Best Use of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes, understood. I'm sure we all choose to avoid...those whom we choose to avoid. But I thought I saw reference to 'miscreants & less than honest characters'. And if I did see this, I was asking what it was about. It's not a disaster, IslandDreaming, it's holding you to your own words and asking for an explanation of them. That's all. Yes I'm sure there are people who post childish remarks but that doesn't make them 'less than honest characters'. Childish remarks are easy to see, 'less than honest' might not be, that's why I was seeking clarification. For the common good.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It is my OPINION (& let's face it, everything written here is an OPINION or personally interpreted fact) that the people who visit but do not post (lurkers) want something totally different to someone who posts regularly. NEW visitors wanting information about the country (&/or its inhabitants) want vastly different things to those who have been here a few years. Argumentative souls prefer to use the board/forum as a form of release mechanism & by doing so refrain from beating the wife &/or kicking the dog. Those who have been here 1/10th of the time as 'The Great Curmudgeon' will ask for general information to help them live here & give 'guidelines' (from their experiences) to try & help those THINKING of coming to live or visit here. Those who have been here 1/4 of the time of The Great Curmudgeon will put up with multi-times repeated questions & once in a while will respond IF they the questions have been asked in a serious vogue & phrased in a friendly manner only.

The OPs needs are different to mine & so he puts in & takes out ONLY what he feels best suits HIS needs - I choose to respond in a different manner & if people want to listen .......... great, if not ............ No Matter.

Lots more COULD be said but maybe for another time, another forum, another post!:cheeky:! ~ Grahame.

May 5, 2007
Comprehension at 2 am

Well Grahame;

If it is of any importance to you, other than Robert you are the only person who seems to have understood what I was saying

Yes Lambada, I call some of the posts I have read as dishonest as they are outright lies, probably not meant to harm anyone but an attempt to embelish the poster's supposed intellect.

Lambada, you have mentioned somewheres that you are a pilot, so you understand I must now "fly" and get out of this turbulence, both figuratively and literally.

I believe I should have titled the thread "The best use of the forum FOR ME" and maybe people would have understood, but somehow I doubt it :eek:gre:

It is my OPINION (& let's face it, everything written here is an OPINION or personally interpreted fact) that the people who visit but do not post (lurkers) want something totally different to someone who posts regularly. NEW visitors wanting information about the country (&/or its inhabitants) want vastly different things to those who have been here a few years. Argumentative souls prefer to use the board/forum as a form of release mechanism & by doing so refrain from beating the wife &/or kicking the dog. Those who have been here 1/10th of the time as 'The Great Curmudgeon' will ask for general information to help them live here & give 'guidelines' (from their experiences) to try & help those THINKING of coming to live or visit here. Those who have been here 1/4 of the time of The Great Curmudgeon will put up with multi-times repeated questions & once in a while will respond IF they the questions have been asked in a serious vogue & phrased in a friendly manner only.

The OPs needs are different to mine & so he puts in & takes out ONLY what he feels best suits HIS needs - I choose to respond in a different manner & if people want to listen .......... great, if not ............ No Matter.

Lots more COULD be said but maybe for another time, another forum, another post!:cheeky:! ~ Grahame.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
let me get this clear:

this is a "beauty contest" started by IslandDreaming as a user with 119 posts?

why should we care?

Excuse us new-comers Mr. Big 1070 Posts.

The validity of a post should not rest with how many previous posts you have.

Although I am still struggling to see the validity of this one. :ermm:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
none of us are universally liked - we will always be irritating to someone - I just seem to make a career out of it - sometimes the written word is not read in the tone that it was typed in

smilie face smilie face

I cant stand Hugh Grant but I beleive hes quite popular

Mar 2, 2008
"none of us are universally liked -"

Not if we have any integrity.

Anyone who is willing to take a stand of consequence, or who is prepared to defend their beliefs, will quickly discover they have few true friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.