 6, 2005
I always wanted to learn how to make pizza. If there is any restaurant owner or chef that needs an assistant for free please e-mail me. I would be interested in any offer.

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
Actually, I ate the best pizza in the Viva Wyndham Beach hotel in Bayahibe. They have a small dedicated stone-oven Pizzaria there that opens at 6PM till 6AM. There were many (90%) Italians in this resort and the pizza was euro-style thin crust not overloaded with topics. Its a self serve thing but small hidden restaurant in the resort. Fits only 20 people compared to the main buffet loaded with 200 at a time.

Compared to Pizarelli, Domino, Hut, La Pizza etc in Santo Domingo this wins hands down imo. Only authentic italian Pizza I've eaten here. So good I'm even booking another weekend there and this Pizza is one main argument for it besides the beach and drinks.