Best Use of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Anna, there are so many interesting and intelligent people in the country....

Gees, thanks for the compliment. I didn't know i was so well liked by many.
Ok, apart from the joke. If I am one of the people on your hate list, remember: this is 2009 and this year you don't have to worry about me anymore.
Good luck
AZB

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Wait, you taking a vacation or something or thinking about changing your ....M O:tired:..........NO......NO........SAY IT AINT SO.........

AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wait, you taking a vacation or something or thinking about changing your ....M O:tired:..........NO......NO........SAY IT AINT SO.........

AZB

I will continue to post but now I am too tired to get into arguments. I will just sit back and watch people what they like doing best. I have nothing to lose or gain from giving any sort of advice to anyone. Some people will never get it some do in NY minute. This is why we have weak people vs strong people. the weak people get into all sorts of problems, make bad decisions, make friends with dead beats and then fall into some hole sooner or later. They are not as strong or intelligent as others. They just don't get it. I will worry about my life for a change and not stick my nose into anyone's business. i am here to help anyone. I have been helping people since I came to this country and i will help people till the end. This is what we do here and this is why these types of people always have good friends and always stay clear of problems. Some people may complain of robert and many others on this board. but in reality, there is no other man more knowledgeable on santo domingo affairs than robert. he is also probably the most well connected man on this board. Why do some people try to get on his bad side, I have no clue. If anything, this man will only help you.
So please, don't hate the messenger, just read the message and take what is valuable to you and leave the rest behind.
I will take the back door just like marc (rocky). I am beginning to understand why he went out quietly. i will learn from him.
AZB is still here but no newbees needs to fear anymore. Please post away anything.
AZB

Reactions: FernieBee

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I will continue to post but now I am too tired to get into arguments. I will just sit back and watch people what they like doing best. I have nothing to lose or gain from giving any sort of advice to anyone. Some people will never get it some do in NY minute. This is why we have weak people vs strong people. the weak people get into all sorts of problems, make bad decisions, make friends with dead beats and then fall into some hole sooner or later. They are not as strong or intelligent as others. They just don't get it. I will worry about my life for a change and not stick my nose into anyone's business. i am here to help anyone. I have been helping people since I came to this country and i will help people till the end. This is what we do here and this is why these types of people always have good friends and always stay clear of problems. Some people may complain of robert and many others on this board. but in reality, there is no other man more knowledgeable on santo domingo affairs than robert. he is also probably the most well connected man on this board. Why do some people try to get on his bad side, I have no clue. If anything, this man will only help you.
So please, don't hate the messenger, just read the message and take what is valuable to you and leave the rest behind.
I will take the back door just like marc (rocky). I am beginning to understand why he went out quietly. i will learn from him.
AZB is still here but no newbees needs to fear anymore. Please post away anything.
AZB

You've come a long way!!!!

May 5, 2007
Actually I have found you to be one of the more interesting people, your "attacks" are generally tongue in cheek and you obviously have other things to do beside chase people around with cynical remarks

No "hate list" just a not worth my time list:paranoid::paranoid::paranoid:

Gees, thanks for the compliment. I didn't know i was so well liked by many.
Ok, apart from the joke. If I am one of the people on your hate list, remember: this is 2009 and this year you don't have to worry about me anymore.
Good luck
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Can we please keep this thread to the OT - "Best use of this forum" with constructive suggestions please? :)

IslandDreaming - are you talking about the DR1 forums as a whole or Living in particular?

May 5, 2007
Can we please keep this thread to the OT - "Best use of this forum" with constructive suggestions please? :)

IslandDreaming - are you talking about the DR1 forums as a whole or Living in particular?

Hi Chiri;

Just a general commentary on people and their projected persona on the entire DR1 forum and those who read it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
To the OP-"Best use of this forum" to ascertain whether someone is "worthy" of meeting in person?

What is this criteria for worthiness based on? The number of little yellow and green boxes one has next to their username?

Or whether a member agrees with everything you say without challenging your assertions?

I've met some DR1 members in person, the majority have been good people. I would personally vouch for the NYC crew.

Some others, their internet reputations do not precede them.

This forum is one of the best out there, but for the purposes of doing character profiles I'd say nothing beats interpersonal contact.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Good",the "Bad", and the "Ugly"!

"Ah", "The GOOD O?l Daze"!!!
Back when one could voice your poinion on DR1 and expect lots of peaple to "Kick Your A$$",Verbally.of course! Back when DR1 was "FUN"!
Back when AZB, "ESCOT", "Tourist Watcher" (Only the REAL DR1ers know "HIM"!) and others could "HATE" eachother online,and then share a few "Bien Frias" at "Rocky?s"!
I saw Scott last weekend,he bought me,and a friend a nice dinner in Puerto Plata!
Being "GOOD" doesn?t just mean "Someone" who is "PC",and agrees with whatever you say! It can also be "someone" who tells a "Newbee" that they are STUPID if they want to bring their 3 kids to the DR for the "GOOD LIFE"! AND; that their questions that ask:"How much does is cost to live there?"
"Can I get a GOOD job"! How much do JOBS pay there? How much does it cost to buy a GOOD HOUSE there? and the like are proof positive that they should NOT COME!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
let me get this clear:

this is a "beauty contest" started by IslandDreaming as a user with 119 posts?

why should we care?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'm probably a little late in asking this but have been in SD all day renewing residencia (more of that later :cheeky:) but...has someone upset the OP which maybe led to the original post? Not had any contact with the OP & I'm not aware of any slanging matches involving the OP but then I don't read all threads so I've probably only read a handful of posts by IslandDreaming and didn't see any stories there to illustrate

There are so many great people here, but the few "picky" and irritating know it alls (the ones who have simply retired with nothing to do but aggrevate others with useless comments), miscreants and less than honest characters could spoil what a person waits a lifetime for

so am wondering if the OP has been harmed by miscreants? Because if so, shouldn't they say so? For the benefit of everyone.

May 5, 2007
End it here please

Good God, what a disaster have I provoked.

Lowest common denominator to my message: It was a personal musing, saying this forum allowed me to see that SOME people like nothing better than to attack people, post childish remarks and I can avoid them thanks to DR1. I have no use for self important sophomoric attitudes, my PERSONAL preference, they could be nice people in reality but I choose not to associate, better for me and them.

No subterfuge, no other meaning.....nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.